Maytag Quiet Series 300 / Dishwasher

Posted:

Won't clean dishes!

3.75
Maytag Quiet Series 300
I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.

Complaint comments Comments (282) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

13th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Looking online to find replacements for the upper dish basket - the thing broke a year ago and every so often the side slides move and the whole thing crashes on the dishes below. Same problem with cleaning dishes (auto works the best) in the front, wondered what was happening with the soap drawer as half the time the soap is just clumped, and for the past few months the food isn't draining out to the garbage disposer. This is the stuff that ends up on the dishes. After 4 years I'm thinking of just buying a new one, not hassling with this and getting the repairman back out. The installers took 20 minutes and were done, back out for level problems and just getting the door open.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
us too. the door latch, bad washes, and now it makes a lot of noise and then shuts down.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've owned a lot of Maytag products over the years and this dishwasher worked fine for a couple years. Now I am having all kinds of problems..same as everyone else. Too noisy, takes too long. I could live with that but now it doesn't clean the dishes; I have to prewash everything and they look dirtier when they come out! Soap dispenser doesn't open; when it does, the soap is still in it no matter what kind I use. Upper rack broke, but my husband put in screws and nuts and have not had a problem since. (The first and second time it broke we had ordered the replacement parts--plastic junk.) I had a Kenmore previously and it lasted years and years and did a good job. The only reason I changed was because the racks had rusted and to buy two new ones was almost as much as getting a whole new washer. Don't think I will buy another Maytag. I'm in if there is a class action suit. Tired of the frustration. Now I have to buy another dishwasher...:>(
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have the Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher - - I agree it's a piece of junk - quiet doesn't come in to it - it's so noisy and yep - you guessed it - it doesn't clean dishes!
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
We too have a Maytag Quiet Series 300. It wasn't even used for about the first year shile we finished building. It has now been repaired about 10 times (all after the waranty) and doesn't clean. It takes way to long to run a cycle and does nothing but waste water and electricity. I also will never buy Maytag again.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wish I would have done my research prior to buying this dishwasher. With the Maytag name, didn't think I needed to. Boy was I wrong. We have had many problems with dishes coming out dirty. Worst dishwasher we have ever owned. The kind of soap used has an affect, but none work very well. Won't be buying a Maytag again that's for sure.
 28th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hi,

My Maytag dishwasher has the same problem with the rack wheels. The problem is so common that there is a guy on line selling a better replacement part! See http://www.indestructibleparts.com. The parts are "indestructible". I wish someone would make a complete dishwasher from parts like these, we'd only need one for a lifetime!
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Maytag/two Oven Free Standing Range - POOR PRODUCT
Las Vegas
Nevada

PURCHASE A GAS RANGE FROM MAYTAG /TWO OVEN GEMINI.THE TOP BURNER BLEW OUT BECAUSE OF WATER SPILL REFUSE TO REPAIR EVEN THOU HAD EXTENDED WARRANTY ONLY HAD STOVE FOR TWO YEARS .PRODUCT SHOULD HAD BEEN EQUIPED TO HANDLE THIS KIND OF BREAKAGE OR MADE BETTER.DIDNT STAND BY THEIR NAME .I REALLY LOVED THIS STOVE
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree with these complaints. I bought my 300 series dishwasher 2 years ago from Rosa's in Buffalo. The display is flashing 9 on the screen and it comes on and off automatically, and when I start a wash cycle it will switch over to the rinse cycle withing minutes of starting. The rinse cycle dosen't work anymore when you press the button. The dishes come out dirty unless I use a large amount of rinse aid, cascade detergent and basically pre-handwash any visible food off the dishes. I called the customer service line and they told me to cut the power to it to reset the computer. I tried that and the rinse button still does not work. I called back customer service and told them that resetting the computer did not fix the problem. Since my warranty expired a year ago they agreed to pay for the parts as long as I pay for the labor.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I also have the Quiet series 300 .. I think the model # is the 8600 ... Most of the time it's anything but quiet and I was having a problem with sediment on the dishes after a cycle.

One thing that really helped get rid of the sediment on the dishes was installing an air gap (around $10) on the sink which prevents the discarded dishwater (and sewage due to a backed up sink) from back flowing into the dishwasher.

I was told that it's a requirement for all restaurants because of sanitation reasons, and now that I've installed one I realize that my water must have been backing up in my dishwasher sometimes ... Disgusting!!

Anyway I installed it and it's been working good for some time, but recently the problem came back so I'm suspecting one of the 4 or 5 filters that are built into the dishwasher. I noticed that some of the sprayer arm's holes were clogged.

I don't want to promise anything, but if cleaning the filters worked I'll let everyone know.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow! I thought it was just our bad luck or something. We have the Quiet Series 300 too, and it has never worked properly. We have dealt with it not washing dishes, depositing disgusting stuff all over the dishes, a broken door latch, and now the control panel is dead - it won't start at all. We bought it in 2007 and it was professionally installed by our plumber. I am so upset at the amount of time, money and stress that has gone into this piece of junk. I found this site, while looking for a possible fix for our latest problem. I now think I will just replace it completely with a non-Maytag dishwasher, and drop this one off of a very tall building.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
We too bought Maytag Quite Series 300 6 years ago. It has never worked properly and every repairman could not figure it out. We just gave up and figured we got the shaft. If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit please let me know.

We will never buy another Maytag appliance.
 16th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Oh man! Do I wish we had read up on this before buying this dishwasher. I have never liked it as it doesn't seem to clean as well as my other one did that we had for years. We've only had this one since last July, not quite a year. Now it's often really noisy and last night the control panel got stuck and won't do anything -- won't run, won't turn off, nothing. My husband even turned the circuit breaker off to try and shock it into doing something. No go!!

Doesn't even sound like it's worth putting out the money to have it fixed. Has anyone figured out what can be done with the control panel?
 21st of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have had all these problems with the dishwasher, The cleaning part we fixed by running a cup full of vinigar in the top rack and ran empty 2 times then it started to clean again like when it was new. We now have both racks rusting out and faling apart in 2.5 years and no model decal so I can't look up parts to order the racks! I will never buy one again:(
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Maytag - bad parts
Maytag
1060 N Hampton Dr NE
Grand Rapids
Michigan
Phone: 616 458 4953

The plastic parts that makes the washer spin has broken twice even with proper loading of the clothes. The clothes have been loaded according to instructions. The dryer part that makes the dryer go on when you shut the door broke.(plastic of course). The dish washer basket has rusted away. In the mean time the rust has made rust marks on my dishes. I also have the stove, knock on wood nothing so far. I have too laugh about the Maytag man on TV with nothing to do. I could keep him busy!
 9th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Ditto Ditto Ditto... This thing is JUNK! I am a self proclaimed expert of all things mechanical... I think it ran out of magic pixie dust because that is the only way you are going to get this thing to wash dishes.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I agree on the dishwasher problems. Mine is a piece of junk. I always owned Maytag but the last purchases on washer and dryer and now the dishwasher shows me that Maytag is not the quality company they once were. The racks are cheap and all the prongs broke off. Rust on the remaining prongs. Now the darn thing won't clean either the upper or lower racks. I've tried everything. Took apart the thing and cleaned the filters thoroughly, etc. I have soft water and the heat is on full blast for the hot water heater. Still the dishes come out filthy. Never again will I buy or recommend Maytag. I hope they go out of business where they belong with all the other dead corporate giants.

Steve Anton
 9th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
they are gone. Somo other company bought them. I for get which but it is a big name brand.
It may be possible to fix or hack new parts into the control panel. The question is: is it worth it? Buy the cheap Hotpoint with buttons on the left and a dial on the right. Works Great and very few parts
Sim
 15th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
ha, I just came across this board when searching for a Maytag parts online store because my dishwasher needs a new silverware container. I completely agree at the dismal performance of this new dishwasher (ours is about 2 years old). We bought this new Maytag when our other, 14 year old Maytag finally died (though ironically, even when we replaced it, it was cleaning better than the new 300 does!) because we were so happy with the performance over the many years. Additionally, we have been very happy with our "old" washer and dryer that (knock-on-wood) still are going great.

Well, now I know I will NEVER buy another Maytag again. This machine doesn't clean, the racks are broken/breaking, the silverware container is totallly broken, and did I mention that it doesn't clean? I will give it a little credit that it is quieter than my last one.

A
 4th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow I thought I was the only one! I bought it because it said Maytag, and that used to mean something. Man how I wish I had done some research, I almost always do, but this was MAYTAG!!

I can not believe how dirty the dishes are that come out of this thing. I was just now surfing to find an answer, and I guess I just got it! Never again!

I am very interested in a class action lawsuit too. Any info on it?

Maytag Logo Maytag