logo

ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (32 mins ago)
Devine Devons
Devon rex terminally ill kitty
4. (44 mins ago)
Gas Not Available

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Service Contract, Toronto, Ontario Complaints & Reviews - Maintenance Agreement

Sears Contacts & Informations

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: (416) 362-1711
searscanada.ca
I have a service contract with Sears for my Amana 22 u ft. Fridge. It was not cooling. I called Sears and they sent out a technician after a week. He said the heat exchanger needed cleaning and was surprised that Sears had not cleaned this during their annual maintenance visit. He said it would now cool better. It never did. I then discovered after a week that the ice maker was frozen solid and the rest of the fridge was warmer than usual. I called Sears and they sent another technician in a couple of days who said that the gas had leaked out as the heat exchanger was damaged possibly during the cleaning. He said to throw out the food as all was spoiled and Sears would cover up to $250.00 under the contract. I did so and gave him a form with the cost of replacement which totaled almost $350, 00. A week later I got a call from a lady called Alma who said they had rejected the claim. I told here that they had breached the agreement and that I would take the matter further. Then a day later, I got another call from Customer Service saying they would approve approximately $160.00. and they would send out a check. No payment was ever received and calls to Sears have been unanswered.
I contacted the new president, Dene Rogers by letter and still no reply. The bottom line is Sears does not honor their Maintenance Agreement. If anyone has suffered a similar situation with Sears, I would like to hear from them to file a class action suit against Sears.

Comments Canada Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Sears Service Contract complaints
Sears Service Contract - Rude, disrespectful and unpreparied

Comments

29th of Jul, 2009 by   Kidskin 0 Votes
I have experienced a problem with Sears in that they delivered a range to my home and the door was dented. Because I needed an oven I told them to leave it at my house as they had promised to replace it later. They have set 3 replacement dates and as yet they have delivered the replacement. They keep making lame excuses or lies about why they can't meet their commitment to me. They also claimed to have ordered a part for my dishwasher and I have never received the part. I currently have a complaint on file with Oregon State consumer production board. I don't know what they can do but at least they have been notified of Sears violation of the contract. Jim Allinson, Portland, Oregon
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   Roney Romero +1 Votes
They are Bloody AssHoles playing wid da peoples... Don't Ever use their Services.. Thanxx... Sears iz not a Good place 2 Purchase anything.. Plzz Avoid Them...
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   P Morris 0 Votes
I purchased a wall oven from Sears for a new home I was building. I stored it for 6 months before it was used and therefore one half of my 1 year warranty was up before I even used the oven. A few months into using it I noticed the bottom of the oven was buckling and hairline cracks appeared. I called the service department who sent an inspector who promptly ordered a new liner and placed a service order. As I work and do not have anyone at home during the week who could be there I requested a Saturday appointment.
When the Saturday came no one showed up or called for the time frame scheduled. I phoned the service department to find out what had happened as I had waited most of my day for them. They told me the appointment had been cancelled. No one phoned or communicated this to me in anyway. I was annoyed but rescheduled for the next available Saturday only to have the whole thing repeated again. The service people would not listen to my request for Saturday appointments and kept trying to schedule week days. For the third time this whole process repeated - not showing up no communication. The fourth time I talked to someone who told me my job required two people and I could not schedule a Saturday appointment because they do not send out two men to appointments on Saturdays. I replied that this was my only available day and that I expected two men to show up on the Saturday to repair it. No on showed up and no communication again. I had some time off after Christmas so I rescheduled again for a Monday this time. The truck showed up with ONE repairman. He was also not prepared for a wall oven as a table is required to set the oven on when it is pulled out. I supplied a table and ONE (not TWO as was told I would need) repairman fixed it. It turned out I also needed a new element and fan but good news only ONE repairman would be required for this job so Saturday appointments would be fine. I was also told when relaying my story to the technician as to all the unkept appointments that no one really wanted this job and that is why they were always rescheduled. I again scheduled yet another repair which was reschduled because the new element did not come in. When the element came in a new appointment was scheduled. When the repairman came he did not have the equipment(table) for the wall oven. It was not put in his truck and he said could not get one. He fixed the fan and also decided I likely needed a new sensor. Another appointment was made. The repairman came with all the equipment and the parts. He however was very rude. He moved my things on my granite counter and placed his tools on it. He removed all my pots and pans from my pot drawer. Not once did he ask if that was OK to do.And he had trouble putting everthing back together and had to move his table back and forth about four times before it was done correctly. Consequently my bamboo floors were damanged. I was told when someone came to check the damage that it was not from the repair but from my refidgerator being moved. I ahve not heard since regarding this.
Upon complaining by e-mail to customer service they have offered me $140.00 for my troubles. I asked for $400 and a two year extended service contract free. My counter offer from them for which I am told is the last was $175.00 and a one year extented service contract. I am willing to settle for $300 and the one year contract. They have refused. They will not replace the oven. I wasted countless hours and now I have not a new oven for which I paid but a rebuilt one.

I have purchased many applicances from Sears because they used to be fair but no more. This will be the last item I purchase from Sears that I cannot physically return.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   rbnnguyen@yahoo.com 0 Votes
i have service contract with sears for my dryer, my wife call for make appointment to repair on april 25 - 2011, april 26-2011 then they send a stupid guy come over with vaccum, he not event know what to do, he told my wife he not a technician then he left, my wife really disappoint about your service suck, my wife call again they said get short technician they will come on may 02 2011 the morning from 8:00 am to noon, then my wife don`t see they come, she call them again they said will come on may 09 -2011 morning to noon we will give you the last change this time
Robin or Julie Keating tel : 818-507-5002
 3rd of May, 2011 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
I’m so very sorry that you’ve had these problems with your dryer. You should not have encountered such long delays in getting service out to you. Delays in service can certainly be frustrating and we would like to assist in resolving your concerns.
My name is Misty with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated customer concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can make sure all your appliances are working as soon as possible. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 3rd of May, 2011 by   ahmad2011 0 Votes
hi, i have seen the message about NOKIA PROMO UK, on my telephone numner is: 0096171420493 for claims, price about 650.000 pound, i saw this message yesterday, and EMAIL: nokiaworld10@live.com, and i saw this number 447024096064
 20th of Jun, 2011 by   khkokopelli 0 Votes
After Sears took nearly 5 months, over 8 different parts and 6 appointments just to say the wrong parts had arrived at my home a technician finally comes to my home and fixed my washing machine. Now on to my tele. I purchased a Sony rear projection tv in 2007 from Sears and included a service contract which has since been renewed.

Sears was contacted a few months into the service contact because the lamp ($600.00) had burned out and needed a replacment this was handled with only one trip by a service tech. This repeated three more times in the life of the original service contract- three years. Less than 6 months later the tele goes again this time it is the light engine which the tech promptly ordered after my three week waiting period for him to come I wait three more weeks for the part to arrive. As luck would have it I renewed and within in two months the tele goes again. This time I received a lamp in the mail and was told to replace it myself or wait three weeks for a tech. Now on to this week. This same tele has gone now again. This time it is more than just a lamp. I called Sears only to be scheduled for three weeks from now. I guess there are no loaners from Sears so I sit and wait. Wait for over three weeks just to see a tech just as they had done in the past. Then comes more waiting as the tech must order parts and if he gets tht wrong I wait another more than three week period for the parts to arrive. Sears Service was once the most respected in the biz but now they just suck at every turn and we as consumers have nothing to fall back on but three more weeks waiting for a part or tech.

So after waiting approximately 7 months of waiting for a tech and over $6000.00 in parts yes thats right 6 large was nedeed to repair this dog of a tele I have not gotten it fixed yet. Oh and one luck thing for Sears in 2009 they changed the rules for when they will replace. Three service calls in a 6 month period is now required for replacment instead of 3 service calls period.
Sears Service Still Sucking for over 100 years!
 26th of Oct, 2012 by   Janet Suykens 0 Votes
Janet Suykens:: Sears is NOT customer minded. I had NOT shopped at sears for 11 years. ( Why, you ask... answer; their attitude, which has not changed). Our $2, 500.oo fridge arrived this morning and the entrance to the kitchen was too small, unless all parts were removed from the fridge. The delivery persons removed all the part that they could: doors and drawers ) but were not authorized to remove that part that protrudes at the back that contains (hard wired) electrical wires. The service dept. said they could not send anyone until Tuesday. And as to the salesman who sold us the fridge, he got his commission and therefore NOT bloody well interested. I did not like him or his lying about the compressor, while pushing the extra warranty. ( Guess he gets a piece of that action, too. HUH) ! Yes Dennis, I mean YOU !!! As far as I am concerned you did NOT earn your fat commission !!! Meanwhile A stripped fridge and fridge parts are strewn over the living room ( doors, drawers. trays, etc ). while our old fridge, that we are forced to use until Tuesday is down 7 steps from the kitchen, and across the foyer, through the doorway into the garage. ( garage; last picture below) I WILL N E V E R SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN. !!! We also had to cancel dinner here with friends. Shame on you Sears, treating 2 senior citizens with health problems, (one with heart problems and lung problems) this way.
 26th of Oct, 2012 by   Janet Suykens 0 Votes
:( :( :( :( :( Photos below shows stripped fridge and parts strewn over living room. This is Friday and cant get service until Tuesday.

Fight Against Healthcare Insurance Fraud