logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Match.com Complaints & Reviews - Cancellation impossible!

Match.com Contacts & Informations

Match.com

Posted:    Drgnlilli

Cancellation impossible!

I have been trying for over 2 weeks to cancel my subscription to Match.com with AOL.. there is no way to contact them. Their contact page only gives you options of cancelling or signing up for AOL and has nothing to do with Match.com

Also, I signed up 1 month ago and clicked on try 5 free days... instead my account was charged the approximately $30.00,,, because I gave up trying to figure out how to reach them, I stuck with it for the 30 days.

What a rip off... If I'm charged for another month, I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau.

JD
Comments United States Family & Relationships
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2007 by   Vicki 0 Votes
I signed up for a one-month subscription, checked do not renew automatically and unsubscribed well before the month was over. At the end of the month I checked and they had taken the access from my account. 2 days later a charge hit my bank account and resulted in a $20 overdraft fee. I e-mailed them that they had charged me in error and they refuse to refund the money.
 20th of Feb, 2007 by   Catt 0 Votes
Yes, all these dating services are all full of crap.

Claims you will meet someone and you never do, but still they take your money!
 19th of Mar, 2007 by   ZSM 0 Votes
Match.com is a horrible company. They sucker you with a "guarantee" and then stick you with a renewal.
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   elisa 0 Votes
I've had a horrible experience with match.com, too. I checked DO NOT AUTO RENEW and yet they renewed me and charged my credit card - never notified me when the subscription was due to renew, and now they will refund only half of the money. They are total robbers.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   Anne 0 Votes
Call your credit card company and file a complaint with them and let them know you were dissatisfied with their service and product. Ask them to stop the charges. match.com removed my profile and I cannot access it anymore (who cares) but I did get my money back through American Express. I have been reading more and more about the scam/extremely poor customer service that this site appears to be. I think it's gotten worse over the years. I've met a few nice people this way, BUT I believe they have false profiles on there, and I've had e-mails from people on there and then when I write back there is NOTHING in return. I wonder if anyone as sent their complaints to Dr. Phil since his name is all over their site. I hope his folks are reading about the number of dissatisfied customer that are out there. I've seen thousands of complaints after doing a little investigating.
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   William ferguson 0 Votes
How do i cancell Match.com
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
To Anyone Planning on Using Match.com, they will automatically keep billing your crdeit card, after it says you only want one month. BE CAREFUL its A SCAM!!!
 8th of Nov, 2008 by   Dave 0 Votes
Having been a subcriber on and off for years, I am now certain that they ignore it if you initially specify a preference not to auto-renew. I don't know what the trick is, but it seems like you can only turn off auto-renew after you've already been through an auto-renew that you didn't catch at the precise time they flipped it back on for you. Something screwy happens, in any event.

And their customer service is simply horrendous. They will send you a form letter back, with a best guess at what they think you wrote them about based on keywords you may have used. I work with customer support software and help desks for a living, and their responses are some of the worst I've ever seen.

It is unfortunate that they are the largest non-free dating site, as you are going to get a wider pool of people here than other sites. But avoid it unless you're desperate. I suppose that brings up another problem---all of us on Match are either sincere but desperate (shy and don't know how to meet people) or brain-dead but "like to have fun" and just think every interaction is part of some game.
 9th of Nov, 2008 by   Disappointed Match.com User 0 Votes
I had a nightmare experience with them just this week. I paid for a six-month membership Friday. Everything worked fine and I was even communicating with someone, then Saturday, just yesterday, they blocked me and referred me to the "executive team." They said they would not tell me why unless sent a subpoena by my attorney. What! I am a regular guy, have never done anything wrong, ever. I found another web page where many users complained of the same thing, and if I had read those complaints before it happened to me, would have though they were crazy. This company is horrible, very poor customer "service" and whatever is going on with blocking people without any explanation, and now presented with a fight to get my money back. Unbelievable
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Frustrated and Angry 0 Votes
This place reeks with fraud. I have contacted my bank to see what recourse I have because they took money out of my account after I cancelled my subscription. I have not authorized this withdrawal nor any future ones from this company. I am waiting to hear from the bank. If I have to change account numbers to stop these robbers, I will do so.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Alexa 0 Votes
I did the same thing! I tried to join match and then cancel the account. So instead I joined www.imchat.com It's free so who cares about memberships and dues.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   Shyannetla 0 Votes
Any person reading this... File a complaint with your states AG office. I am going to be contacting attorneys in the next few weeks, I believe there is enough of a pool to file a class action suit.
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   Frarael30 0 Votes
I had a nightmare experience with them just this week. I paid for a six-month membership. very poor customer "service" and whatever is going on with blocking people without any explanation, and now presented with a fight to get my money back. They over charge me. terrible cancellation policy.
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   sancocho 0 Votes
I completely disagree, you we all have to read our terms of agreement whenever we purchase something online or anywhere, but since its too much we just go on ahead and agree and keep it moving, and then we want to call and say WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING CHARGING ME FOR AN AUTO RENEW, I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS. And then we want to eat up the rep over the phone who is just trying to his or her job. Thousands of people are meeting the love of their life on this site. I mean its the # one dating site for a reason. Make sure you read the terms of agreement, if not just know that for anny subscription you buy there is an auto renew at the end, all you have to do is cancel it and it is really not that har you just have to goto Account on the blue banner and select chang/cancel membership and follow the steps until the end, and I reapeat until the end when it actually says your sub in cancel...
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   j;mill 0 Votes
there 18009362824 customer service good luck best option is to cancel your credit card infor..ppl warning dont use your credit card on match they keep it indefinately...
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   j;mill 0 Votes
18009268224 correction on customer service phone number for match...
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   BrokenSally 0 Votes
I am extremely upset. I was a member over a year ago and just noticed that they have been charging me 68.97 every 3 months for at least a year... I just noticed the charge and when I called 800.326.5161 (which was on my statement) they told me they could see i never used the service, they could see it was activated with my card, but that the associated email wasnt even mine. They would only credit me 1 charge. I told them I wanted an address to send a legal certified letter for approval and they agreed to credit 1 more charge. I still plan on calling the attorney generals office, the better business bureau and my bank... $280 is a lot of money especially when they can see i have no profile!!! as soon as i recieve the credit i am cancelling this card!!!
 24th of Oct, 2012 by   Declanr4255 0 Votes
Match.com Unauthorised Reniewal Ref : 06495181JK896274S through my paypal account - - -

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW I CAN STOP THE AUTOMATIC UNAUTHORISED RENIEWAL OF NEARLY £30 PER MONTH... DOES IT GO ON FOREVER OR DO I HAVE TO CLOSE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT

THIS IS A SCAM AND PARAMOUNT TO THEFT -