Posted:

Maytag centennial washer

maytag
Maine
I recently purchased a new maytag centennial washer and dryer, this is, by far, the worst washing machine i have ever owned. The only difference in the clothes from when they go in until they comne out is that they are wet, not clean, just wet! This washer is 6 weeks old. Today i took my clothes to a laundromat just to be sure it wasn't my imagination, and for the first time in 6 weeks my clothes are clean! Little stains that my previous, 10 year old, washer got out easily do not even fade in this washer, even when stain treated. It also chooses the amount of water necessary for that load. It is barely enough to get the clothes wet! I have to stand there and keep opening the top so that it will add more water. I hate this thing. Do not buy it if you are looking for good value for your hard earned money.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Washing Machines
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Maytag - French door fridge!

The fridge stopped cooling at just two years old. We spent a total of an hour and half on hold with Maytag trying to get parts but no one answered. We finally purchased the parts from another distributor. We replaced the control panel and it worked for all of 2 hours. For 2800 I would expect the fridge to last longer than 2 years. Oh and the water line continually freezes up!

Very poor quality product!
 28th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
My Ice 2 /o is about 15 mos. old to date I have had 3 parts replaced. Now they have to come back Tues. because the water dispenser is STILL leaking. Not dripping, LEAKING!! They replaced same part last Wed. Meanwhile my life is on hold waiting to see what is going to go next. Maytag SUCKS!! I have already had to stay home 6 times and wait for the repairman to come. Tues. will be the 7th. And I don't know what part they need, but I'll just bet he doesn't have it with him and I'll wait yet again! Thank God, I don't apartently have a life!! This was a costly POS! Doesn't seem like Maytag really gives a crap about the consumers!!! NEVER again will I buy Maytag or Whirlpool!!
 10th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Maytag washing machine bad quality
www.maytag.com

Maytag washer less than 1 year old has been fixed three times all related to drum bearings and braking system.
 10th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Piece of junk!
2 Kroghs Lane
Sparta
New Jersey
Phone: 973-827-9243

B9ught this lemon just a little over a year ago. Flashing lights on panel board. Ice flap works all by itself, non-stop. No ice, no water, no service, no repairman, absolutely no help from Maytag. Paid just near $3, 000.00 for this wonderful appliance. DO NOT purchase MAYTAG.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Internet price
H. William Winston
14600 Glen Eden Drive
Naples
Florida
Phone: 239-594-9483

My renewal bill was for $85 +$5.10 tax for a total of $90.10. I chose your offer to pay at your website where I was charged $90.10 + $5.41 tax for a total of $95.51.
Please reduce the total price to $90.10.

Bill Winston

Order #5411966
 15th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Terrible quality product!
Maytag

We have had our refrigerator for about a year and half and now we are facing the same problems so many of you out there are having. Ice door flapping and all lights flashing on and off. This really bites when you spend good money and maytag refuses to do a recall on a very faulty piece.
 30th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have a 10 year old Maytag dishwasher that quit working. I called the appliance repair person who replaced wires inside the machine that had melted together, He said that it had been originally wired incorrectly and he sees this often. Most people just go buy a new dishwasher. I paid approx $110 for a repair. I think this is a planned obsolescence. That is a fraudulent business practice.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS ON DIFF WEBSITES ABT. MAYTAG . WHY DID I NOT DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE I BOUGHT THE WASHER. IN MY HASTE TO SPITE SEARS WHI I HAD WORKED FOR 33 YEARS I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE AMYTAG. NOT TWO YEARS OLD AND ALREADY IS TROUBLE. GUESS WHAT PEOPLE THEY USE A&E SERVICE &REPAIR. THEY ARE SEARS!!! I WOULD NOT LET SEARS TOUCH ANYTHING I HAVE. I WORKED FOR SERVICE FOR 13 YEARS. I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK. THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE AND HAVE NUMEROUS PARTS DELAYS. MY FIRST WASHER A GE LASTED 20 YEARS, THE SECOND A KENMORE LASTED 15 YEARS, THE THIRD A KENMORE LASTED THE FOURTH A KENMORE LASTED 10 YEARS. NOW THIS MAYTAG IS LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD.
IT STANDS TO REASON, NO ONE IS BUILDING A MACHINE THAT LASTS AS LONG AS THEY USE TO, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I WAS SO BRAINWASHED BY THE MAYTAG COMMERCIALS THAT WHEN I DECIDED TO SWITCH BRANDS I PROBABLY MADE THE WORST CHOICE OF ALL. NEVER AGAIN.
FROM THE THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS I SEE ON THE WEB, I AM NOT ALONE.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Scam and cheating
www.maytag.com

I have a Maytag Gas Range Model # MGRH752BDG. Code 27450 It is nearly impossible to keep clean. SOS pads are necessary to scrub the top and burner service. It needs cast iron grates. I have tried to purchase these but they are not available. Design is very poor.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Clothe dryer
Home Depot/ Maytag
94 Oak Ridge Dr.
Orangeville
Canada
Phone: 519-940-9166

Just over four years ago we purchased a Maytag clothe dryer from Home Depot. Since then we had the Maytag repairman in to fix the dryer at a cost of $84. How can governments allow garbage like this to be sold in Canada or the U.S.? I will never by any Maytag product again.

Also, the service at every Home Depot I have visited is abysmal.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Product failure
Maytag

My refrigerator is stainless stell (or rather should be). it has rust streaks all over the front doors. maytag representative told me to have a technician come over to determine if it is defective or environmental. if it is defective, then they would replace the doors. the technician determined it was defective, called maytag and they said too bad, they are not replacing the doors.
 19th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Refrigerater Fire
James Brochtrup
1302 Kellner St
Manitowoc
Wisconsin
Phone: 920-682-4385
jwbrochtrup@yahoo.com

Refg. started on fire June 1st 2006. Paid $109 to get it fixed. At the time tried to get Maytag to reinburse me but they would not.
Now they have a recall and replaced the same exact part on the recall fix and still will not pay for the fire fix. Sincerly J Brochtrup
 17th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Sometimer dishwasher
9802 Trumpet
Houston
Texas
Phone: 281 974 5327
robtmau@yahoo.com

Maytag dishwasher model # MDB7100AWB, serial # 27402314AE only works occassionaly. Repair technician came to house Thursday and states there is a need to replace control panel and face plate at a cost that we could use to buy a new one. What has happen to reliability of maytag products. Not complaining for we have gotten good service but when you need it the most and does not work. Thanks
 19th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Blinking Lights Flapping
dabomerritt@yahoo.com
Memphis

Same as SO many complaints here. Flashing lights on the control panel...dispenser flapping...ice maker not strong enough to break ice. I have 45 days left on warranty. I HOPE I can get this resolved. Has ANYONE gotten this fixed? THANKS!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree, the Home Depot service is just a horrible. I bought a washing machine, Maytag, from them on clearance under the impression it was in good working order. It was not. I specifically asked if the washer worked and why it was on clearance and I was told because they just wanted to get it off the floor. Well, when it arrived in my home it did not work!!! not even once. I have had to deal with Maytag directly because Home Depot washed their hands of this... Maytag is antoher nightmare!!!
 18th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Worthless Maytag

I have The Maytag Quiet Series 300, and it is the absolute worse dishwasher I have ever seen. The control panel went out just after the warranty expired, I called the company, requesting they send me a replacement part, they refused however they offered a 10% off coupon for another Maytag appliance. 10% off another piece of crap, I'll pass. My family and I have decided to never purchase Maytag again, or any affiliate of Maytag.
 18th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - freezer on bootom refrigerator
Saint Charles
Missouri

3 year old maytag refrigerator has a bad defrost part for the freezer. Ice builds up on the back of the freezer and the frig stops cooling. Clearly a defective product. I have read this in many places now. Too late for us but new buyers beware!
 5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Leaking diswasher
Maytag

After 2-1/2 months, dishwasher started to leak from bottom right. Seven service calls later (and 35 waiting hours, 25 phone calls) and we are going to have to replace it. Maytag will not reimburse us for the cost of installing a new dishwasher. NEVER buy a Maytag appliance.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
We also bought a new Whirlpool diswasher early-mid 2008. With all new dishwasher sales, there used to be a part that was included (I think it is the water intake valve). From what I understand, ALL the newer dishwashers being sold - no longer come with this part. From what I understand, it is a part that you can purchased at your local Menards etc... I think it is wrong not to include a major part that makes the dishwasher operate correctly.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
My Maytag dishwasher was a piece of junk from Day #1! I purchased the model with three racks. During the first month the plastic parts designed to support the upright dishes fell off...but the end of the first year I had a collection of more than 10 pieces that had fallen off. My husband had to use plastic ties to try to hold them in place. Then the wheels supporting the middle rack broke...should have cost $3 for a wheel but Maytag doesn't sell them that way...wanted $130 to replace the entire rack. Again my husband jury-rigged the rack so that it would work by using parts out of a toilet! I always thought Maytag was a top-notch company, but no more...never again...Maytag is gone from my appliance choice list forever!

Maytag Logo Maytag