logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
The Brick
No communication for payment protection plan
2. (14 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (37 mins ago)
Advanced Air Solutions / Filter Queen
Devious Deceptive Sales Tactics
4. (54 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
I was given a tracking number which I couldn't seem to track
5. (55 mins ago)

QuikTrip, DFW, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Horrible company to work for

QuikTrip Contacts & Informations

QuikTrip

Posted:    TXTRUTH

Horrible company to work for

QUIKTRIP
DFW, Texas
QT is a horrible company to work for. They don't even give you a lunch break. Forget about lunch hour, but they don't even give you a 5 minute break. Not even for full time worker who work more than 8 hours per day and more than 40 hour a week. They tell you that if you "have" to eat then you must eat WHILE still ringing customers. You could have your food in your hand and if the customer comes, you have to ring them up with your food sitting right there on the counter in the open. The manager won't say that go ahead finish your meal, I'll take care of the customer. They'll tell you to interrupt your meal and serve the customer and only eat if there is no more customers. Most QT stores are always busy with lots of customers. They need to provide a clean place where employees can sit and eat in peace without having to ring up customers during their meals. They also make people work alone at night in dangerous areas because they are too cheap to hire two people to work in the store at same time. The QT managers are the worst managers of any company, they like to bully the workers and threaten them. Most people hate their jobs here, they only work here until they can find something else. QT sounds good when you start but soon you realize how bad things are. They don't care about their worker's safety. Managers have told employees that even if a customer beats you up there is nothing you can say to the customer. It is illegal to make employees put up with physical abuse from customers and all companies know that except for QT. Most companies even thorow out customers for verbal abuse, but QT managers verbally abuse thier own workers. It is a horrible company and so many people are consiering suing them for all the unfair treatments.
Comments United States Gas Stations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2010 by   Jessica_J 0 Votes
I used to work at QT too. Alone. At night. As a 115 lb 19-year-old female (yeah, seriously). Got robbed once by two guys with a gun, and once buy an ankle biter with a knife who really wanted to be a gang banger, and once he realized I wasn't coughing up cash and was kind of amused, he stole slim jims instead (got in trouble for not giving him the cash when he asked for it and "threatened" me, from my manager... the guy couldn't even reach over the counter! He was like a 'my toddler' chia pet with pomade and a butter knife, seriously!).

At my store, we got beer runs like clockwork by two hispanic tweens who lived in the crappy apartments near our store. I got written up for seeing them come in (for, like, the 20th beer run that month), and quickly mopping by the door so that they would fall when they tried to run out with the 30 packs, actually, ha ha. Of course, I was just mopping (as, you know, they expect you to clean EVERYTHING, restock, etc, while still watching the store). With no proof beyond me doing my job, they found "intent" in my mopping skills. And those two boys were customers! Safety first, tsk tsk! Since then, I let all my acquaintances know, whenever they joke about being poor, in college, and doing a beer run so they can finally get some more beer... I let them know about QTs very strict policy on employees pretty much telling the thief "Thank you, have a nice day" and waving as they run off.

With that said, the health insurance was NICE, and the Facilities Maintenance guy was cool to hang out with at 2 AM, a pretty funny guy (and around a lot since the quik shake machines can't ever NOT be broken). I would have stayed a lot longer with QT, but I was in a car accident and luckily never got to think about it permanently (thank you, lord, for small mriacles!). Just a job I had when I was younger... what you'd expect working at a gas station.

Oh, one more thing. I got the job because of my tits (and I can add - are they for real with their employment test, seriously, 14+6=????). I also worked at a drive-in movie theater when I was younger, and I thought creepy people hit on me then. I was hit on so regularly by some of my much-older supervisors at QT... and given a promotion almost immediately to assistant manager. So, if you are young, female, pretty, and willing to grin and deal with flattery and passes at you feigning ignorance, you could get pretty far pretty fast with QT, and they have good insurance as a bonus. If you can't deal with that sort of thing from your balding supervisor who is obviously smack in the middle of his midlife crisis, has a lofty sense of importance, says things that can only be described as dumb blonde sayings every day, talks about himself in the third person whenever he gets any anxiety or anger, and wants to feel like he still has some semblance of power again despite the fact that his wife emasculates him and he's quite p*ssy whipped, either learn to laugh at him behind his back or quickly apply elsewhere.
 31st of Mar, 2012 by   kamt 0 Votes
To the complaint of not getting a break. Sounds like you worked with a selfish and poor manager that did not take good care of their people. A good manager will use time management to allow his employees to eat and take breaks. This is a store specific issue, not a company wide one. I always give my employees time to eat uninterrupted. I will admit there are plenty of bad managers out there that don't understand this, and that is regretable. As far as store security, QT looked into having two employees at slower stores at all times during the night shift. However, according to FBI stats, you would have two employees dead instead of one. Almost every "incident" that I have experienced was with two or more employees on duty. I am sure police officers would perfer to always have a partner doubled up with them at all times too, but the logistics, and safety benefits don't always justifiy it. Same at QT. And in regards to shoplifting, I have had many people arrested for shoplifting at QT. The problem is, many employees make too many mistakes dealing with a shoplifting situation. They just don't know how to handle the situation. Basically, if you make it an issue where the company is liable, then it is better to let the merchandise go. If the thief did in fact fact fall BEFORE he completed the larceny, broke his spine, and ended up in a wheel chair the rest of his life, that $20 worth of beer just turned into a million dollar settlement. The point is QT not you had to write the check. "Yeah, I have stolen beer before, but I was about to pay for this one when I fell" says the thief. And it is done...they simpley cannot have you writing checks you can't cash. One kid I caught stealing beer received over a year in a youth detention center. But I knew how to handle the situation, and not put the company at risk. Yeah, it sucks, but that is why it is not an easy job and not for everyone. It is a very difficult job, and takes a very sharp person to do. I understand your frustration, but that is how our world is.
 1st of Apr, 2012 by   Jessica_J 0 Votes
Perhaps you're a decent manager. I do think you should really recognize that, unfortunately, many are not before trying to undermine our experiences. I can tell you in the store I worked in when I worked there, literally ALL of my managers/supervisors/etc. are really lucky to have not gotten QT sued for discrimination (the guys who worked at my store were treated like redheaded stepchildren - management was only super friendly with the prettier young women) and also very lucky to have not gotten sued for sexual harassment.

In regards to the shoplifting: you must be one of the only ones. Where I worked, we were trained to do nothing under ANY circumstances. Not even call the cops. All we had to do was write it in a log if we knew/suspected what they took. And, of the many friends I've had who have worked at various QTs, ALL had the exact same training.

Regarding mopping: I do understand why it's a liability issue. I fail to understand how me mopping by the door (when I was already mopping by the candy display right next to the door), is deserving of getting written up. I had my caution signs out and was just doing my job. It's not like I pulled out the mop just to try to cripple them for life! I was already mopping right near the door anyways, and mopped in front of it too. With how much you're expected to clean alone overnight, it's not unreasonable.

I'll admit, I sure did hope they would fall, look like idiots, have hurt pride, and stop doing beer runs like clockwork on me. And that's exactly what happened. Perhaps QT should reconsider their policies and job descriptions. You sound like I would have been damned if I didn't mop (didn't get my shift duties done), and damned if I did (what if I broke someone's back?). You sound smart enough to have a better position than that. The floors get dirty and I was doing my job! I didn't go out of my way for anything, and got written up for doing my job. End of story. There's risk and liability in EVERY business, c'est la vie.

Oh, and my manager blatantly hit on me WHILE explaining about the write-up - telling me not to worry about it, that I was so wonderful, and he really appreciated me. It sounds innocuous, but if you could have seen the way he talked to me (or should I say my breasts) in the back by the soda stocking area, staring intently and petting my shoulder while doing so... like I said, QT is truly lucky they didn't get sued.

STUPID, STUPID, midlife crisis management. At least in my experience. Hopefully you read some of this and learn something from it. QT was quite a good company - great benefits, good pay at that time. But, at least in my area, all the management were lecherous pervs with little to no sense. It would have been a great place to work if it weren't for them. Hopefully, you're a much better manager than that and your employees have a great experience working for QT. But, that does not mean that others across the country have the same experience... both varieties of experiences deserve equal voice.
 11th of Sep, 2012 by   Quedout -1 Votes
When the article comes out and says, that QT is one of the best places to work, they leave out the rest of the sentence. The sentence should be, "QT is one of the best places to work if you are a young male or lesbian." Everyone else..".go run trash". There are ZERO chairs inside a QuikTrip. The only time you sit, is when you turn a milk crate upside down to sit on while bagging ice. There are three issues that I have. The first one is that they tell you that everything is done by seniority. I was asked to work a different schedule, and I aggreed. It wasn't the schedule that I wanted, so the TM told me that she would put me on "The List", for the schedule that I did want. Five months later, after seening people put on the schedule with less seniority (and dedication} as me, I politely asked if any of those positions were available, I was made to feel like I was bothering her and was told that I needed to be on "The List". I thought I was on the list? Later I was told by someone else in the same position, that he just calls for schedule changes and that there is no "LIST". Second, I was told that I could not get an interview for the next level until I went back to a regular position in a store. I was told this by my "Career Controller" who just happened to need that position fill in his location. I guess filling your opening is more important than my advancement. The third issue: All of the above is rationalized by saying that your "Customer Service scores and cash scores need to be improved. You are never given copies of the actual customer survey. If you are lucky, it will show up on your information page withing two weeks. The information page has colomns of 1-3 months, 3-6months and so on. The most current information is more relivant. I have had scores not show up until TWO months later. It is way too late for me to rememeber what I need to improve, and if it is two months late, it needs to go to the six months colomn sooner. I have also had the supervisor tell me that I have received I high score, which never made the information page. I have asked for someone to look into this...Still waiting.. The only scores that are reported are the lower ones. As a side note, the low score was for a shift that was understaffed with new unexperienced clerks. The cash isssue is different. You can only have a certain amount long or short in a shift. In any given cituation, there are at least 3 to 7 people that share the drawers with you. The worst month that I had, I was in a very busy store and cash control was difficult at best, but I did my best. No matter how hard I tried, I had a few shifs with large cash discrepincies. I was concerned, lost sleep and felt like I had people questioning my integrity. The manager even called my "Career Controller" that I had a shift will an unaccounted $100. Latter I learned that two clerks in the store were ultimatly responsibile for the shortages. No retractions or corrections were made. However, if I want better placement, I need to. improve cash scores. I really feel bad about typing this, but I feel like NO ONE in the company cares or wants to listen. After all, HALO is more important. I am not the sort of person that cares about the "no chair' issue. I work hard from clocking in until clocking out. I am also very loyal. I only write this because I fully believe that QT has not been honest with me. I knowv that the economy is bad, but Arrogance is bad under all conditionsl
 27th of Oct, 2012 by   eddy182 -1 Votes
Its very sad seeing some of these comments on here. Ive worked at QT for 5 years, and i can tell you that yes, its a hard job with little time to rest. Its stressful, fast paced, you work with bad managers sometimes, customers suck, no downtime.. the list can go on and on. But if you wanted a boring job then im sure the bank across the street is hiring for tellers to man the drive through window.
I was a clerk for 3 years going through school, and am currently a full time assistant. No we dont get set breaks, but if we want to eat we eat, if we want to smoke a cigarette we smoke. Theres no restrictions on what or when we do something just as long as you take care of the number one priority, as with all retail stores, the customer. QT is really a great place to work. Though at times i dont agree with some of the "politics" and promotions that are given, i still feel that i am being taken care of. Its most unfortunate to see someone who busts their butt day in and day out to see no results. Theres really only two things to blame, either you or the manager. Bad managers are, unfortunately, are plentiful. Really anywhere you work. And if you are the problem then they will work with you. thats the point of the CSA's and the PAR. Do what you can when you can and be good to people. And be glad you have a job especially the way things are going with the economy. QTs going to be around for a long time
 29th of Oct, 2012 by   tv817 +1 Votes
It sounds like everyone Ian big babies. I worked for quiktrip while i was pregnant and going to school and didnt complain! I loved my job and all the customers.. They have great benefits and really do all that they can to help their employees.. I stay home with my child now but my boyfriend also works for quiktrip as a manager and he loves his job as well.. I am very appreciative that quiktrip makes care of my family as well as they do.. No i am in cooperate, i am a young women who likes to work hard and get recognized for it..
 6th of Nov, 2012 by   galaxxy +1 Votes
i worked for QT for 3 years, its by far the worst company i have ever worked for. Seems to be their number one thing is anything you do is never good enough bc it can always be done better.i understand wanting to achieve the best, but even when you try and try and try, they still say its not good enough. There is little hardly any praise given, ever! No breaks, most shifts id go without eating bc "there wasn't time" The only meal i was even getting to eat everyday was dinner. Stress was another major reason i hated this place. Most of the time i felt as tho i couldn't catch my breath and was running around with my head cut off trying to get everything done at once. This caused panic attacks for me, which i had never had in my life till i started working there. Customers are a whole other issue. QT wants you to be friendly and talk to everyone that comes into the store, well i found this to be a problem in the long run. I've been slapped on the ass, had the back of my neck blown on, customers hands around my waist, or shoulders. So i quit saying hi to ppl when they came into the store and just kept to myself. Well that wasn't an option apparently, bc in my one on one my manager told me i needed to work on my customer skills and start talking to every customer that walked in the door and asking how their day is, etc. I've also had many incidents where customers would become angry or violent, yelling, cussing, throwing things, threatening. Almost every day actually. QT just expetcs you to stand there and smile and tell them to have a great day. I think if anything a manager should have to step in and deal with it. i mean that's why they get paid the big bucks, right? As far as promotions go.. Don't add anyone you work with on your Face Book. Apparently ppl can snitch on you for stuff you post on your PERSONAL page and then a week later they get a promotion. And if you get news that a relative of yours is in the hospital in critical condition and your at work, well you can forget that bc they wont let you leave to be with your family. Instead they throw you up on register while your bawling your eyes out and helping customers. Then by the time your shift is over and you make it to the hospital, your family member had already died.
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   megsgibs -1 Votes
I currently work at Quiktrip as an Assistant Manager and love it. You know what you signed up for when you passed training. Granted, it is fast paced and very stressful at times but you should have known that when you got the job. They take care of their employees, pay you enough to live comfortably and offer great health insurance. All the promotion is done from within and if your performance reflects that then you're golden.
As far as not being able to eat during your shift, it sounds to me that you just had a bad manager. Yes, you may have to ring up a customer or two while finishing your meal and its because the customer is our number one priority. They are the reason we get paid as well as we do. Its true there are no chairs inside of a QT but again, thats something you learn while in training (5 days for part time, 2+ weeks for full time.) If you didn't think you could make it through an entire shift without wanting to sit down and put your feet up, then this is the wrong job for you.
In addition, QT has problems in place so that in the event you need to leave early (sickness or family emergency) then you may do so. Again, just bad managing, which is something all companies have but at QT they are few and far between. And, as a 110 lb female, I've worked plenty of overnight shifts alone and never once felt in danger of my life. Beer runs, shoplifting, and crazy drunk people hitting on you are entertaining at best and a nuisance at worst but you have to realize its a convenience store and these things happen. Police officers are in and out of your store all day, every shift and a lot on the overnights. Our security system is wonderful, and they are currently working to improve it by adding more cameras, alarms and badges in addition to the belt clip we already wear while on the clock. Employee safety is a HUGE concern for QT and is the reason we cannot chase shoplifters, yell at customers (they're the priority) and why we must always follow policy regarding robberies. Get them in, get them out and hopefully nobody got hurt.
It takes a special breed of person to work at QT and clearly its not the job for everybody. Hard working, dedicated people thrive here, while lazy, just-here-for-the-paycheck types do not. I know what I signed up for when I started as part time and continue to love it after 2 years of full time. We deal with a lot of bullshit from customers but they're the reason we have our job, so we smile and say see you tomorrow. I take immense pride in my job because I know (reassured after reading some of these comments) that not everybody can handle it.
 16th of Sep, 2013 by   anonymous_ash +1 Votes
I've been working for QT since March 2013, today is 9/16/2013
In the time that I've been here I can definitly say that it has its ups and its down.

Its not a hard job unless your lazy and unmotivated to provide excellent customer service at all times. The company does a great job of explaining to you what your getting into before you are even hired. Your own personal in-store experience is what you make it, yes your location may effect that but thats what transfers are for. Quik trip works with you on availability no one can force you to work over nights unless your like a 1a 2a or ra, Im not sure how all that works but pretty sure they're not FORCING you to work nights.

I know the two stores that I have worked at have been great at acknowledging the work that I do, it hasnt resulted in a promotion or anything but thats only because I've been with the company for such a short time, and I dont wont to be fulltime anyway. It's not hard to move up they have messages in EPIC all the time about going full time and increasing your hours all kinds of crap. But why should they promote someone whose just going to complain ? If you MUST complain thats what your Peer reviews and message boards are for. Im sure the company doesnt provide those just for the fun of it. It's really hard to not just do your job: come to work on time, learn how to multi task so you can keep up the store and work on DAW and stay organized, put on a smile for the customers even if you dont like them, they're the reason you get paid. Yes a lot of people who come into the store can be pretty slow minded and perverted at times but take it with a grain of salt and keep it moving, if it gets to be to much your managers do have the rights to kick them out of the store.

If your manager or other co-workers are unfit for the job report them, thousands of people apply to quikrtrip everyday they can be replaced. Even though where I currently live a lot of the people who work for the company (not all) have been here for 5 to 10 plus years, so maybe where you live, people have a bad work ethic on top of a bad sense of morals and respect.

If your not someone who is inclined to do hard work and physical labor on your feet most of the day, quiktrip is not for you! If you dont like cleaning up after and serving other people quiktrip is not for you!

My down falls to the company are more personal then the actual company itself. Im very ambitious and have bigger plans that dont involve cleaning up after people. Having to clean a grown mans fiecies off the toilet or a four year olds throw up, off the floor is not worth the $8.25 I make. Yes they try and compensate with secret shops and annual bonuses but to me those come everyonce in a blue moon. I've only been shopped once out of the 6 months ive been here and that was in training. Even if I were to be shopped again it wouldnt matter because Quik trip really is a team effort and if everyone isn't putting in then that effects you even if you are doing your job. The people I work with are cool people but they are more focused on socializing and doing the bare minimum. Only When the general manager is in do they really try and make the store as presentable as possible.

I dont feel I should have to clean up after my co-workers as well when i already have the customers. Accountability at quiktrip is hard to measure because it is very fast pace and sometimes hard to keep track of who really did what. One person can make the store look almost flawless while another person is texting on their phone or jsut standing socializing. On top of customers destroying everything you just fixed. But thats the nature of the job and it is job security but its not for everyone.
 2nd of Nov, 2013 by   Edith Fusillo +1 Votes
For over a year now, I have gone out of my way to shop a QT on Buford Hwy in Doraville, GA. The people there have always been extremely helpful (I have trouble walking from the far pumps to pre-pay), even helping out when I couldn't get my electronic fuel flap open. Yesterday, however, this very same QT stole $25 from me. I pre-paid for the one diesel pump that had a car instead of a truck in it (large tank, long wait). Then the car did NOT leave for ten minutes, but a truck did. I changed pumps, called the cashier and asked to have my $50 transferred to the alternative pump. Two employees came out and told me it was against company policy to switch the money, even though I have done this several times in the past when customers choose to sit and eat their lunch after they pump their gas. So I said I would move back to the original pump. They said I had ALREADY pumped gas at that pump. When I asked them to check my fuel gauge, which registered dead empty, they refused. The manager would not talk to me (didn't even acknowledge my presence); the employee who told me I had already pumped my money's worth eventually called a "supervisor, " who supposedly told her I could pump $25 worth of fuel, but no more. Someone at the store has my $25, paid in cash, and I was robbed. I have bought my last item of any kind from QT.
 9th of Dec, 2013 by   Colston -1 Votes
Qt has VERY POOR TRAINING! They failed to train me on all things required to keep employment.
 16th of Mar, 2014 by   NKCMO -1 Votes
I can NOT believe some of these cry baby attitudes that are posted on here!
In life everyone has to work, if you work hard and maintain multitasking skills then it does payoff IN THE LONG RUN, NOT IMMEDIATELY!
If you don't want to physically work and achieve goals then find you someone rich and sponge off them, proably not going to happen. lol.
THE REAL WORLD IS WORKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT NOT FEELING LIKE IT SHOULD BE HANDED TO YOU AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS OF SERVICE!
I believe technology has made the younger generation LAZY! Real physical work sucks but the rewards are tremendously rewarding in twenty years or so .
 3rd of Apr, 2014 by   Aaron Callihan +1 Votes
First, all of you need to take a class at your local community college or something because your spelling and grammar are pathetic. Secondly, I agree with the last post: quit your bitching. I've been at QuikTrip in the St Louis Division now for one year and seven months (started as a clerk) and am already a 2A. They reward hard work and value those who have perspective and can think long-term. If you're scared to work alone overnight, then quit. If you're a small female and constantly feel threatened, find a job that doesn't require you to keep your cool in stressful situations or deal with unruly customers.

Oh, and Edith Fusillo, no one stole anything from you. Frankly, it sounds like you have a hazy recollection of how the whole debacle took place (or you just don't know how to explain it very well), which might explain why the employees weren't able to help you. Whether you believe it or not, QT employees are not obligated to rectify your bad or stupid decisions. We are not babysitters nor litigators. Don't blame others for your mistakes or mishaps.

And finally, Colston: the training is sufficient. My guess? You're most likely a dumb person that doesn't retain information well. I'm going to say that you're one of those people that fails the test in school and then says, "I'm just a bad test-taker." No, you're just not that smart champ.

Good Luck finding new jobs.
 10th of Sep, 2014 by   kristenedgar9 +1 Votes
Actually its not like that at all. Okay sure you dont get a lunch break but the managers dont tell you to interrupt your meal to help a customer unless they are low on help and high on customers. The managers also do not bully their clerks part tine or full time. This action that people have called bullying is actually the way they keep clerks with high urgency and able to know when to do certain things. People look at this as bullying because its hard work and a lot of people dont like to do hard work so they complain. Also we do not leave people alone during the night in dangerous places. Infact we have the highest security system compared to any stores in the country. We teach clerks during orientation how to handle dangerous situations and it happens very rarely. We also keep our stores lit up and invite the police to come to our store and stay there if they would like so we can ensure safety for both our employees and customers
 4th of Nov, 2014 by   corelgro 0 Votes
QT is the BEST company I've ever worked for! They reward hard work and truly want to see you succeed. I'm not going to go through and pick apart each comment on here. From everything I've seen in the length of my career (4 years) is the people who hate their jobs here are the lazy people that want everything handed to them. Learn to work hard! Parents just aren't teaching their kids to do so nowadays. If you ask me QT is too easy on most of you. We can't fire or get anyone in trouble without numerous just causes! If it were up to me half of the people we hire wouldn't make it through training and a fourth of the ones that did would be fired! And to the customer complaining of us stealing your gas. I feel like no one took the time to explain to you what happened. I'm sorry you feel you were treated unjustly, however, we did not steal your gasoline! The customer who was on the pump you requested, is the one that stole your gasoline! Do not put money on a pump you are not on! Somebody pumped the $50 whether or not it was you. In reality, we were also out $25 because we gave you $25. Someone else walked away with a free $50. If you were to contact the division office for your area with your complaint rather than posting it on here they would have done everything in their power to rectify the matter! I hate seeing all of this negativity out here! And to those of you who claim to have been previously employed by QT, you should be ashamed of yourselves for degrading such a loyal company!!!
 30th of Nov, 2014 by   terry21 0 Votes
Qt sucks
 30th of Nov, 2014 by   terry21 0 Votes
Company doesn't give out breaks. They have favorites and they tell you to do something that they wouldn't do. Its just a gas station. Find better employment.

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying