logo

Amount 27 - deducted without any reasons

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Popeyes Chicken Complaints & Reviews - Poor food, poor service, false advertising!

Popeyes Chicken Contacts & Informations

Popeyes Chicken

Posted:    Terri Stefanik

Poor food, poor service, false advertising!

In June of this year my finance and I went to Popeyes Chicken for the first time while visiting Niagara Falls, Ontario. We ordered our food, me the Naked Chicken Strips Meal (there was a nice advertisement with 4 large chicken pieces with ranch dipping sauce for $5.99 so I thought why not try it!) and my finance the chicken pieces and fries meal. When we received our order, my finance got 2 very small pieces of chicken only to find when he bit into the first piece that IT WAS NOT COOKED... not undercooked slightly, but bright pink inside!! He immediately refused to eat it and I went back the manager to ask for new chicken. I waited about 10 minutes for someone to even acknowledge me, and than I was asked "who took my order"?!?! Like it even matters! They refused to give me replacement chicken and to be honest, I really didn't want it for fear that it wasn't cooked either! Now, to make matters worse, I open my meal to find that I have 3 of the tiniest pieces of chicken imaginable (picture McDonalds nuggets) when these are supposed to be CHICKEN STRIPS and instead of the ranch dipping sauce like in the picture, I am given a package of mayonnaise... MAYONNAISE!! I went back to the counter and was given the same poor service again and told "there was nothing they could do". I was disgusted with this restaurant! I promptly called the customer service line the next day, filed my complaint and was told that someone would get back to me within 24 hours. 3 days later, I got no response, so I called again. I have called the customer service line a total of 10 times in the past month and a half, only to hear "your case will be dealt with by upper management as soon as possible", "I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do" and "I will make sure that this is priority". I have called the head office to speak to the person in charge of International Customer Relations only to get her answering machine and leave a message 5 times (I don't even think she works there) and I finally contacted the manager of the store myself. I told him the situation and he told me he would send me coupons for a free family chicken meal and for another Naked Chicken strips meal... finally I was getting somewhere!!!... WRONG! I have waited 6 weeks for the coupons to come and they never showed up. I called the manager again, and he tells me "he lost my address and phone number"...YEAH RIGHT! So I give him my address again and he assures me that the coupons will go out that day.
Well, I have waited over 2 weeks again and still no coupons... I guess I will just accept that I was ripped off and that I will never get restitution from such a lame company.
Comments Canada Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Oct, 2007 by   Brand1 +1 Votes
That sounds terrible. Mayo for dipping sauce?? LOL. The Popeyes by here is pretty bad too...80% of the time they get my order wrong. Specifically late night...e.g. I order a 3 piece meal and pay for it...and I get home and have 2 pieces. I think because there were a lot of cars in line at the drive thru and it was late night they had a limited amount of chicken....It would be nice if the girl who took my order TOLD ME THIS...instead of just taking my money and ripping me off. Another time I ordered a catfish basket, the young guy who I think was the manager at the time....dropped one of the pieces on the counter...so rather than have to go through cooking another one he just hands me over the catfish basket with 2 pieces instead of the 3 that its supposed to have...O_O. This is like a $5 basket and the pieces are already small. This is just a couple examples. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE..... This is the one in Los Angeles...24 hour one on La Brea.
 13th of Sep, 2008 by   Leroy Walker +1 Votes
I agree fully with what this customer has to say about this miserable excuse for a restaurant. On Friday September 12, 2008, I was at a downtown location in Toronto Canada. The address is 273 Yonge St. right accross from the Eaton Centre. I walked in the store at approximatey 3:35pm right from work. I ordered a family deal they had going on, but I only wanted white meat all breast. The guy who served me had a hard time understanding what breast were. I then repeated that I wanted all of the pieces to be breast. As I was waitng over 20 plus minutes for my order to be served, I noticed a poster in the store that offerd more pieces but just a little more money. I told the server and the manager to give me the differece but again with all breast, they told me I just need to pay an extra $3. It sounded like a great deal 4 extra pieces for an additional $3. They wrapped it up and when I got home I opened it up to find wings, legs, thighs and a few breast. When I returned to the store, the servers said I never even mentioned that I wanted only breast and that they told me I would be receiving a mixed variety. I thought I was on some hidden camera show. I told them I wanted to talk to the manager and they said he stepped out. The dared me to call the corparate offices and the said to quit arguing and if I wanted the chicken or not. If it wasn't for I agree fully with what this customer has to say about this miserable excuse for a restaurant. On Friday September 12, 2008, I was at a downtown location in Toronto Canada. The address is 273 Yonge St. right across from the Eaton Centre. I walked in the store at approximately 3:35pm right from work. I ordered a family deal they had going on, but I only wanted white meat all breast. The guy who served me had a hard time understanding what breast were. I then repeated that I wanted all of the pieces to be breast. As I was waiting over 20 plus minutes for my order to be served, I noticed a poster in the store that offered more pieces but just a little more money. I told the server and the manager to give me the difference but again with all breast, they told me I just need to pay an extra $3.

It sounded like a great deal 4 extra pieces for an additional $3. They wrapped it up and when I got home I opened it up to find wings, legs, thighs and a few breast. When I returned to the store, the servers said I never even mentioned that I wanted only breast and that they told me I would be receiving a mixed variety. I thought I was on some hidden camera show. I told them I wanted to talk to the manager and they said he stepped out. The dared me to call the corporate offices and the said to quit arguing and if I wanted the chicken or not. If it wasn't for the fact that my family wasn't in my thoughts I would have told them want to do with there chicken. They said they would charge me an extra $5 for the extra breast.
Then the manager walked into the store and said he remembered that I asked for all breast. I showed him the box and he looked shocked. The two serves were yelling at the manager when it looked like he was leaning towards my side. The fellow that serve me said he was walking off the job if I got back my $5. It was clear who was calling the shots. The manager said that the server just misunderstood. I said well you just admitted fault so in this case the customer shouldn't have to pay for your mistake, the store should take the lose. Well I left feeling that I was unsatisfied and that I was robbed.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   disgustabug +1 Votes
We had the same problem with the Popeye's in Niagara Falls...HORRIBLE service, pretended they couldn't understand us, we waited for our food for over 20 minutes and there was only 2 other people in there. The big rack of fried chicken was sitting out on the counter the whole time we were in there. I went to Popeye's Chicken down south and it was AMAZING, but here in canada it's absolutely DISGUSTING!!! They need to tear the one on Ferry St in niagara Falls down. THEY ARE RUINING THE POPEYE"S CHICKEN RESTAURANTS!!!
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Bonnie2010 +1 Votes
Well, I live in Detroit and I just returned from Popeyes, my son ordered a 3 piece snack with 3 legs and a biscuit. When we got home we had 2 legs and a biscuit and the change was supposed to be 60 cents, but she tried to give me 50 cents, I caught the mistake and she corrected the error. Maybe this is a world-wide rip-off, perpetrated intentionally? Everytime I go to Popeyes the change is short by a dime or 7 cents, don't laugh! you can make a lot of money if you short change people everyday, allday long, plus you have to add in the cost of keeping one piece of chicken for each customer, it probably adds up to thousands at the end of the month. Plus remember the corporate office does not respond very efficiently to complaints. How can you have this much incompetance in one chain by accident?

Yvonne
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   Ruthie Bibbs +1 Votes
On Monday July 19, 2010, my daughter and I went to Popeye at 2550 Highway 80 W. Jackson in Jackson, MS. We order a Shrimp Poorboy and recieved a biscuit and shrimps, gallon of sweet tea and recieved sour sour tea. I filled my glass up with ice, pour in the tea and drinked it, I almost threw up. My stomach is still hurting, I thinking about going to the doctor. I called the manager and she is trying to get this attitude with me, I told her, I paid over 5 dollars for this sour nasty tea and you are going to get an atittude me. On the commerical it is the best tea. I took it back and got my money. I will never go there again.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Helen Luu +1 Votes
I'm applaud with the way I was treated at Popeye's located at 3740 Midland Avenue. I waited more than 35 mins. for a box of chicken. The person in front of me and behind me recieved their order before me. The box of chicken that was given to the person in front was COLD, and the server gave the same box to me, when the customer complained it was COLD, and when he gave the box of chicken to me. I said I don't want this box of COLD chicken. He ignored me and served another customer, while I waited. He tried again to give me the same box of COLD chicken, and I again said I don't want it, he said in a rude tone, give me the receipt and will refund the order. He said or claims he is the store manager. I asked for his name, he wouldn't give me his name. I have never been so insulted in my life. I will never go back to this Popeye store, nor would I recommend my friends and family.
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   MIB786 +1 Votes
On April 3rd, I visited the popeyes located at matheson Blvd West, I was giving the wrong item from which i ordered which wasted my time coming back and forth, scewing me up for my work, wasting gas and much more. this is not the first time this problem has occured at this same location, i have several times complained this issue to the staff working there, the reason i am complaining this time, is beacuse i am exhausted from running back and forth, which tells me that the service is tremendously poor compared to what you guys say.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   lcbranch711 +1 Votes
Talk about poor service, don't ever work at Popeye's Restaurant if you do not want to get treated like a piece of crap with no respect and no dignity from so called general managers.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   Chuck Morris 0 Votes
I went to my local Popeyew last night, store # 10679 and had to tell the young hispanic behind the counter 3 times what I wanted. This young man did not speak very good ENGLISH nor did anyone else in the store. I am so sick and tired of not hearing ENGLISH spoken where I spend my money that I will not visit this store again. There were other White folks waiting in line and one of them made a rather dispariging remark and left the store. I have been in this store on several occasions when Two white ENGLISH speaking ladies got my order right the first time and I told them thank you for being there. Also the time was 6:30 and the ran out of wings bot mild and spicy. Very poor planning on the managers part who ever that was!! Popeyes started in the South with wonderfull employess and I enjoied the store in Morgan City LA. They all spoke ENGLISH. I spent $27.09 for three dinners and have no problem with the cost. As you may have gathered by now that this is America not Mexico and the offical language is ENGLISH if you dont ask Senator Harry Reid (D) Nevada.
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   rachel jenkins 0 Votes
i went to Popeye's in westlake, la and one of the employees was very rude. i asked for a bag with grape jelly and she threw the bag at me, so i let it fall because i didn't like having a bag at me. then she told me i can pick it up and placed the packets of jam on the counter. along with me order i had a 18 piece with 2 large sides . i asked for dark and i told her i wanted it spicy. well when i got my order they had given me a 18 piece mixed mild. i brought the box right back and showed the woman who had fixed my order and she told me she was going to mix it anyway because they were out of all spicy. so i asked how long it would take for them to cook more chicken, and again she had a attitude with me.
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   lcbranch711 0 Votes
Popeye's Chicken Company was one of the worst company I have ever worked for in my life, management is rude, unprofessional, and treat their employees worst than a dog and no animal deserve bad treatment. If you ever want to be humiliated, work with Popeye's Chicken Company, Campcreek and Marietta Restaurant, Georgia.
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   Busman 0 Votes
Well i had a similar experience with Popeye's i had an old coupon beings thy say that there coupons never expires it was for 9 pieces of chicken 3 sides and a gal of iced tea and i asked for it to be all dark because i don't like white meet and another coupon for a desert for a dollar so the cashier looked at the coupon's and it didn't say that you can't have it it all dark and i wanted the desert to and she said that i could only use one coupon per visit per costumer and i said that the coupon didn't say that and she said that she didn't care and even if i were to order a 13 piece that i wouldn't get it all dark ether or the desert so i left there very disappointed because i really liked the chicken i think it's better then the other one but at lest with them you can get it all dark or all white though if you like so i wasn't very happy with the manager but the cashier was very good understanding polite and tried to make it right with her costumer thank you
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by   notgonna 0 Votes
Uh, Popeyes sucks.
 15th of May, 2013 by   spinach boy 0 Votes
May 14 13 i got the chicken in popeye california, but when i eat i found one piece of fresh feather that i pulled on one part of the body maybe from thigh or breast.
 12th of Jun, 2013 by   Stephanie Landry 0 Votes
On 6/11/2013 at 8:42 pm I encountered the worst debacle ever. I eat Popeyes every Tues. because of their special it is always challenging. The lack of customer service to note and the inability to control the crowd secondly. This Tues. they ran out of chicken and the manager was practically hiding from customers because she didn't know what to say. This Popeyes is in need of a good crew and a good manager they have a great location but will certainly mess it up with such poor service.
 12th of Jun, 2013 by   spinach boy 0 Votes
Popeyes chicken should renamed Brutos Chicken caused the servers attitudes just like Brutos
 25th of Jul, 2013 by   bedya trumble 0 Votes
I live in Valleyo, California 94591 and the Popeye's here is more like the"Get even towards Paula Deen "The food is to HOT with Tobasco on everything...The service is bad..The food is days old..I don't know how they stay in business..The board of health needs to visit this establishment..
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   bmalex61 0 Votes
We have a new Popeye's in charlotte, NC right across the street from Bojangles. The bojangles was empty today and Popeyes was overflowing so i decided to try it. BIG MISTAKE! I had to wait 20 minutes to get my order and whe ni had to take it back to work ( lunch time over) they didn't put any dipping sauce in it. ususlly I would check before leaving the store but I was now rushed to get back to work. The workers were very nice though I will prbably never return there

WFTV Todd Ulrich Online Job Investigation