logo

GWM South Africa
Poor after sales service
2. (17 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
3. (25 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (27 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER
5. (30 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Safelink Wireless

Posted:    JanK86

Scam

Safelink Wireless
I got a new safelink phone it has been reactivated with the same phone number but I am unable to retrieve my pending minutes even after they supposively reprogramed my phone I did not sign up for this I am sick and tired of every single company I sign up for giving me problems I call and call and call and the operator keeps putting me on hold this is getting me nowhere I need your help in retrieving my pending minutes I donot know where else to turn to for help I am very pissed about all of this.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2010 by   Sandybaby83 0 Votes
I have a safelink cell phone as well, To make sure you get your minutes each month the phone has to be on to receive the minutes, if the phone is off you will not get them. However I always receive a text message from safelink ( even when I do get my minutes ) that if you did not receive your monthly minutes please text 55555 to the sender of the text message and you will receive your minutes. I have never had to do this because I have always received my minutes on time, also I would like to let you know my friend told me if you do this text message minutes retrieval thing a couple days before the first of the month you will get your minutes early. I think she said, "it couldnt be any earlier then a day or two before the 1st" I have not personally tried this but she has many times and has gotten her minutes early each time she did this. Have you ever received one of these text messages that says if you did not receive your minutes pleas text 55555 ext ext ?????
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   susa1 0 Votes
did not receive minutes for the month of april. when I called the customer service center they claimed they sent 68 free minutes on march 30th for the month of april. Hence, my complaint, i never received anything in april or march. they said they couldn't do anything for april because i got them in march. they broke their own contract then . i have never received any minutes other than the 68 i got when the phone arrived. complete rip off. definately a goverment sponsered program!!!
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   Latoya! -1 Votes
hey u got a phone for free! u dont pay anithyng and u still calim for something that is for free!¡ PLEASE!
 20th of Sep, 2010 by   Kath. +1 Votes
THIS "SAFELINK" IS A FRAUD!! MY PHONE ONLY WORKS WHEN SOMEONE CALLS ME -- OUTSIDE OF MY HOME I GET "RESTRICTION 34"!!

AFTER HOURS WITH IGNORANT, NASTY "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" WHO ASKED ME OVER AND OVER THE SAME QUESTIONS THEY SAY THAT "MY PHONE IS WORKING"!! YES, PHONE IS WORKING BUT SERVICE IS RESTRICTED OUTSIDE OF MY HOME!!

THEY ALSO SUGGEST TO GO TO THE LOCATIONS WHERE I AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE A CALL AND... AND CALL THEM!! HOW?? WITH WHAT???

WHAT GOOD IS A "SAFE" SERVICE WHEN YOU CAN'T USE IT WHEN YOU NEED IT????

IT'S JUST GOOD FOR TRACFONE TO GET OUR TAX MONEY TO MAKE TRACFONE RICHER!! FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!!!
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   StoopidMonkey -3 Votes
How are you going to complain about something you got free. Whats next, you going to get pissed off cause Taco Bell won't take your foodstamps. Get a job and get you a Metro or Boost or whatever like all the other less fortunate. I bet you spend 10 bucks a week on Newports and Old English. Thats your cell phone payment right there.
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   Saintlou -2 Votes
Having trouble with your free phone? Thats terible. Send me your information right away and I will send you money so you can make all your problems go away. I just want to help make your life easier. You believe me don't you?
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   DragomRI -1 Votes
1st of all, how come immigrants that arent citizens immediately are given service under the safelink program? There is no one you can call, I tried everywhere including, but not limited to, fcc, safelink, lifeline, state gov't, safelink corporate office, etc. Nobody gives a hoot what you say to them. They are charging the US govt for minutes that they dont give you. In my case, I keep reapplying for a safelink phone for a year, but it never arrives and each and every call to them gets me, "We have no info on you, no record of application", despite the fact that after 8x of mailing them apps, I then sent 6 more via certified mail that gave me a green card returned to me signed by them. I have also read thousands of complaints about the safelink program, so the fact that it is free doesn't make it a good program. If you can afford it, better to go buy a cheap service, they have them out there for as low as 15.00. Safelink is an abuse of gov't spending because safelink takes the money and provides no or very poor service, And the phones that they give you for free are the rejects that had issues and needed repair (they send free phones that have been refurbished). What? Did you think a free service would give you a decent phone or very good service?
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   DragomRI 0 Votes
Although you cannot recieve calls, if you sign up for a gmail account, there within is a free phone that lets you call anywhere in us free. You have internet, cuz you posted, try the phone on gmail. certainly all your outgoing calls will go thru and no drops or anything.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   ACLU Rep 0 Votes
The following is a copy of an email that i feel you all wil like to know about. I checked the court and it is all true. So see, all the complaints DOES work, no one should have cel phone service at others' expense and hopefully this lawsuit will hurt them in the pocket! The email was sent to the fcc chairman and tracphone and safelink.

"It pleases me greatly to inform you that @ 9:00 am on this date, November 30, 2010, with the assistance of the American Civil Liberty Union, a massive lawsuit was filed and accepted by the clerk of the U.S. District Court for the 1st Judicial District.

The lawsuit, which describes a class action litigation naming F.J. Pallack & Tracphone Corp, et-als, as defendants is the result of over 1000 complainants gleaned from various indices in offices of the Better Business Burea, various complaint boards and personal dispositions taken from individuals with unresolved issues created by Tracphone, Straighttalk/Lifeline and the Safelink Program.

With the lawsuit, a petition seeking an injunction preventing you from collecting monies from any customers and from the Gov't was filed. The injunction will prevent you from making any money for at least 30 working days and possibly much longer until such time that you show cause to the US Magistrate that said injunction is frivolous and have grounds to dismiss it.

In light of the fact that one of, but not limited to, the allegations include abuse of Gov't funds, e.g. charging the Gov't monies for specific airtimes and not giving the customers said specific airtimes, I can assure you that it will take a very long time for the Court to obtain all records and sift through each and every one of them. This will further be a hindrance upon your ability to obtain any more monies.

Furthermore, Senator Jack Reed has taken a copy of this litigation and has promised to not only support it but to elicit the support/ears of President Obama as well.

Believing yourself to be an entity that is infallible and/or untouchable will be the cause of your downfall. I jest not and speak only the truth for what is right and just. Thank God for truth! Thank God for Senator Reed! Thank God for the US District Court!

Remember my name, it will taste like excretement in your mouths. For the whole year that you played with my time, monies, expectations..."
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   YourMomma22 -1 Votes
To the supposed lawsuit who gives a dam i dont care if i was promised 168 min and received only 10 its free so wtf is everyone bitching about. Thats why you cant help people in this world everything is give me give me and if the taker isn't happy they bitch sad world if thats the case i hope foodstamps SSI and other benefits get pulled cause im tired of seeing fucking couples living together and putting different addresses to keep receiving our fucking tax dollars very pissy and i hope that the government cracks down on these scum. SSI Foodstamps should be for the actual needy not some latina girl and her 6 kids cause she couldnt keep her legs closed. We recently went to the EBT office and saw bitches wearing brand new Up's pushing 5 babies in a cart with a LV handbag no bullshit and getting her benefits, giving the lady at the window an attitude hell has a special place for you fucking scum of the earth. Tired of seeing "broke niggas" living better then actual employed niggas it's fucked up oh you need Goverment Health care no problem Joe SHMO here you go. Oh wait your employed mmm im sorry your doctor visit must be paid in cash! fucked up world
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   jonh doe +1 Votes
please all you losers on here dissing others, why are you here morons, hmmm, is it cuz you also have a FREE phone, im sure your collecting foodstamps to, cuz if you didnt need a free phone you wouldnt be here go eat a fat dick, .im also complaining about not recieving my monthly minutes, the last 2 months i have entered the promo code of 555 and it keeps telling me that the system is unavailable, try again later, i upgraded from the 80 minutes plan to the 250 mins, plan.i had them send me the new lg phone and they gave me a new number, since then i dont get my mins when i need them, by the way all you low life shit eating pricks who come here to diss people in need go fuk your momma and get a life fuck face enough said you imbisal!!!
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Godhelpuwhothinkswedonotdeserve 0 Votes
The phone is a complete rip off to the government-it charges for calls and texts that never went through..it is inconsistent in the amount of time it deducts for texts-some 30 seconds some 1 minute some 4 minutes and takes minutes for very strange texts that come through with no info whatsoever. FOR ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING THAT WE SHOULD NOT GET A FREE PHONE AT ALL--I am sure you are and never have been without and have the heart of a devil to think that disabled or those of us who lost our homes to NO FAULT OF OUR OWN AND WORKED HARD ALL OUR LIFE should just die AS SHOULD OUR KIDS--i bet you sit in the front pew at church if you go at all. I WORKED HARD ALL MY LIFE UNTIL SOME IDIOT (PROBABLY LIKE YOU) SLAMMED ME HEAD ON INTO A BRICK WALL AND TORE MY WORLD APART. You got a lot of nerve while you probably cheat on taxes and worse--you must be miserable to think I should not be given 250 whole minutes--which is not even enough to deal with my doctors and such as it is. God will punish you for your greed and mean spirit toward those less fortunate. I pity you and god bless you-you will need it.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   Godhelpuwhothinkswedonotdeserve 0 Votes
to YOUR MOMMA 22 you really are sick. Of course there are people who have kids just to get more money while they have all kinds from other sources and scam the system--but do you really have that much hate for your fellow human being that no one should be helped--go to church sometime and try to quit feeling sorry for yourself you big cry baby. you cannot even type without a filfthy disgusting mouth which projects the rest of you--filfthy and disgusting. i sure see you were at the welfare office so i guess you are the only good one worthy. your sick and pathetic and IF THIS WAS SUPPORTED BY TAXES I have paid more than you ever will in your life
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   jerryjc 0 Votes
im tryin to get a phone but in the aplication says that my address is not valid what can i do email me please gerardocolon49@yahoo.com
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Godhelpuwhothinkswedonotdeserve +1 Votes
To MS1981--you obviously have a very low IQ--are homophobic/cyber bully or either afraid to come out of the closet--do you know any words other than swearing--god bless you you sure need it--maybe god and some anger management and come out of the closet with you sexuality--it will make you feel better--i wish you nothing but the best u need to take a long hard look at yourself
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   UndeterminedHuman 0 Votes
Reading all these comments kind of give me a feeling of disgust towards the human nature of today's generation... People are people and I'll give you that, but the fact of the matter is that you are all judging each other and their certain ways of living. If someone wants to have a phone that is paid through the government and tax payer's money, so fucking be it. Why must you label a human being just because that was their decision? Not to burst your bubble, but I am pretty sure you can't clarify your opinion to be true just because they have a phone that is paid for in a different way. You never know what that individual is going through... It's not like the money is coming directly out of your pocket, so I don't know why some must be so defensive on the subject. If you have such a problem with this, why don't you get a sign and go protest? This is real life and here is the thing about it: NOT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO GET A JOB AND OTHERS AREN'T CAPABLE OF FINDING ONE. The economy is like a rollercoaster; It has its ups and it has its downs... So instead of sitting in front of a computer bitching and ranting with comments that contain your cynical thoughts, while stereotyping the lives of people YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, why don't you find it in your heart that things can be struggle. Until then, stop enhancing your flaws on this forum. Good day.
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   cantkillmetoday +1 Votes
I've had my Safelink phone since Sept 2011. Then March 16, 2012, my phone stop receiving calls, not really sure why. So I called tech support and they told me that I called in on March 5 about the phone. I'm like, um...no. This is the first time calling so the operator ran all these different test and said that there was something wrong with sim card, so they sent me out a new sim card. Cool, so I thought. New sim card arrives and I called to activate the new card. The new operator claims that I called in on March 5. Same thing again, not I didn't. She said, well someone did and we sent out a new phone. so she tried to verify my account then says "Oh I see, we sent it to your home in NC." Ma'am, I live in PA. I've never even in NC. They cannot activate a stolen phone. I'm like you guys are idiots. I've still holding the same phone that I had in Sept 2011. So you need to send me a new phone if you screwed up. so after a few hours on hold arguing with her, her supervisor, and her supervisor's supervisor, i finally get a new number to call. I called that number and it was enrollment. -___- I don't need enrollment. So I called tech again after the nice guy in enrollment put about 10 pages of notes. The new operator get his supervisor (because I refused to talk to anyone else) and the supervisor fixed the problem by simply giving me a new number on the new sim card. OMG, it shouldn't take me 5 hours to fix something that shouldn't have been broken in the first place. This is definitely a government program because they love to screw with the poor people. Sorry, I'm not going to die of stress today, maybe next time. :)
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   america for americans 0 Votes
safelink is a criminal front for identity thieves. They get your s.s.n. and other information and sell it to illegals. They mail out a few junk phones to make it look legit. Ever wonder why the phone operators all have a heavy spanish accent?
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   one dumb bitch 0 Votes
i think some one reads my txt and blocks them only one person can not txt me if he switches phones ill get 1 or 2 txt from him then no more he sends me txt from gmail i got the first 3 or 4 then that's it no matter where this one person sends me txt from i don't get them but i get every one else s txt the only thing that makes sense is some one blocks his txt maybe they don't like cus words. even if we sit in same room others get his txt i get others txt but i do not get his i know they have to be stopping them its crazy, they single him out and wont let me get his txt . i think they read them while they go thru and stop them all togeather from his phone if he switches to a new phone ill get 1 or 2 then they stop again. maybe i like being called names i dont need them to chose for me.
 11th of Jan, 2014 by   Anna617 0 Votes
I'm in the same boat and have no phone since Aug. 2013 until present day! A rep from India picks up the phone and claims to mail me ALL THE NECESSARY FORMS and that all I have to do is mail or fax (fax is faster 2-3 business days!) with proof of Medicaid or food stamps and they'll reactivate my phone, but wait!!! NO, they DON"T! I've been in circles with these people for 6 months and they deliberately DON"T mail you anything, or if they do and you follow directions and mail it back to them - then they claim they don't receive! I've tried reapplying at least 10 times and faxed forms Jan. 6th and received a confirmation that the fax went through ok, but guess what? Again I have these Indian accent reps telling me that they didn't receive it for the 10th time, hanging up on me when I get upset, denying me their names or the supervisor to speak with or making up excuses about something missing after I've spent 6 months talking to them at least 50 times!!! I have complained to the commissioner of my city and recently filed FCC complaint about them on false advertising...I HATE SAFELINK WIRELESS!

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups