logo

Posted: 2011-10-25 by

Charging wrong payoff amount

Santander Consumer
Georgia
I recently received a letter from Santander stating that my vehicle loan maturity date was 11/25/2011. And that I owe 7635.17. I contantacted them to find out why I owed so much on my loan and I was just told it was late charges and interest. That they were going to email me a paper to fill out an d send back to them to extend my loan. First i told them that I did not want to fill out anything off of an email because I was a victim of identity theft. As a matter of fact my identity theft was 2 years ago when Santander took over my loan and has the same Fort Worth Texas Addy as the person who took my identity and tried to take my tax refund. Anyway I have since waited 2 weeks for these so called emails to take to a attorney and never received them. Then today I got a bill in the mail stating I owe a payment of 225.00 and that I have made 70 out of 72 payments and my balance is 7610.39. Which is a little lower than the first letter. I called them back and told them I didn't understand why I owe so much. I was told I have had 19 late payments and they were all applied to interest. INTEREST?? I said nothing went on principle and I was to.d no. First off my husband is off with his 2nd shoulder surgery in a year and a half. Most of the payments were paid by the disability insurance we bought with the truck. ( Which we were told by Santander we did not have and we did.) They told me at that time apparently we can't make the payments so they were coming to get the truck and I told them they weren't coming and getting anything that the insurance would be making the payment when its due. Anyway we cannot help how disability pays and should not have to pay such high interest or late charges. They should not be allowed to get away with this AT ALL. This is why AMERICA is in the shape that it is in because of crooked people like them... Please Help all of us that have been affected by them..
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arrowhead Roofing
Their services are awful and not recommended
2. (7 mins ago)
Honolulu Towing Inc
Rude rep and they stole some stuff from me
3. (8 mins ago)
www.betterfx.co.uk
They haven’t provided any precise info about the exchange rate
4. (15 mins ago)