logo

Equinox fitness Clubs
Unwarrented Firings
5. (14 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

rouge vally mall
Medford, Oregon
Phone: 541
macys.com
I was fired because of my clothing all i was told was to wear black and I did the girl that I was working with wore jeans and a ratty t-shirt, which is not required dress code but I was fired with no warning it is unfair and injust i dont recommend them for an employer or otherwise.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2013 by   Sales Associate - Current 0 Votes
I have worked for Macy's for 2 years. Yes there are incidents of outrageous bullying by some associates, but there are also some terrific and caring associates who work there. In truth, it is all about the associate's "Scorecard", and that comes from corporate. Yes, you need to get your credits. My job is in sales, and one thing that I am supposed to sell is the Macy's credit card. I've had weeks where I only got 1 credit, but I've also had weeks where I got 10 credits, so it all balances out. Sometimes I come in at 50% of my goal on a slow day, and sometimes I come in at 232% on a busy day, so that balances out, too. You just want to keep your scorecard above 60 points for the year and you will be OK. Also, pay attention when you open and close your registers. Just count the money correctly. When I open and close a register and I am the only person who rang on that register for the day, I usually always balance to the penny. During Christmas some registers would close short, over $100. Many associates were ringing on these registers. All transactions are recorded, and any register short over $20 is audited. It was not unusual (unfortunantly), for associates to be pulled from the floor by LP and then taken away in handcuffs by the police. Macy's shows you a video in training stating that they do not play around with theft. If you steal from them, they press charges. LP has never harassed me. I don't give them a reason to harass me. We have permission to manually override when a coupon does not work. My store is very strict about associates not ringing up their family or friends. When people have done that, yes, they are terminated. My 401K has made over a 10% return so far this year. You can choose from different mutual funds. You just have to do your research online at the Macy's 401K site and invest in the funds that are producing a good return. I make a couple of dollars per hour more than minimum wage. I am not on commission. In other words, I really do not have a lot of complaints about working for Macy's. Goodness knows, I've worked for companies a lot worse than Macy's. Maybe I'm just fortunate to be working for a good store that doesn't have the problems other stores have.
 26th of Jun, 2013 by   Anonx 0 Votes
This guy is the manager at the Montgomery Mall Macy's Home Store in Maryland. http://host-47.242.54.159.gannett.com/news/article/185984/373/More-Than-100000-Missing-From-Regional-Emmys and meanwhile hardworking and honest employees heads are rolling under his "leadership" due to his lies and dishonesty. Really Macy's? Seriously? Is this a way to run a business?
 5th of Jan, 2015 by   Jonetta Wilder 0 Votes
I worked for Macy's Macon (Georgia) and was terminated for attendance points. Haven't been late since September and hardly ever called out. My mother became sick, surviving a stroke early December, leaving her hospitalized still today. Because of my situation, I was forced to call out of work considering, I had to do some important things for with her paperwork and all. It was on the 20th of December. I also had points deducted on the 24th and 29th. I was terminated by AST and my department manger only TWO days later, when the policy is you have 14 days to adjust your attendance points. The previous week, AST spread rumors around the store to associates that she "couldn't wait to fire me" and DID SO THE FOLLOWING WEEK..Not following company's procedures, and the Store manager was aware and DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT...I don't recommend anyone to work for this company. They'll throw you under the bus and never look back...And I'm not the only associate, AST has wrongfully terminated. I will honestly convince all my clients and customers to no longer support this company.

Things You Should Never Buy Used