logo

3. (14 mins ago)
Travelocity
Scam and cheating!
4. (27 mins ago)
Market Traders Institute (MTI)
Fraudulous marketing and false guarantee
5. (33 mins ago)

Posted:    sjd1950

Maytag centennial washer

maytag
Maine
I recently purchased a new maytag centennial washer and dryer, this is, by far, the worst washing machine i have ever owned. The only difference in the clothes from when they go in until they comne out is that they are wet, not clean, just wet! This washer is 6 weeks old. Today i took my clothes to a laundromat just to be sure it wasn't my imagination, and for the first time in 6 weeks my clothes are clean! Little stains that my previous, 10 year old, washer got out easily do not even fade in this washer, even when stain treated. It also chooses the amount of water necessary for that load. It is barely enough to get the clothes wet! I have to stand there and keep opening the top so that it will add more water. I hate this thing. Do not buy it if you are looking for good value for your hard earned money.
Comments United States Washing Machines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2008 by   Carol Bassani 0 Votes

Maytag - Piece of junk!
2 Kroghs Lane
Sparta
New Jersey
Phone: 973-827-9243

B9ught this lemon just a little over a year ago. Flashing lights on panel board. Ice flap works all by itself, non-stop. No ice, no water, no service, no repairman, absolutely no help from Maytag. Paid just near $3, 000.00 for this wonderful appliance. DO NOT purchase MAYTAG.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by   H.William Winston 0 Votes

Maytag - Internet price
H. William Winston
14600 Glen Eden Drive
Naples
Florida
Phone: 239-594-9483

My renewal bill was for $85 +$5.10 tax for a total of $90.10. I chose your offer to pay at your website where I was charged $90.10 + $5.41 tax for a total of $95.51.
Please reduce the total price to $90.10.

Bill Winston

Order #5411966
 15th of May, 2008 by   Kimmer 0 Votes

Maytag - Terrible quality product!
Maytag

We have had our refrigerator for about a year and half and now we are facing the same problems so many of you out there are having. Ice door flapping and all lights flashing on and off. This really bites when you spend good money and maytag refuses to do a recall on a very faulty piece.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by   Gail 0 Votes

Maytag - Scam and cheating
www.maytag.com

I have a Maytag Gas Range Model # MGRH752BDG. Code 27450 It is nearly impossible to keep clean. SOS pads are necessary to scrub the top and burner service. It needs cast iron grates. I have tried to purchase these but they are not available. Design is very poor.
 19th of Mar, 2009 by   James Brochtrup 0 Votes

Maytag - Refrigerater Fire
James Brochtrup
1302 Kellner St
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
Phone: 920-682-4385
jwbrochtrup@yahoo.com

Refg. started on fire June 1st 2006. Paid $109 to get it fixed. At the time tried to get Maytag to reinburse me but they would not.
Now they have a recall and replaced the same exact part on the recall fix and still will not pay for the fire fix. Sincerly J Brochtrup
 19th of May, 2009 by   David 0 Votes

Maytag - Blinking Lights Flapping
dabomerritt@yahoo.com
Memphis

Same as SO many complaints here. Flashing lights on the control panel...dispenser flapping...ice maker not strong enough to break ice. I have 45 days left on warranty. I HOPE I can get this resolved. Has ANYONE gotten this fixed? THANKS!
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   onerunner3 0 Votes

Maytag - freezer on bootom refrigerator
Saint Charles
Missouri

3 year old maytag refrigerator has a bad defrost part for the freezer. Ice builds up on the back of the freezer and the frig stops cooling. Clearly a defective product. I have read this in many places now. Too late for us but new buyers beware!
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   Hip 0 Votes

Maytag - They suck
maytag.com

I remodeled my whole home with maytag appliances in 2002. They all suck!! I have had nothing but problems with all of them (washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave and Oven.)

I would not recommend them.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   bbkd06 0 Votes

Maytag - Maytag Quiet Series 300
California

I bought the Maytag Quiet Series 300 about a year ago and it wouldnt clean any dishes except when i pushed all the buttons for the heated dry, sanatize, rinse, etc... then i finally got the dishes clean, 2 HOURS LATER!! It is pretty loud when it is running. I will never buy maytag again!
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   ken braden 0 Votes

Maytag - overheating/malfunction
Maytag (sold at Lowes)
Kentucky

Relay switch on side by side Maytag performa refrigerator, model PSD262LHEZ, ser# 50067825GG is malfunctioning causing the compressor to become to hot to touch. The unit unthaws and refreezes and now has stopped working. Maytag has a recall on same year and type of unit, however they tell me my unit s not covered.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   LisaN +1 Votes
We have a similar machine that broke down 6 weeks after purchse. We are totally disgusted.
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   more junk 0 Votes
We purchased the same pair and have the same low water problem and clothes that aren't clean . One of the machines also likes to shrink clothes that have previously been laundered. Just another American company making crap outside the USA and selling it here.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   barefooted1 0 Votes
I also have the misfortune of owning a Maytag Centennial Washer. After two and a half months of service it decided to stop filling with water. I called for a warranty service, the repairman came, checked it over and replaced the water sensor in the panel. I washed 1/2 dozen or so loads and what do you know? The washer did not want to fill up anymore. I called for a second warranty repair (this was the same week!). The repairman came, went over the machine carefully, tested parts, connections, wiring and such, replaced the same water sensor. The machine worked again for a grand total of 4 loads this time before the same problem recurred. Now the one year warranty states that after the completion of three service calls they will either refund or replace a defective machine if the calls are for the same recurring problem. It took them almost three weeks to send another repairman, who looked the machine over, did everything the other repairmen had done, replaced the SAME sensor and left. ONE LOAD later, I called him back and told him the washer would not fill, same problem, same recurrence. Then I also called Maytag's customer service line and said ok, this is what is happening. They called the repairman, had him return to my home, call in to their repair people, checked this, checked that, pulled the housing off the machine and went over the parts inside, put it back together and the best they could say was that my washer and stove were plugged into the same heavy duty surge protected outlet. (?) The upshot is my GAS stove is NOT electronic and the only power it pulls goes to the clock. When my electrician stopped laughing he placed a call to Maytag only to be told he was not "authorized" to give an opinion on the matter. Still fighting with them. This is my first maytag and will probably be my last. Good Luck.
 2nd of Aug, 2011 by   disgruntled former Maytag fan +2 Votes
I bought a Maytag Centennial Washer less than a month ago. It did TWO LOADS before it would not function as a washing machine, just a noisy nuisance. I tried to return it to Home Depot but they would not take it back, saying they'd just have a broken machine. I called Maytag and they arranged for a repair man to come out. He arrived here today in his Jaguar (I couldn't make this stuff up) and told me, "What do you expect. It's made in China. " He said that the computer board needed to be replaced as well as the lid lock. Once these parts arrive in about a week, he said he would then be able to diagnose any other problems the machine might have. I asked him if there was a new washer I could buy that didn't use a computer board but that was dependable. He told me to get a Speed Queen. Wish I had known that before I threw my money away on this piece of crap!
 16th of Aug, 2011 by   Darlene Peragallo +1 Votes
In 10 days I have had 2 Centennial washers, both with the same problem. The noise and no agitation with the first. The second had the same horrible noise and washed my clothes for l hour and 30 minutes before rinsing. This machine is garbage and hopefully will return this one and get a much better machine (not a Maytag).
 7th of Nov, 2011 by   ANNA BRADLEY 0 Votes

Maytag - WASHER SHAKES ALL THE TIME
MAYTAG
Sacramento
California
Phone: 916-925-7924

I PURCHASED A MAYTAG MODEL NUMBER MVWC6E5WW0 TWO YEARS AGO AND IT HAS ALWAYS VIBRATED AND SHOOK ALL OVER IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO ABOUT IT. I HAVE NEVER HAD A WASHER DO THIS.
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   Gamelde 0 Votes

Maytag - Maytag would rather keep repairing then replacing the unit
Maytag

I have a new maytag washer. It has broken down twice in the last two months!! I am a mother of four!! Maytag will not give me any more laundromat money. Maytag would rather keep repairing then replacing the unit!!
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   Ramelle 0 Votes
@ Tammy - Why don't you get your BF to work for his nookie? Or is he not that kind of handyman?
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   Rejy 0 Votes
I absolutely hat my Maytag washer. It has not worked right from day one. From the comments I have just read, A lot of people have had the same problem. Mine does not put near enough water in to wash the clothes. I have even opened the lid after the clothes have been washing for a few minutes and some parts of the clothes are still above the water level. My clothes seem to not get clean most times. I use the high priced Tide detergent so it is not that. I am sick to death. I have had several conversations with the Maytag customer service. It was like talking to a robot. She just kept implying it was only me who was having a problem. All she could do was suggest I call a repairman. I think the Maytag company should refund our total purchase price so we can buy a washer that actually works. I am so angry at this point. Does anyone know where to go next?
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   Rejy 0 Votes
I just talked to yet another "robot" type customer service person. I am still being told that I don't know how to use a washing machine. I am 63 years old and have done a few loads of washing. I have been going round and round with first Lowes and then Maytag since the washer was 1 month old. I kept being told that there had been no complaints about the washer. Now I find this website and see that there are a lot more people in the same boat. After 3 repairs the washer is still crap. This time I asked for the number of the corporate office and was told there wasn't one. Well guess what! I found it. 1-269-923-5000. The girl I talked to tried to tell me that they had no complaints that had not been resolved. I tried to be nice and not call her a liar. I just told her that she had been lied to and read her some of the complaints on this page. I also told her that I didn't see how Maytag could actually call this thing a washer because it didn't actually wash the clothes. When I got my new Maytag I gave my 12 year old Sears washer to my mother. It is still actually WASHING her clothes. That is a lot more than I can say for this POS Maytag.

How to Avoid Investment Scams