logo

Resort Villa
Scam and cheating
3. (21 mins ago)
Greatsangomaa
Useless website with no help
4. (29 mins ago)
Steve Trustrum is a notorious pathological liar
famous racist liar
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Georgia Pacific
Reduced Quantity/"Clever" Markering

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NetSpend, South Carolina Complaints & Reviews - IRS Refund Direct Deposit Do Not Do!!

NetSpend Contacts & Informations

Posted:    kev4521

IRS Refund Direct Deposit Do Not Do!!

Netspend Corporation
South Carolina
I recently just had my IRS refund direct deposited on my netspend card. The day it was suppose to be loaded, I checked my account and the money wasn't there. When I called to speak to someone about it, they told me because of the amount of the refund it was subject to verification. I was assured the money would be released in 4 hours. After the 4 hours needless to say the money still was not released. I called back and they said that I had to fax in a copy of my paycheck stub!!! What type of verification process is that! I faxed it in anyway and was assured that as soon as they received my paperwork they would release my money. After an additional 2 hours, I called back and the claimed that they haven't received the fax yet. They say that they receive the faxes by batch and it could take 6 to 8 hours for them to receive it. The next day my money still was not released and nobody had any answers why. After being on hold for an hour and 12 minutes, I was informed that the deposit was sent back because they couldn't verify anything. I was disgusted and disappointed. I had to wait 2 weeks for the refund to get back to the IRS and another 2 weeks for them to send it to me in check form. I quickly closed my account with netspend after that and encourage all who are netspend customers to do the same!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2010 by   HAPPY CUSTOMER 37 0 Votes
WOW FOR THE PASS 5 YEARS I HAVE ALWAYS RCVD MY TAX RTN DIRECT DEPOSIT FROM THE IRS.. WHERE YOU USING YOUR CARD ON A REGULAR BASIS?.. i HAVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I'VE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS.. IN FACT WHEN I DID HAVE CONCERNS/PROBLEMS THEY WERE ADDRESSED AND TAKEN CARE OF IMMEDIATELY.. GOOOOO NETSPEND
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   Rrahim Muja 0 Votes
jan 28 2011. I had my tax refund direct deposited to my netspend card for the last 2 yrs and never had an issue. This year, not so lucky. I called to get the routing and account numbers from netspend. They gave me the correct routing number but left 4 digits off my account number! After sitting on hold and being transferred, they said to call the irs. Did that. I talked to 3 different people who said there was nothing they could do, that the netspend computers had a glitch and gave wrong account numbers to thousands of people! My tax refund will I guess be returned to the irs and they will send a paper check. God knows how long that will take. I find it hard to believe that a financial institution can make that kind of mistake and not fix it! All they say is, sorry for the inconvinience. I don't want an apology, I want them to fix the problem!
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   Eric Garcia 0 Votes
I've just experienced the same thing with Netspend only thing different is that my income tax return as well as my paychecks were on the card they locked my card and closed my account without my permission and i had to wait almost 2 hrs to speak with an supervisor because the customer service representatives you can tell they reading off a screen because they all answer in the same way and know nothing to answer your questions however they told me that the sent me check out last week and it was going to be here Wednesday because they expedited my check Wednesday comes no check i call them to see what was going on they tell me they just sent my check out this Tuesday and should be here this Friday which is today so I'm sitting here waiting on UPS if i receive no check then I'm contacting a lawyer and strongly recommend that nobody gets a Netspend account because it seems like they running some kind of fishy company from experience get a real bank where u can actually go walk into and discuss manners such as this in the future i know i am bad situation but good lesson taught!
 14th of Feb, 2013 by   DownWithNetspend 0 Votes
I reviewed the email a few days before my deposit that there was a block. We called and we're told that we had to fax I address verification, copy of ID and social security card. 6 to 8 hours. Neither fax number worked. We emailed it 6 times to fraud@netspend.com and they claim never to have revived it. Sent it to a feedback person And was told that I could not use the netspend mail as verification. Why not? Sent in my lease. Nope. Not good enough. Sent anenvelope addressed to my husband. They wanted a copy of the letter so I blacked out the private information, left the case number and date viable and still, no. Called to have the money sent back to irs only to be told they couldn't do that and we had to provide the documents. We literally had nothing. Everything is paperless and we just moved here. Rep said an adress change from post office. Denied. I chewed of several, Emily, Bobs, Franks and a Jessica who barely spoke English. The lady one said she was sending it back to irs. I asked her name, id, and for a reference number. She says, "Jessica". I said, last name? "According to company policy, we are not allowed to give our last names, " Oh but we are required to provide all the documentation for you to assume our identity. Hmm, how convenient. She says 6 days for irs to receive it... thinking about calling every day. I started a Facebook group called 1 million against netspend debit company. Please like the page and share your story. I have contacted local media and would like to take this national. Lets out these people for who they really are!
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We sincerely apologize that your deposit was returned back to the IRS. We request this information for the security of your account and we try to process these documents as quickly as possible.

We can see that there was a lot of misinformation provided and we would like to see why this occurred. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

30th of Jul, 2013 by   Jaeb1 0 Votes
Same exact problem with me, my refund was deposited into my net spend account may 28th here we are July 30th and I'm still waiting for a paper check because net spend says it wasnt me even tho I faxed them my DL, social security card and utility bills! They also claimed not to get the fax twice!
 24th of Apr, 2014 by   fuck netspend 0 Votes
I will never use netspend again they sent my son tax money after we sent everything .fuck this company they need to be close down .
 28th of Oct, 2014 by   RES7 0 Votes
yes F-netspend my accunt has been just blocked conviently when my direct deposit hits for suspisoius activity of using y card to pay bills and make store purchases... now I cant pay my rent my electric or my internet bill next week wonderfull... they aren't the ones that will be evicted though so what t]do they care? obviously not a bit! freaking putrageous... some screwed up banking organisations practices are going to cause me to be without a freaking home when I "have" the money to pay my bills WTF!!?!!? absolutely wonderful I'm about to loose my mind thanks alot netspend can I have a blanket atleast to curl up on outside since you have my money... I really don't even have the words at the moment to explain the amount of stress and frustration thats creeping further and further into me at the moment besides FUCK!
 26th of Nov, 2014 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We regret to hear about the problems you have experienced with our service and the block on your card. We can assure you that this block is only meant as a protection.

12th of Feb, 2015 by   SpoiledRottenweilers 0 Votes
My husband & I have both used Netspend for several years now, and have never had the problems I am reading about in these posts. My husband's payroll check is always available - and 36-48 hours before co-workers receive their paper checks. I always have our tax refund(s) direct deposited to our separate cards - at least til this year, we got married after 18 years, so this is our first 'joint return' - IRS just marked it as 'sent' this evening, so I expect to see it anytime now.
It has been a lifesaver for online shopping with the availability of 'virtual card numbers' & makes it so easy for me to transfer money between his account and my own. Even made sure to get my daughter an account, so I can send her money several states away without having to pay fees to moneygram or western union & no delay for her to get the money. I LOVE NETSPEND!
 27th of Feb, 2015 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We appreciate your support! Please let us know if you have any concerns.

4th of Mar, 2015 by   amandaellison 0 Votes
PLEASE HELP I got my tax refund sent to netspend they have a fee for everything 1.00 if I run as credit 2.00 if I run as debit... 4.95 plus atm fee for a with draw at a international atm.. I have no idea what an international atm is.. 2.95 plus atm fee if I use a domestic atm.. again don't know the difference and cant find it online... it cost me just to speak to a representative.. I just want to take all money off the cheapest way possible.. PLEASE HELP ME.. I have always went through TurboTax and the cards I jave recieved have been fair this one is crazy I feel like it should be illegal what they are doing to me.. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!! There are so many that are freenor have very small fees... I don't know what to do. I didn't pick the card its just the one rhey sent me this year.. I feel like I am being STOLEN from. This is not right if anyone knows the cheapest way to get my money off PLEASE let me know!!! Also if u know the difference between international and domestic ATMS also help me.. I feel I am being robbed.. any help appreciated.. Thank you
 5th of Mar, 2015 by   iiihhh 0 Votes
fuck netspend they are full of shit I called and talk to them 4 hour's on the phone no said my money was there the lady did my last name wrong on my account so that Friday they send my money back the next day I called sat they lady said it was here Friday but we sent it back was on the ohone for two hours the lady said she talked to her boss they found my check and i will have it in the morning wel i had court for my son trial case had to pay my attorney was able after she made that promise my money would be there...I LOST ALL RIGHT TO MY SON no right nothing BECUASE I HAD TO GO TO TRAIL ON MY OWN BECAUSE NETSPENDS FUCKED UP MY CHECK ON THERE END..

How to Avoid Investment Scams