Fraud and scam!

Southport Rd
Indianapolis, Illinois
I'm going to say right away that I have never complained about a retailer before. I work for Walgreens and I know what it's like to be on the other end of retail. That said, I was still very upset with Target.

I've never had a problem with Target until I moved to Indianapolis about 6 months ago. The first minor problem was when the woman who waited on me in the dressing room was extremely rude. This happened numerous times with numerous different women. Then, I was shopping with my finance and he wanted to try something on, so I stayed halfway in the door way of the men's dressing room for him to show me his shirt. The lady very rudely told me that I could not be in the men's dressing room (which I wasn't) My finance even thought the lady was out of hand. After that, I made an large purchase (over $200 worth of stuff). $60 of that was used on a giftcard that we had received for Christmas. A couple of the items we purchased did not fit us properly so I decided to return them. The total of the return came to $80 and she told me she had to give $60 back on a giftcard and $20 back on my target credit card, which I use frequently. I was furious. I said 'Wait, I thought I spent way more than that. I'd like all of it to be put on my credit card. The total amount I spent was way more than $60. She said there was nothing she could do about it. So, there I was, with another $60 giftcard that I didn't need. I was fuming.

About 2 weeks later I received a 10% off card in the mail for being a Target visa cardholder. I decided to use both my giftcard and my 10% to buy groceries that we needed. (We never shop there for groceries because it's way overpriced but I thought it was worth it since I had the giftcard and 10% off) Of course when I get to checkout, the woman scanned my giftcard and the 10% off card and she said that the computer would not let me use both of them. I could only use one or the other. I was kind of ticked off by that but I decided to use my giftcard now and use my 10% card at a different time (it didn't expire for another 3 weeks)

At this point, I'm so fed up with Target that I don't want to shop there ever again but I decide to get groceries there because I still had my 10% off card. Of course, when I get to the checkout counter, the woman tells me that I already used the card and I could not use it again (It is only valid for one day of shopping) I was absolutely hot with anger. I told the woman the situation about how the other clerk had scanned it but it didn't actually go through. The woman said she could not do anything about it because I apparently already used it. Yet again, I was so upset. It only came down to saving about $6 but that's not the point. I feel like every time I go into that store I come out upset. It just really makes me mad because my finance and I registered at Target for our wedding and we are giving them lots of business that I don't care to give them at all. I'm extremely disappointed in Target.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

31st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Fiance-- stop spelling it as "finance'! The 10% card states that the purchase must be made with your Target credit card. That's a clue that you can't combine it with a gift card. The only valid part of your complaint is that last cashier would not try harder to help you get the 10% off when you went back with your 10% card.
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Target Visa is a complete scam, I have been trying to resolve a billing issue with Target for years now. IMHO never do business with Target stores.
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
If you have a problem with Target call the CEO

fax: 612-696-6325

Denise May
 16th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Good comments, also complain to the FTC.

13th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
Target store and its credit cards use scam collectors, such as Patenaude & Felix law firm. They will go to the sheriff, use any means to collect.

Target.com Logo Target.com