Posted:

Overdraft Fees?!?

4.55
New Jersey
I have been a Commerce Bank customer since 2004 and was very happy with everyhting. Then TD comes along and buys this good bank and turns everything into crap. Since when did they start charging debit card overdraft fees? Not only that, but the fees are astronomical! $140 overdraft fee? Are you kidding me? I tried calling but after 45 minutes of being on hold i gave up. Sent them a message via the website and no reply. I am begining my search for a new bank ASAP! TD BLOWS!
Complaint comments Comments (49) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Comments

15th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi from Canada kick this bank out of the US I think they are now being controlled by aliens
 22nd of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
TD BANK has unfair banking practices. although they could not show me a negative balance, "they assured" me that the $210 they charged me for overdrafts in April 2010 was appropriate. Both my bank statement and the print out the bank gave me showed NO NEGATIVE BALANCES!!!

Now, May 2010, here they go again, another $175 in overdraft fees that they say I was in the negative except THEY COULD NOT SHOW ME ANY NEGATIVE BALANCES.

This cannot be legal. They can just take $585 from my account in 2 months without showing any proof that I EVER had a negative balance. There really needs to be a CLASS ACTION.

S. Ballew
Davie Florida
 26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
hmmmm...lets think about this for a minute...first thing u said...tdbank allowed a credit card company to levy your acct?? ITS A LEVY!!! do u know what that means? it means it was COURT ORDERED banks cant tell them no too bad! and hold on did u say levy?? that means that u obviously owe someone else a HUGE amt of money that you have CLEARLY avoided for WAAAY too long for it to get to levy status. stop acting like a victim and get ur sht together!!
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I was a customer to TD and I always have problem with any transaction with them .When i applied to HELOC (Home equity line of credit), they took longer time than usual and was running credit checks again and again within that their delayed loan closing. And then when i was refinancing the property, i was needed the subordination on HELOC. The whole stroy is so bad. They tell you that it takes 5 to 7 businessdays. But, they will ask for new new document and each time they say the turn around time is 3 to 5 business days. It will more than a month and by the time the lender to refiance lock gets expired. You got to pay for the re-locks without knowing the subordination. This sucks. Please do not choose subordination from TD. Please do not go for any transactions with TD.
 28th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
My issue with TD Bank is that they do not update their system in a timely manner. I had 5 debit card via paypal charges go through about 5 days after the fact.. I had thought these charges were already processed when in actuality they were not. My husband used my paypal debit card for gas an tolls an incidentals.. totaling about $50 in a matter of 4 days. I had thought these charges were already processed through TD.. turns out.. each charge (5 of them) when through last night putting me into the negative. I called and was told I'd be charged $35 per over draft plus the overdraft.. so now we're talking about $238 in fees.
I cannot believe that this is in any way legal to do this. In one night all 5 charges went through. If in one night I became overdrawn.. I should only be charged $35 ONCE not 5 frickin times. I am going to do some research and possibly file a complaint against this type of practice. It exudes nothing but greed on the part of the bank. Maybe a person could be more apt to keeping 'track' as some of the writers here say, if TD Bank would just have a current up to date system. I really does screw things up for many people and the reason behind it is so that TD bank can make a killing off the struggling people out there.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
TD Bank North is a Joke. I have been watching my account closely now since the frequency of their so called NSF. Like just yesterday I checked online and I was neg, I called and asked if I made a deposit early am would my account get charged. I was assured that I would not get charged, and low and behold I was charged. I had to call again and get it reversed. This is an ongoing issue with them as I see above from all of the other comlaints. I do know how to balance my check book and resent them trying to belittle me over the phone and through email. This Bank is just out to get more money from its customers. I have made me formal complaint online to the BBB and hope you all will do the same. Also I am in search of a new bank...Any suggestions on a bank that treats customers like people not like a CASH COW.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
TD Bank is running an interesting scam on the American public. Now that I've switched my account to a local credit union I notice that PayPal transfers, which typically took 5 days with TD, take one or two days with my credit union. PayPal would indicate that the transfer was "complete, " yet, oddly enough, TD Bank did not. Generally they wouldn't show the PP transfer as "complete" until after a debit had come in, allowing for an overdraft charge. Likewise with any deposited checks. Yet deposits of checks are available immediately with my credit union. Regis and Kelly should be ashamed of themselves for shilling for this crooked company. It's clear that TD is engaging in unethical procedures (probably not illegal since our own government is in on this scam).
 14th of Nov, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I'm well aware of the overdraft fees but the bigger issue is deceptive posting practices. They deliberately wait to post the overdrafts several days later (all at once) in order to collect astronomical fees. Case in point, I made three separate overdrafts for small amounts (7 days apart). I typically keep track of all purchases but I had a family medical emergency and had a particulary 'off ' week. After 15 years of having the same account with NO problems, you would think the dingbats at TD bank would have considered forgiving the error considering my paycheck was direct deposited 12 HOURS after the 11pm overdraft post from the night before. 12 hours difference to incur a $105 fee? Really? Well banks come and go so there's no love lost when I close my account on Monday.

TD Bank is crooked and I'm sorry for the mindless robots that continue to post on their behalves. Suckers.
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I checked my account tonight, and I was shocked to see an overdraft assessment of 140.00 to my account. On the 18th I was in the positive ending balance... The morning of the 19th my husbands check went in automatic deposit. They charged me the 140.00 for the pending transactions that CLEARED on the 19th AFTER his check went in. Someone explain how this is legal?
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Let's sue these thieves, make them pay just like Wells Fargo, Wachovia did!
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
$175 charged in overdraft fees for a "service" I never willfully enrolled in, exasperating phone calls with several customer service representatives who refused to help...but a miraculous ending. Use the attached picture for the contact information that will actually make a difference. You may have to suffer through at least one pointless call to regular customer service before you can use the escalation information attached, but don't waste time asking for supervisors--they will all tell you the same thing. I used the attached information to send a fax and an email, and the situation was resolved within 24 hours. Good luck!
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hmmm...the picture didn't seem to take. Here's the information:
STEP 2
Elevate Your Concern
If you have contacted us and are not satisfied
with the resolution that has been suggested, your
concern can be referred to a representative of the
Senior Management Team by simply talking to
your branch. Alternatively, you can elevate your
concern using the contact information below.
For escalations, please contact us at:
Mail: TD Canada Trust Customer Feedback
Email: customerfeedback@td.com
 25th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

TD Bank - Completely irresponsible
TD Bank

To make a long story short: Applied online and completed in person at a store. They lost my signature card (but of course not my deposit) and had to go back in to fill out another. Two weeks later, tried to use store-issued debit card for $50 purchase...declined. Tried to swipe again, cleared, but for only $48 dollars, had to fork over $2 in cash to vendor. Tried to use debit card again for second time this morning for $35 purchase...declined. Fuming, I return home to call them and they tell me there is a hold on my account from the authorization not having been put through from the SECOND signature card I had to fill out. This is three interactions and three issues with a completely new customer. I am cancelling my account here.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
The Worst Bank EVEER!!!
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
New issue popping up... I was charged $100s of dollars in overdraft fees on PENDING AUTHORIZATIONS. I checked in to a hotel that authorized a large sum for security. When the actual charges came in the authorization was still on the account and they charged me overdraft fees. The next day the hold came off! They charged me fees on money I DIDN'T EVEN SPEND!!! Then the branch manager told me it was MY FAULT and that "pending authorization holds" count against my available balance regardless of if they're actual charges or not!!! Who wants to get in on a class action with me?
 5th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

TD Bank - Not professional
New York

I depsoited a check in my bussiness checking acct on March 28th 2011, March 30th 2011, and April 3rd 2011 for some weird reason none of the checks are credited to my acct there still pending!! So I went to the peolple that gave me the checks and they gave me copys of the cleared check I called the bank the bank tells me that I should have the issuing bank fax over to them the cleared check copy. This is suppose to be a bank this is their job not mine. Once these checks clear Im closing the accts. I had enough of a bank floating on my money. The only good thing they got going for them is that there open late. PS I filed a OCC complaint today as well.
 11th of May, 2011 by    -1 Votes
commerce bank was a great back until td bank came along they have turned a great bank to total crap with not grandfather in accounts and overdraft fees and the way the pay checks so you get more overdraft fee, and customer service in general stinks they say one thing and in the bank they tell you something different on line balances are not right and then you get a fees stay clear of this bank if you have an account close it and run
 19th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Here is one everyone misses. The Federal Government has told banks to become more profitable to avoid future problems. The only way banks can make mpre money is to charge the customers more. So they either charge us more and icnur our wrath or do not make more profit and incur the Federal Government's wrath.
 29th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Glad I read your complaint. Will NOT be approaching TD bank for any of my banking needs after reading all this stuff.
 7th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I've been having numerous problems with them charging me fees "out of the blue".
It makes sense, each year as reported on their official Income Statement (that is RIGHT on their website) you can see that income from service charges is increasing every year. It's really sad that they are profiting from make-believe services such as fees, they're essentially stealing our money.
2008 = $1, 237, 000, 000.00
2009 = $1, 507, 000, 000.00
2010 = $1, 651, 000, 000.00

Its really astonishing that they can pull off $1.6 BILLION collectively from all of their clients.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is banking, at its finest.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree