logo

Pure Med Spa
Beware of them
5. (28 mins ago)
Buyincoins.com
False product description, no refund, no exchange

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Restoration Hardware Complaints & Reviews - WORST customer service and policies

Restoration Hardware Contacts & Informations

Restoration Hardware

Posted: 2011-06-19 by    Mm0518

WORST customer service and policies

Restoration Hardware
Do NOT shop at Restoration Hardware if you care at all about customer service. I cannot believe this is possible, but I received a gift card for $750 for my wedding. I bought a couch online and went to enter the gift card number - only you can't use gift cards online. So I called, and was told that they could not accept gift cards over the phone or over the internet, and I had to PUT IT IN THE MAIL. Ok, fine. So then I move and unfortunately, misplace the gift card - totally my fault. I had the number, the date of purchase, and all relevant information, so I called and asked them to replace it. They cannot replace gift cards, they're "like cash". No one had an answer for my question - "so, you ask people to put cash in the mail?"

Now, this is all happening after they deliver the couch, BREAK my front door, and refuse for hours to send a locksmith so I can close my front door and lock it (it was a Friday - the actual quote from the moron in customer service was "wow, I'm SO sorry! That is dangerous to have your front door like that - I will do everything I can to take care of this...when I get back into the office Monday morning") When I asked to file a claim to have the gift card replaced and my delivery fee waived, some *** promised me he'd have an answer for me "within a week". After three, I called him, emailed him - no answer. A month later, I went into Restoration Hardware and told them what happened. They said "we'll get back to you in a week". Two weeks later, I had to email the guy who gave me his card. Two weeks after that, someone called me to tell me, nope gift card is gone, no way of getting my $750 back. So they have essentially stolen $750 from me, with no recourse available to me.

And the best part is, it's only so-so furniture - the couch came with threads loose, not worth $2500 by a long stretch. Certainly not worth the ridiculous gift card policy and not worth the absurdity of my experience with this awful company.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jan, 2012 by   hate restoration hardware 0 Votes
you need to contact the district manager and DEMAND that their "Store Issues" provide you with your lost $750 gift certificate! as a former employee, i know that this can be done. don't let them give you any BS! you are entitled to that.
 27th of Oct, 2012 by   KCOOP 0 Votes
You knew the gift card was to be treated like cash. You should have sent the gift card in with a traceable source. One would send a money order with a traceable source, wouldn't they? Just like cash. You can't call a bank and say you lost $750 and expect them to just give it back, do you? Responsibility in all actions.

Lottery Scams