Santander Consumer USA

Posted: 2013-01-19 by

Join in on the class action lawsuit

North Carolina
Join in on the class action lawsuit against santander consumer us!!! It will put a stop to this madness and unfair charges that they are charging people due to taking over a loan from hsbc, citifinancial auto, etc. Santander charged me interest on deferred payments that i had with cifinancial before they accured the loan. They will not show me documented charged and the amount that they charged me, they just told me i owe an addtional $6, 000 after my loan is payoff on 5 / 13 / 2013. This is unfair to many americans today. We seriously need to put a stop to this company!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful?

Santander Consumer Usa - Missing carpayment Illegal Practices and Harrassment

Auto loan from Citi fin. Auto taken over by Santander Com. USA . I wast 2 days late with payment (August).
They are saying payment was never sent. But statments from Bank shows that payment was taken out of account. Payment was stolen?
 14th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
File a complaint with the FTC( Federal trade commission) I had a very similar thing happen to me, they called me and wanted my social security number and bank number for a person that had kids yelling and dogs barking in the back ground..they have had many many complaints of identify theft filed against them. Please report them it is the only way to get these scumbags stopped.
 14th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hey maybe we should all get together and file a class action suit aganist Citi Finicial for giving away our information to the.?
 15th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
If you can prove that Santander cashed the check, then fax a copy of the front and back of the check to them. Id make sure a manager looks at it becuase frankly their employees are woefully underpaid, treated like dirt, and therefore treat their customers accordingly. They should credit your payment in a reasonable timeframe. If not, I would agree that an FTC complaint and maybe evenan occ complaint is in the offing. If they did not cash it, then go to the police because someone stole your payment!
 21st of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Santander Consumer Usa - Unauthorized processing fee
Santander Consumer USA

A collector called me and ask me for a payment. I made a payment with out being told about a processing fee. A processing fee was taking out of my account with out my permission. Talk to customer servcie and manager and nothing was done about it.
 11th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes

Santander Consumer Usa - death notice

my husband died october 29 2010, and as his spouse I elected to pay his debt in full to Santander. A customer service rep called me and tried to give me a verbal quote over the phone of how much he owed and ofcourse I told her to send me the amount by mail so I could allow my Attorney to view the quote and pay them off.
Did I offend them by this or is this company untrustworthy?
tell me what you think?
 11th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
You have every right to receive your information in writing. I am severely hearing impaired and I ask all the time. Never have been refused. Keep tabs on Santander. They took the accounts from CitiAutoFinancial. I had to tell them not to call me until 9 am. They called from Colorado and I'm in California. I've managed to pay my car payment for the last 2 years while on unemployment, Citi harrassed me with calls almost everyday, left messages all day.
Now looking for work and don't need my phone tied up, could be a job offer. In this economy they need new ways and more grace to handle this. Citi got bailed out in the first and second Stimulus!
 24th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Santander Consumer Usa - Never posting my payments
Santander consumer usa

Have been forced to pay my monthly payment for month of February 3 times now because no one listens or cares about my auto loan payments. I am growing increasingly weary of giving my money to this company because I know somehow the money for my payment is being stolen by their "employees".
 24th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Personally, I think they know they are receiving your money. but they are lower than snake shit and are truly conartists. It's best to get an attornery when dealing with these lowlifes bastards.
 4th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Since I have an account with the bank Santander Consumer, I've been paying surcharges. It's amazing that even to pay your page have to pay a cost of 11 dollars. For each day of delay in paying a surcharge in the month. My monthly fee is 288 dollars and I paid a month late $ 260 more. I think we should do something against the policies of this entity.
 17th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Santander Consumer Usa - wrong information
santander consumer usa

This company has been calling and sending letters and a repo man for a car we have never owned. We contacted their customer service to try and get it straightened out and got the name of the car dealership where the car supposedly came from and the car dealership is out of business. We now have no idea where to go from here to get this straightened out.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Santander Consumer Usa - payment
Santander consumer usa
Phone: 2145402035

I sunt my truck payment. I was told that it wasn't ever received. I sunt them a copy of my money order. The payment has not been credited to my account yet. It's been 3 weeks dealing with matter. I call to resolve the issue serval times. Nothing has been done about my payment. My money.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
If you pay by mail, always send these assholes certifed -return receipt. They will screw you because they are conartists
 28th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
You need to contact an attorney. They are a very hard company to deal with on your own. I had to contact my attorney to deal with them regarding wrong info on my credit report. They refused to delete the info even though they had no record of my having a balance with them. I have been a member of PrePaid Legal services for 12 yrs so I didn't have to pay for the attorney it was included in my monthly fee. I got my membership through B. Dixon. HTH!!!
 17th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
They called again this morning and left a message saying "We're trying to work with you. I don't know why you won't return our calls. I guess that's your choice." We have called them at least half a dozen times to explain that they have the wrong person. The date of birth and social security number do not match and we have never owned the car they are talking about. We had other calls from credit card collection agencies and after talking to them for 2 minutes they realize they have the wrong info and never call again. I don't know what the deal is with these people! Does anyone know how to fix this? I think it's some kind of error in a database somewhere.
 24th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I agree they are getting over on everone.
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
How can I get information on this lawsuit? This company has been preying on my Grandmother for years now. I have had suspicions about them for along time now but after recent health problems I have been responsible for her checkbooks and bill payments and have come to realize she is being ripped off by this company and I feel this company needs to be shut down and the thousands of Americans out there that they have been over charging need to be reimbursed. This crooked company needs to be STOPPED!
 19th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
My loan was bought out by santander w/out my knowledge or consent!!! the interest that they keep charging on my account, I will not be able to pay it off on the maturity date! my payments are not late. I called for a pay off quote, 03/14/2013 was told that it was good until march 28. In the meantime I had already put my march payment in the mail. when I called to get the pay off amount on 03/19/2013, I was told that it was 3002.93. They received my payment and had applied it on the 16th of march! and was told that it was good until'(3308.93) pay off amount was good until March 28th. if you subtract 309.13 from 3308.19 the total of 3002.93 is wrong. Tried to call and talk to them telling them that I was told that ballance (3308.19) was good until march 28. But since I had made a payment that changed everything and more interest had been added!!! Help close this way of bussines down!!!
 30th of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
i had a deferred payment once, but dont know how they come up with this high interest and charges, i now owe twice of what the vehicle is worth and i keep getting callls before payment is due, fixing to let them have car and do what they want to with it im tired of being ripped off
 10th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hello, I am having the same issues. I have contacted consumers affairs and seeking legal assistance. I have paid to much for this car and ready to be done with them. My car pay off date was March 2013, now they are saying I owe 2000 for payments behind, that was not true and got a call Monday stating I owe 14000.00 three more years. Oh No!!! that would be a total of 39000.00 payoff.. No one pays for a vehicle for 8years.

Contact Us