logo

Djchihuahua.com
Fraud
4. (18 mins ago)
Facebook
Relationship status on facebook not working
5. (20 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-12-28 by    Catherine1968

Recliners Poor Quality

Sharps Furniture Company
Washington, Pennsylvania
Purchased two Lazy Boy recliners early 2012...two months after purchase one of the recliners had to be replaced, the back left side of chair looks like a wing flapping, and the foot rest broke. September my recliner started to come apart on the left side of my chair and the stitching was coming apart on the seat cushion...I contacted the store & Lazy Boy customer service which told me that I had to deal with the store purchased from...because it was not a Lazy Boy store. That is all well and good except the store pick up persons & the factory representative agreed with the store people that, I SAT IN THE CHAIR WRONG...BECAUSE I HAD A BASKET TO MY LEFT SIDE OF THE CHAIR AND I LEANED OVER TOO OFTEN...THAT WAS WHY MY CHAIR WING BROKE. I explained to them about my husbands first chair and that he never leaned over to the left...no response. My husbands second chair has started to break once again...the inside nut and bolt broke...WAS PLASTIC...he replaced with a real metal nut and bolt and works...a little loud and his foot rest has bent down on the right side, plus the back upholstery is going flat. For $950 a chair not happy. Have had Lazy Boy in the past that have lasted over 12 years...the quality of Lazy Boy has gone down hill...using plastic parts...not a good idea!!! What has happened to the good quality of the past in Lazy Boy products...especially since they are made in America )-:>
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2013 by   Mobile me 0 Votes
Im not going to say too much about this but being a repair man on lazy boy for 23 years. I will have to say people are now getting robbed on chairs from Lazy-boy. People think they are buying a great chair. I will have to say Walmart makes a better recliner then lazy boy anyday. Lazy boy has switched from maple frames to partical board frames. They have also decided to use plastic bolts yes I said plastic bolts for there mechanisms. Back in the day I would never own anything but a lazy boy. Now you could not give me one a new one that is. We now work on about 30 lazy boys a week and sad thing is lazy boy refuses to give us a anymore steal bolts. These steal bolts they have replaced with plastic you can not purchase there special slotted bolts. Its very sad to see such a great chair go to being a american made wondeful chair to now we call the new american Lazy Made chair.

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups