logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
2. (0 mins ago)
coca cola draw in uk 2013
my mobile number has won 500,000 british pound in coca cola 2013 draw in uk
3. (3 mins ago)
Scott Citrane
This man is scammer and thief
4. (6 mins ago)
Renewal by Andersen
replacement windowns
5. (6 mins ago)
VitaMall USA
Scam, fake charge and no refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Kmart

Posted:    Jeff

Bait and switch

KMart
My name is James and I have lived in the downriver area for 2 years now, very close to the K-mart located in Woodhaven, Michigan. Every time I would drive by that store location, regardless of day or time, the parking lot always appeared near empty. I found out why today.

During my 45 minutes in the store I found one shirt for $9.99 and a bonus 7-pack of men's briefs for $8.99... when I got to the register, I was told my total was $23.19 which seemed very high since sales tax in Michigan is only 6%. I was expecting the total to be around 20 bucks and change. When I inquired what the shirt rang up for, I was told $12.99, contrary to what the sign read. I paid anyway with my credit card like a fool and started walking out of the store when I realized on the bill, the briefs had rung up at $9.99, contrary to what the sign said. I turned around and went right back intothe store to look at the signs. Sure enough, for the Davis something rayon shirt, there was a sign on the display advertising $9.99... and in very small print for the cotton Davis shirts. There were no less than 4 styles of Davis shirts on the same circular rack with one sign. A person would have to read like a hawk to see the difference. I went to the briefs display. Same thing. A sign advertising $8.99 for briefs with boxer briefs in very small print with at least 3 styles of packaged briefs in the same display. The briefs did not even have a price on them. The price of the shirt was $16.99 on the tag which brings me to my next point.

I check most every item I but to make sure it rings up correctly. EVERY CUSTOMER BAR SCANNER IN THE STORE HAS BEEN REMOVED! How convenient is that for the store?? The when I get to the register, THERE IS NOPLACE WHERE THE CUSTOMER CAN SEE THE PRICE OF THE ITEM RUNG UP! Again, I have no way of knowing what the items scan for, I am only told a total. I was so infuriated I went back to the samecustomer service kid since it was the only register open on a Saturday night in an empty store and I returned both over-charged items. Of course, being a teen, he didn't care or bother to ask why I was returning my purchases 3 minutes after I checked out with him. What a scam! No wonder nobody is shopping at that K-mart!

Trust me, I will NEVER step foot inside a K-mart again as long as I live! Think I am kidding? Just ask me about Burlington Coat Factory that stole $8.47 from me and refused to give it back to me. They lost a customer for life. That was back in 1995 and I have never stepped foot inside that store again and I never will.

I don't really care what you do about my complaint, but I am contemplating sending a copy of this e-mail to the BBB for further investigation of Bait and Switch at that K-mart, which is illegal.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Holiday Safety Tips 2009