logo

SCBN
Prescription Advocacy
2. (0 mins ago)
KSRTC / Online Booking
Money debited twice from my account
3. (4 mins ago)

Straight Talk Cell Phone

Posted:    BeesWife

Poor customer service

Straight Talk
We purchased a Straight Talk phone from Wal-mart for our teenage son. The packaging leads you to believe that you get a free phone card with your purchase & when you realize that you DO NOT & contact their Customer Service dept., NOONE speaks English. The reps are like Robots & no matter what question you ask, the rep gives you the same freakin' answer. We called SEVERAL times over SEVERAL days before finally deciding to return the phone. Straight Talk SUCKS!!!
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2010 by   DUDE 123 0 Votes
I have to say that I bought it for 1 of my family members and never had a problem although I did not puchase it online! it is a downright good thing and I Love Strait Talk! and I dont care about punctuation AT ALL Never Have !!!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   BigJimZ28 0 Votes
Two things: if you attempt to port your current phone number to striaght talk you will wait for at least 2 weeks. The call center will tell you to keep calling back every 24 hours. The department that ports numbers is closed on weekends but they'll tell you to keep calling back. Now the worst problem; if you switched for the internet you will be disappointed. They will block all pictures, sounds, and videos. They are too worried about selling you wallpapers and ringtones that they don't want you to find anything free on the internet. The problem is you can't see any maps, pictures, or videos. When that captain from Deadlest Catch died, Captain Phil, I tried to see a picture of him to see which one he was and it blocked it. When lost I tried to look at a map and it blocked it. I am switching to Boost Moble. My son has had it for a few months without any issues.
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   BigJimZ28 0 Votes
They may speak english but they don't understand American expressions. They reply the same to everything you say. I am sorry you are having this difficulty today I will assist you to resolve this as quickly as possible. They say this over and over and OVER!
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Krystal Munoz 0 Votes
Someone stole my phone and I reported it to straight talk as stolen and they still let the person reactivate my stolen phone. When I called and told them he stoled my phone they would not deactivate it.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   cellular hell! 0 Votes
I have been trying to activate my phone since March 19th, and today is April 14th. I am completely disgusted with the customer service. They have told me for weeks that my phone is bring activated and that I need to call back in 24 hours when their system can update. I have called 15 times, and 13 times have reiterated the same personal information. I chose to have my number ported and it took 10 days, even though they assured me it would take no longer than 7. I am currently on my 15th phone call which is up to 1 hour 16 min, and I have already spent over 4 hours on the phone. Is this really worth it? I'm starting to think I'd rather pay a few extra bucks to spare myself a little sanity. All I want is to be able to go online and set up automatic payments. I am so mad. I can't take the phone back becuause I no longer have the reciept. I threw it out after my phone started working with straight talk. over 3 weeks later I call to set up automatic payments and they say that my phone was never activated. I've been using it for 3 weeks! Their customer service is absolutely useless! I'm calling the 800 number someone else provided above next, before I go "postal".
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   diggerdan 0 Votes
I too have a straight talk phone last three Months. I still havent been able to reach anyone from CS dept. By the time I get to calling around >6:00 pm, noonrs availablr.
It is now going on yjr 15th April and my phone is still out of service.

digger
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   a2zhi 0 Votes
Absoletly the worst customer service I have ever had in 50 years. It has been 10 days and still no phone servive. I transfered 4 phones numbers from Verizon, 3 went thru & the forth did not. Verizon did everything right and has been verified 4 times. Sraight talk customer service sucks, even when you call the 1-800-876 -5753 in america
 1st of May, 2010 by   PHONE SUCKS 0 Votes
WE PURCHASED A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE AT WAL-MART FOR OUR TEENAGE SON'S BIRTHDAY. AND TRIED TO ACTIVATE THE CARD AND WAS TOLD IT WAS ALREADY ACTIVATED AND WE COULDN'T USE IT TOOK IT BACK TO WAL-MART AND THEY SAID IT WAS NON-REFUNDABLE.I CAN'T BELIEVE WAL-MART WOULD HELP A COMPANY SCAM PEOPLE LIKE THIS I SPEND ABOUT 500.00A WEEK AT WAL-MART NO MORE STRAIGHT TALK YOU SUCK AND WAL-MART YOU SLEEP IN THE SAME BED WITH THEM.WHO GETS THE 45.00 DOLLARS WAL-MART OR STRAIGHT TALK ?IS TIMES SO HARD YOU HAVE TO RIP OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS?HOW SAD SAM WOULD TURN OVER IN HIS GRAVE HE WAS A GOOD MAN.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   Mike.Smith 0 Votes
I purchased a phone on May 1, 2010. I logged into their website to activate my phone. It said to call a number in five minutes. That never worked. Called support. No answer. Been on hold for 25 Minutes. I cannot (but maybe I should) believe Walmart would sell such crap.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   Hyruu 0 Votes
I purchased my phone this morning and activated and everything seemed fine tried to make that first call and it keeps telling there is no money in my account please add money. I have the unlimited plan so I have no idea I tried to get a hold of customer support for four hours and when I finally talked to someone he kept telling me he needed to talk to his supervisor and putting me on hold for 2-3 minutes about 20 times. He told me to call back in 24 hours and it should all be fixed. I supposedly have two numbers in my phone. Why can you just remove one then. Damn this really is the worst tech support and I am an IT guy and have spent upwards of 3000 hours on the phone with various companies and these guys make Dell look like saints.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   ChanteAnisha 0 Votes
STRAIGHT TALK RULES!!! my mom is paying 4 it so i really dont care what service i have. but it is much betterthan having 2 pay all tha bills n stuff bcuz my mom culd never get tha fone bill paid on time. all u gotta do is buy a simple card woth straight talk and ur done! but remember this: ALWAYS REFILL YOUR MINUTES ON TIME!!! IF YOU DONT DO THIS THEN YOUR WILL WILL BE DE-ACTIVATED AND WHEN YOU DO REFILL YOUR MINTUES U WILL HAVE 2 RE-ACTIVATE YOUR FONE AND U WILL GET A WHOLE NEW NUMBER. this happened with me bcuz my mom refused 2 refill my service unless i bring my grades up. but in the end, i prefer straight talk over all the other fone services, even tho i said i didnt care wat service i have.

oh yea, DUH U DONT GET A SERVICE CARD INCLUDED WITH YOUR FONE!! i knew that b4 i even got tha fone! i got my service card 4 christmas, then i bought the fone afterwards. i mean if u watch tha commercials and read the brochure they tell u all of that...NEXT TYME GET FACTS B4 ASSUMING!!
 4th of May, 2010 by   Nasey 0 Votes
I have been enjoying my straight talk phone since December. I bought my husband one for Christmas. I do agree with the hard to understand customer service rep though. However, I have a major problem. It started Sunday, my phone stopped working. I thought it was because I needed a new card. Well I purchased one Monday, i tried to get it activated through the automated system like usual. However, all circuits was continuously busy. I finally got through after holding on over an hour. They activated it, it worked for about 5 minutes. Then when I tried calling out a recording said "Thanks for calling Verison sorry we are unable to complete your call. It you want to speak to our CSR please hang up and call *611. Since then on matter how long you hold on no one ever pick up the call. Now I very unsatisfied with their service. I have been without service for about 2 days now. They have a recording saying, they are having technical difficulties.
 5th of May, 2010 by   jjfromsj 0 Votes
hope they get there stuff together will they give refunds because this is my 3rd day with no serivce come on straight talk get it together please!!!
 8th of May, 2010 by   SERIOUS83 0 Votes
This phone company is full of IT! I lost my phone and when I called to speak to them I couldn't understand a word they were saying! Then when I could understand someone, he told me all I had to do was buy a new phone and my minutes would roll over to the new phone. No such thing happened! I went and bought a new phone and when I called back to have my minutes put on my new phone, they told me I was not allowed to do such a thing. I had to go and buy a new phone card! Why should I have to buy a new phone card, when I already had 25 hours left on my lost phone. This lady tells me those minutes are gone and that I would have to buy a new phone card to use there service! I returned that phone and got my money back. And if anyone want the corporate number it is 1-800-876-5753. See if you can get better results there! DO NOT BUY ANY FROM THIS PHONE COMPANY! IT...IS...A...RIP...OFF!
 10th of May, 2010 by   Joelle 1225 0 Votes
I have been having severe issues with my new Straight Talk phone. They could not answer my questions, gave me the run around, hung up on me, and made me wait a combination of 2 hours to speak with represenatives ( which of course have a hard time with English), and they never got to the underlying problem. I want a damn reinbursement from this horrible company. They dont do the right thing. For a new company you would think that their Marketing stratagies, and customer service would be top notch to help them build their name. Some dynamic company they are going to be. UGH! I am so unhappy and have read that there are many more like me. The word needs to be spread. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! They will not help you, and when you ask for compensation you "the customer" have to call back within 24 hours ( they should be following up with you for a resolution plan) and you "the customer" must find out what they are going to do for you. Im going back to my other service provider. I'd also like to point out that they kept trying to blame Verizon for the technical issues. One the issue was that every time I went to make a call the phone had an operater come and and say I had no minutes, please keep in mind I bought a 30 day unlimited plan and have only had the phone 3 weeks, additionally they never got a legal contractual agreement to drop Verizon's name as their service provider. I think Verizon should know Straight Talk is blaming every problem they have on Verizon. What a disgrace. The company really needs to look at their strategy and figure out whats important to the company. Retention of your current clientelle is key, you need to leverage that inside track and get them to network for you. For example if they would have reolved my problem in a fair and just way I would be of course praising then, instead... look at me. Im with them three weeks and I already hate them, and I will continue to spread the word that they suck!. Why? Because they did not help me in any way and would not do anything to resolve a simple issue.
 10th of May, 2010 by   Jow -1 Votes
who pay to those broken English/ how much you pay them to give a good customer service / think beforeyou speack about some one/
 11th of May, 2010 by   BoilerBoy 0 Votes
After 5 days of getting "Wait 24 hrs for your port to to be completed", I finally came across this thread and called 1-800-876-5753 (tracphone number) instead of the straighttalk customer serv number. And they indeed fixed my issue in less than 10 mins. So thank you to "killroy" for posting the number. So the moral of the story is Straight Talk customer service is the least trained and don't even bother talking to them. Call Tracphone 1-800-876-5753 if you would like to be attended by professional people and served professionally.
 20th of May, 2010 by   aiiiiiiii -1 Votes
, bgbgbjjcvbv
 20th of May, 2010 by   aiiiiiiii 0 Votes
1st. TRACFONE NET10 NET10 UNLIMITED SAFELINK AND STRAIGHTTALK IS THE FUCKING SAME CUSTOMER CARE CENTER U FUCKERS!!
2nd. u purchase a phone that u dont even know how to use
3rd.web site doesnt even work! EVER! dont use it!
4th.RINGTONES they dont work either
5th.activate a phone is easey just listen to the rep and then wait 5 MIN and dial *22890 FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS phone will turn off and on automatically, teh first call u will make u will hear a voice promped FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND AT THE END U WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE PHONE CALLS
6th.be patient...if u think u could do better! why u have problems to follow the fucking instructions...the cccenter does not work in USA but they are more inteligent than U! they can deactivate the phone if they want 2...so be good with them...THEY HAVE THE TOOLS...dont u think thats the problem!? u think ure better than they and thats theyre revenge!
7th.u wont be able to use the phone in a different zip code just on the zip code that u activate the phone POINT!
8th.keep ure service active, if u dont refill ure account u will have a new number next time TERMS AND CONDITIONS FUCKERS
 21st of May, 2010 by   jimmy aycock 0 Votes
I was online . siter sent me a pin number to correct problem, my phone said it was blocked unless account owner(That, s me) un blocks it. I, ve never blocked a text message. Every attempt to talk to Tech has failed. I, m stuck with this piece of --------

2010 Year End Tax Tips