Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Samsung - Poor Customer Care

samsung
Saudi Arabia
Hi Sir/Madam,

I am Karthick, I am an Indian, currently staying in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile from an electronic shop(Jarir) here in Riyadh.
I’ve bought it under one year national warranty and used it for just two days, and suddenly I found an issue with the camera of the mobile(Kindly read the below mail for more info of the problem), hence I took it to the Shop, but the shop refused to replace the mobile and asked me to contact the Samsung Service Center. I went to the service center and explained the problem, they promised me that I will get a new mobile or full refund of money within a week, hence I registered the issue and waited for one week. After a week I went to the Samsung service center, they told it will take one more week, hence I patiently waited for one more week. Even after two weeks they didn’t even call me once regarding my phone, I had to go to the service center myself for inquiries.
At last they gave me a DOA certificate to get a new mobile, and they also gave me a mobile number and asked me to call that number and get the address of the replacement office, me too agreed and called the number given by the service center executives, one guy picked the call and spoke in Arabic, I couldn’t understand what he said, and then he didn’t even pick the phone once. Any how I took a taxi and went to that area and tried my best to find the shop but I couldn’t find the shop. I called back the Samsung service center people, but nobody picked my call. Already it was noon hence I called my office told them to consider half day leave. With lot of frustration I went to office that day. The next day morning I went to the Samsung service center and explained what happened the previous day, I was surprised that nobody reacted for my concerns. Still with lot of patient I asked for the actual address of the Mobile Replacement office, this time they gave me some landmarks (Shame on them still they don’t know the exact address of their replacement center), hence I confirmed the address and took a taxi again and went to that area and somehow I found that office.
I entered that office and showed the Replacement letter, but the people there said they are not replacing mobiles anymore and asked me to check with the Samsung service center. I called the service center people from there, they said, they have to get a special approval from their manager to proceed further, and they told me that they will contact me in another two hours. As usual they didn’t called me, hence I had to call them back. The guy told they need one more day to process the request. Still I kept silent. After few minutes I got a call from an unknown number and a man spoke to me and told he was the Manager and he told me to come after two days to collect my new mobile.

Lessons Learned
I didn’t thought Samsung would be such rude to their customers.
I will never ever buy a Samsung product in my life time (Even if they offer it for free).
I learned a good lesson, and I am warning people, When you purchase costly electronics, please check your precious products before getting out of the shops.
Else you will face the above difficulties.

My Loses
I’ve spent Rs2000 INR extra for running behind the service center people, even now I don’t have my mobile with me.
Gained a bad name from my company for not concentrating on my work properly.
Last but not least, I am mentally sick because of this atrocious attitude of Samsung executives.

Sorry I don’t know whom to complain regarding this issue, hence I am sending this mail to all the consumer commission authorities, expecting at least one of the above council will to respond to my request

Else, Can you please forward this mail to the concerned department and do me the needful.

Karthick

From: karthick k
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 3:14 AM
Subject: FW: SAMSUNG Galaxy SII Red Tint Issue in Camera

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Karthick from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Just four days back I bought my Samsung Galaxy S II.
I used it for just two days and the phone was really awesome. But unfortunately I found an issue in the camera of the phone.

Issue Description:
When I tried to take a photo or a video in low sunlight or inside a room without artificial lights or camera flash, I found a RED PATCH in all the photos and videos.
This problem doesn’t appear in bright sunlight or if there is any artificial light is on, it appears only when I take a photo or a video in the above scenario.
But sometimes even with FLASH on I am getting the RED patch in the photos and videos.

Request for Replacement:
I surfed the internet and found few of the users have the same issue and they have replaced their handset.
Hence I went to my retailer here in Riyadh and explained the issue and requested for a replacement, but the retailer asked me to get a letter from a nearby Samsung service center as a proof to replace the handset.
I went to the nearby Samsung Service center and explained my situation, they said they can’t decide the issue, hence they want to send the phone and the issue description to SAMSUNG Korea to make sure whether it is a faulty handset or not. I have launched a complaint in the service center and I have attached all my invoice details with my phone for your perusal.

Note : The phone is just 4 days old, hence kindly take care of my phone, and hope I will get my replacement very soon.

Here by I’ve attached my Phone and Other Details.

Model Name : SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT9100
Serial. No/IMEI.No : *358537/04/304506/0*
In the Complaint Sheet the Serial. No appears as : 58537043045060
Date of Purchase : 04-August-2011
Date of Complaint : 08-August-2011

For more Information on the issue, kindly visit the below links from www.Youtube.com

You can also search for “galaxy s2 camera issue” in www.youtube.com for more videos stating the issue.

Thank you for your Understanding.

Karthick
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Saudi Arabia Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just paid $23.57 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy.
Here is the website we use to get it all from : BidsBit.com
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
HI there Karthick, actually Ive been waiting for S2 since 3 months let us say Im doing heavy review and lots of research about this device and today I almost got one but unfortunately I was late for the Jarir promo (November issue) which includes SR 200 gift check, car charger & mobile case for SR 2399. I just came home and said the offer was done so still waiting for the next one. So I went to another shop (local market) and the price is SR 1900, everything's the same from Jarir except the warranty. Warranty say's I have 12 months warranty with the same shop, any problem they will repair it or replace it. I've bought lots of mobile on that same shop so far no problem yet. But forGalaxy S2, the only problem (you can find it all over the net) is the camera, you're rigt the red part on the camera. To solve this (base from the users) is to upgrade your OS from 2.2.3 into 2..2.4 or 2.2.5 and all issue will be perfectly solve including latest features. On the other hand, Samsung will release Android 4.0 next year, you may get this by upgrading your OS online thru your mobile.

You mentioned you got your new mobile from Samsung as replacement, did you had the same problem since then? Did you try upgrading your OS as mentioned in the net? What can you advice in buying this? I'm about to buy anytime soon and cant help mysel on asking people about this mobile. Can you help me? Buy it from Jarir or from the local market instead?

By the way, here in Jeddah there's a well known place for mobile shop it's the biggest mobile shops in KSA (if I'm not wrong) because you'll see tons of mobiles in a long street. I'm only saying that these shops are not what you think you can find it from any places.

Thanks and cheers!

RD
Jeddah, KSA
 1st of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Dont buy here in saudi arabia. WARRANTY HERE IS NOT WORKING.. i got the same issue and NO BODY CARES FOR MY COMPLAINTS. better buy a lot of bullet and put it on the head of those managers. Yah! they do not care coz they arent even working for their salary.
 16th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S2 - lost my mobile
vtu
ghufran0836@gmail.com

I have lost my Samsung galaxy s2 before one month in railway station gaya Bihar
The details of my mobile:
Model : SAMSUNG 9100
IMEI NUMBER: 352944056958591
purchase date: 17 June 2012
Purchage place: tumkur (karnatka)
 25th of Sep, 2012 by    +2 Votes
I think brother has same issue like me but only difference is i have problem with my new laptop. One month gone still waiting, everytime i m calling they didnt pick fone. when i go there they teliing next week. i dont know when this week will come. i also dont have much time to visit it regularly.
if u have consumer court contact, please mail me on sajaad.wani@gmail.com.
 31st of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Sir Im Rajashekharan Pillai from Riyadh (KSA) I have Purchased Four Pcs of Galaxy Mobile Sets 2pc S2 & 2pc S3 Within 2 Months from Your Lulu Mart in Rabwa Out of That One S3 was Purchased on 08/12/12 and i Used it merely for 10 days and The Display has Struck and not Visible and i have taken it to the Lulu Mart & Informed them the matter and they told they will be sending it to the Olaya br & Will Be returned after 20 Days But after One week i got a call from them that the Display is Damaged & it Doesn't Cover the Warranty & This is Not Mentioned any where in ur Warranty Card and When this Gadget was Given to the Rabwa Br Y didn't they Inform this & When the Olaya service Center Received this Item Why did they keep it With them for 8 Days to Inform this Matter, I would Like to Request u as a Customer i need a Replacement for my Set or Replace the Display, Pls Hope U Would Stand for Customer Satisfaction, Hope i Would get a Quick Response
 31st of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Rajashekharan Pillai From Riyadh (KSA) Very Bad Customer Service for Samsung Gadgets Pls Look into this Matter Immediately or U may Loose the Market ...Rsp
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
i buy Samsung Galaxy S2 two month ago, phone is auto power off always, after i submit the phone riyad olaya customer service they repair and return the phone but problem remain so i submit 2nd time, and 3rd time still i m facing same problem i don't know what kind of customer service and very bad technical support ... t
 24th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Theft
Sona Networks
India

i had a theft of my mobile on 17/2/2013 at JBS Secunderabadwith this imei number 359021042363781 .. can u please help me out to get my mobile back
 10th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S2 - plz remove this ad
Anonymous
India

i want to remove ad for my cell phone ad from olx.in ...
my friends have made a fun .

my mobile no. that are +91-9810989137 ... to please
kindly remove my ad or remove my mobile no. from the
ad ... thnx ... :)
 30th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy S2 - LOST MY PHONE
SAMSUNG
Saudi Arabia

SIR;
MY MOBILE PHONE WAS LOST BEFORE ONE MONTH.CAN YOU PLEASE SEARCH MY PHONE, AND RETURN TO ME .

SAMSUNG Logo SAMSUNG