logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (15 mins ago)
Publishers Clearing House
PCH CLAIMS THAT I PLACED ORDER WHEN SUBMITTING DAILY ENTRY PRIZEWINNER CONFIRMATION
3. (16 mins ago)
jewelry
He stole my money and gave me junk jewelry
4. (17 mins ago)
Bob Diamond Real Estate
wrongful charges
5. (48 mins ago)
Fstrials.com
Please be careful of these people, they are thieves

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Jane Worker

Abusive to Employees

King Soopers
Colorado
We are subject to Harsh Discipline.
If we forget to say "Congratulations, you have been chosen to apply for a King Soopers 123 rewards mastercard!"
We are automatically suspended.
There is favoritism toward teenagers. Teenagers do not get into trouble for talking amoungst themselves but if you are
over 30 you are expected to stay in your work area and keep working.
Or we will get in trouble.
No One deserves to be subjected to such a hostile working environment.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Dec, 2010 by   RitaB 0 Votes
I work at store 49 17000 E lliff ave in aurora as a floral manager an yes the store managers are very abusive i was forced to quit do to a hostile work environment also i was discriminated against as well, They say there company values are 1.Honesty 2.Integrity 3.Respect of others 4.Diversity 5.Safety 6.Inclusion, your voice matters, Well this is crap because I have voice memos were the store managers are telling me they were going to force me to step down. It was so bad at that store I had to record them on my cell phone every time they called me in to the office. I try to get transfer out of that store and they told me that was NOT!!! going to happn unless I step down but other managers from different depts came and went. There had been five or more other floral managers in that store be for me and from my understanding they step down. I was with king soopers for almost 2 years and I loved my job just the managers are so mean. I have taken this to the union as for now nothing yet has happn. I would also like to get a good attorney on this. I also had hurt myself n on the job n after going to the docts the work comp my store manager told me I was going to have to pay the bill. So KathyLe you are so right how these manager are. If any one out there would like to join me in this battle please feel free to e-mail me @ wuvmyhorses2@yahoo.com thank you for reading my complaint with king soopers
 15th of Jan, 2011 by   NorColo 0 Votes
Yep, sounds like this is happening at most stores. Read on and PLEASE add your own bulleted answers to the Kings Soopers motto.

1.Honesty? Really, they why do managers withhold job info from the 100+ photo lab people recently displaced? Most of the stories I hear are they should feel lucky to still have a job! Oh, I hope we hear from some from the pharmacies they are closing down to!

2.Integrity: Really? Most Store and Asst Store managers probably NEVER work a 40 hour week. They come and go as they please; taking hours for lunches and breaks is not uncommon. Also the little games play they setting up good employees, they don’t like, in stings to fire them.

3.Respect of others: Really? I’ve often heard males making off-collar comments around females knowing they are too frightened to say anything for fear of losing their job. Additionally, younger head clerks on up the chain treat older checkers and the like with the UTMOST DISRESPECT!

4.Diversity: Really? Then why do the treat older, mature workers like a disease? Managers at all levels go above and beyond to create hostile work environments so they’ll leave.

5.Safety: Really? Then why do so many stores never reach 100 accident free days? Moreover, when an employee does get hurt from faulty equipment, they are harassed into not reporting because they’ll be written up.

6.Inclusion, your voice matters is important: Really? Then why do workers get treated like crap and their jobs threatened when they speak out or up for themselves?

Another thing they do is move their favorite pets into depts that don’t have the hours, then bump, usually someone older and with more seniority out. After witnessing what I see and hear, I’m really surprised there isn’t or hasn’t been a class action suit against King Soopers for age or other discriminations aimed at (long time) employees.
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   RitaB 0 Votes
This is what I am saying I think that we should all get together an do the class action against kingsoopers if enough people get in on it the will have to do something about this problem!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   RitaB 0 Votes
Well today I had my step 2 grievance meeting with Kingsoopers. Did it do me any good? NO!! it did not .Mat Davids did not want to hear anything I had to say at one point he even rolled his eyes at me...lol I thought it was kind of funny in a way. But as the meeting went on I ask him like four different times if he would like to here the voice recordings I have of the store supervisor Roni telling me that her and the store manager were going to force me to step down and that I would have no choice and how they deny me my leave of absence. The funny part is there denying they even said any of this to me and I have it all on tape.I guess though if he would have let me play it for him he could not of taken there side on this hole thing huh.He just shook his head no and told me that they were just doing there job and that to him he seen no form of hostile work environment that he was denying my request. Dose that surprise me? NO!! Did I think it would turn out any different then it did? NO!! Do the little people ever win? NOPE!! people like this always get away with what they do no matter how much evidence you have on them to prove your case, I have it on tape, time and dates and it still did not matter. How sad is this!! Well on to step 3 now. Now its just the point of this matter of how people can get treated like that in a work place by a manager or co manager and nothing happens to them. Oh but if that was one of us little people we would have been fired. Again how sad. !!! Please if any of you out there have been were I am or are going through it now please please post you complaints with mine. thank you for reading my store.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   Store19 0 Votes
Hello
I am currently working at store 19. Where I have been harrassed and threatened. Also told by managment they did not believe me infront of the accused person. Would be interested in class action suit. Also contacting the Employee Relations/Labor Relations Department at 303-778-3100. If you have not contacted them do so. Please respond if you have any questions. Thanks
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   RitaB 0 Votes
Hi store19 I am sorry to hear that but I do know what you are going through an it sucks I will call them on monday as well thank you for the info and I just hope us little people can make a differents
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   Jane Worker 0 Votes
I feel for all of you. The time has come to expose these managers, start revealing the name of the store manager and the store where this abusive manager exists.
 19th of May, 2011 by   81005 +2 Votes
I am currently working at a king soopers in Pueblo. at my store they
have two lists. Your be on one of them sson after you are hired.
One is the KISS list and the other is the SHIT list.
The kiss list you can do what ever you want, you never get in trouble
for anything you do.
The shit list you get shited on for everything you do. You get written up
for things that someone on the kiss list won't be written up for. They mess with you all the time and nothing you do is good enought for the

WORKING FOR KING SOOPERS SUCKS
 19th of May, 2011 by   81005 0 Votes
My advice to you is shop

WALMARTS
SAVE MONEY LIVE BETTER

KINGS SOOPERS DON'TCARE CRAPABOUT IT'S EMPLOYEES
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   nightcrew77 0 Votes
10 year employee facing selective implementation of select a shifts in groc with new manager giving only one day off available when selecting then posting with the choicest days off asigned to new hires and forcing all senior crew to take split days off on night crew it is really brutal I even am in the middle if a week where every shift I selected was changed purely to save the new hires from having to work shifts on days with heavy loads.
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   sugar slave 0 Votes
My employment experience with King Soopers was brutal. They absolutely do not care about their employees at all. As a new hire I was worked to the bone, 12 and 14 hour days for the first 2 weeks, coming in early, leaving late, dealing with shady attempts at department management changing my schedule mid-week even though they KNOW they are not supposed to do that. The workload they give you NO ONE could ever live up to and they will never EVER say thank you. The workload is so heavy in fact that many of the long term employees that I spoke with found that working off the clock was easier to do than to have to hear 50 questions about why you couldn't finish on time. Trip over one of their hurdles and you will start getting "reviewed" which is technically not a write up, it's just their way of making you feel like a replaceable loser while doubling as another paper for your file which in the long one makes you look like an unprofessional screw up. I couldn't figure out if it was just the store management or what, so I asked for a transfer and I was completely shot down. I found out that the position I took became open because a 10 year employee transferred out because of the workload demands.. how I was expected to fill that in a month is beyond me but I was certainly judged and felt pushed out the door. I was basically given the ultimatum to continue to be treated like crap or walk out so I decided it was not worth the emotional hassle. No job should make you feel like they made me feel because they relentlessly try to suck the joy right out of anything you do. I'm shocked they haven't been hit with an age discrimination lawsuit, because the younger kids are treated like gold while the experienced workers are treated like absolute garbage. In every company stuff like this goes on, but I thought I had seen it all until I watched this happen to me. I thought working for a company with existing unions would be a good experience, but trust me they have their loopholes around those union requirements and they utilize them to the best of their ability. I'm sorry I ever walked through their front doors.
 17th of Sep, 2011 by   ebster 0 Votes
I agree, I was hired from the outside cxoming in and was to learn the store layout within a 30 day period. my first night on the floor there was not a manager in the store to assist me in any direction of what my duties on the floor were, so zI just kind of jumped in (it was a sink or swim situation ).
within my first two hours I was targeted and ridiculed on the floor by other workers for being Gay. then I was treated horribly for not knowing exactly where ever item went on the aisle i was assigned to work, while listen to two employees who had time in talked down to me and treated like an incompetent fool. I took the mouthing up until bresk time. I chose yto clock out and leave at that point.
I called the store the next day and complained about the incident and told it would be handled with a meeting of the over night grocery head clerk, after more hateful remarks of not know everything after only being an employee I was down talked and ridiculed, The store manager promised a meeting with my trainer( he got a ohone call) thazt was it. when I confronted the manager that was training me I was simply told to basically deal with it or ignore it. what they didnt know was I had someone come in and walk the store while i was in the receiving proccessing freight, he was walking the floor listening to every word that was going on, and taking in information about how i didnt get it and that how hard is it to sort pallets I personally will be looking for other ex or present employees working in a hostile work environmet to file a law suit on grounds of discrimination of sexual preference and also being told to basically deal with the rude outlandish comments and physically jestures and being told that things would be resolved in person by upper management to control the situaition which was not followed through as personally promised. I will go to all means to make sure employees of anytime within the company is treated with respect and not be treated as I was and that there diversity program is an out landish front. I was discrimainated, verbally abused, and this needs to be brought to the attention of hirgher management and then they need to be sued and put out of business ( my experience was out of control and I personally have never worked in such a demanding yet hostile environment in all of my years of employment! if anyone would like to help out pleses post.
 19th of May, 2012 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
Act your wage.
 22nd of May, 2012 by   Jane Worker 0 Votes
The Abuse at King Soopers Continues, I would encourage you NOT to work for King Soopers since they will fire you if your ELMS Score is not 95% or above, Karen Ledbetter who is the store manager of King Soopers # 6 1750 west uintah st Colorado Springs CO is teaching other store managers how to do this. This is an awful environment to work in. King Soopers says they wish to be a prefered employer. If King Soopers truly wanted to be a preferred employer, then they would not allow tyrants to be in management.
 24th of Oct, 2012 by   RarelyComplain 0 Votes
What the heck is King Soopers? Never heard of it. Did you guys ever hear of a union? The employees at Meijers did it some time in the past. Employees seem pretty happy although prices aren't as cheap anymore. Just sayin.'
 11th of Apr, 2013 by   whyihatekings 0 Votes
King Soopers is a horrible place to work and push to get male employees promoted. I turned my management paperwork in to my store manager back in December, I've yet to recieve a phone call to set up an interview all the while a male associate who started the process much later has already recieved all of his training, interviews AND has been promoted in less than 2 months!! The company values are a joke and as my direct manager stated its not what you know, but who you know. Sorry but I'm not kissing anyones ass to get a promotion.
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   careyMary 0 Votes
King Soopers is notorious for favoritism to female staff just because they are pretty, and they are also notorious for their favoritism toward teenagers. They claim to have an "Inclusive" culture at King Soopers, They Lie. There is a girl at my store who was quickly promoted into management at my store, we all found out later that she is dating the assistant manager. I came in late for the first time in 20 years and I was given a Verbal warning while this kid named Miguel who is only 18 comes in late every day, calls in sick constantly, and when he is at work he is constantly text messaging on his cell phone, the Head Clerks see what he is doing and they don't care. Russ Dispense and Dave Savage need to know that we are serious. Perhaps it is time to take the following actions against the company which shouldn't be considered as a work stoppage. Such as, Do not answer your phone if they call you to come to work when it is your day off, Don't report for work Early if Management is calling to ask you to report for work Early, If you have Caller ID don't answer your phone when you see that it is King Soopers Calling. Flood your Union Rep with complaints about the favoritism in the stores, and if the Union doesn't do anything about that then report them to the National Labor Relations Board by visiting www.nlrb.gov, The Union is obligated to address these issues. Another recommendation is make arrangements with co workers you trust to call in sick on the same day if Management's hostile and discriminatory behavior continues. There are more of us than there are of them. Fellow Workers, Stop hating, gossiping, and trying to get each other in trouble. There is power in Numbers whether there is a Union or not. If McDonalds workers can get together and take a stand against their abusive managers then so can we. The Next call of action is to refuse to shop at any King Soopers, Make it clear that you will not spend your money at your store, Spend your money at another retailer such as Whole Foods, Safeway, Super Target, or any other food retailer. If King Soopers will not respect us as Workers, they also don't respect us as Customers and they don't deserve our money.
 16th of Jun, 2013 by   Timberwolf 0 Votes
I work at 33 under bob dicroce and have given this store everything that I am for the last 3 years he is extremely arrogant and treats people like just another number and like no one there matters because we are all replaceable. There is always so much work to do and never enough help to do it but it doesn't matter to them that we don't have the help we need. They still expect everything to be up to 100% perfection at all times or we are harassed about it. I have had my job threatened numerous amounts of times although we are under a union and I have never been in trouble not even with verbal warnings. I have never been late to work have called in maybe 3 times the whole time I have been there and even worked while extremely ill and advised not to by the doctors because the last time I called in I was told next time I had better be on my death bed. What ever happened to loyalty and respect. This is a company that we have all put everything into because we need money to live and provide for our families we look at these people with love and respect dignity and trust and they treat us like animals. I don't recall ever applying to wal mart.
 23rd of Aug, 2013 by   Kittyblack72 -1 Votes
I worked for King Soopers for over 15 years and been a checker for about 10 years. I now work at one of the King Soopers in Longmont, Colorado and been informed if I don't get my elms up to 95% I have to write a paragraph. I only had to write one and wasn't informed about this until after I got back from my vacation . I don't want to cause problems or trouble, but one of the head clerks who told me about it, wasn't friendly about and has always been rude to me. I try to tell management about her, but nothing has been done about it and I feel, cause of her bullying me around is the half cause of my elms being low. I finilly got them up, until today, which are 94.6% and they still want me to write a paragraph on how I can improve my elms and why I think they went low. I almost don't want to and about to take legal action, but I'm fear of loosing my job and no case will get solve. At this moment I feel like I'm being single out and herrass . I need some advice on what to do. Please if anyone can help me, I would be grateful.
Nicole
 29th of Aug, 2013 by   seeger49 -1 Votes
Its definately time for a revolution. Its time to wake up this sorry assed union. (who, instead, opts to 'placate' management and discourage employees from taking serious action for obvious injustices; rather than fairly representing their due-paying union members.) Because if no one speaks out then the wrongdoing will continue or intensify. They already laugh behind closed doors about our union protection and the workers grievances. And they know all the loop holes to discourage you every step of the way. Its become a long standing joke to them. The union protection will be going away within the next few ratification processes and after that you can forget having ANY comfort in the term 'job security.' You may as well be working at WalMart. So, make the best of it while you have it! Whether you have 20 years invested in the company or you're a new hire, discrimination and harrassment DO exists. Their policies of inclusion, respect, and what used to be termed 'green leadership' have recently been chucked out the window. There ARE good stores and good managers within this company. (i've seen and worked for them) and then there are the bad ones. The bad ones MUST be weeded out and removed from their positions. I mean, upper management is already prepared to jump off a building because the CEOs enforce expectations that as so fine and 'finite' that the pressure to meet these expectations are exhaustive and overwhelming. They ARE guilty of unfair business practices, just like any other retail giant. They want store level managers who laugh right along with them at anything the union tries to threaten them with. This is why the have begun to hire managers from outside the company, because the 'change' they so seek out is right around the corner. They care only about the bottom line and this needs is the priciple that needs a 'change.' This is NOT an easy job for anyone to perform on a weekly or daily basis. The hours can be long, the weight of the assignments burdening, and the stress can lead to health issues, unfair scheduling of manpower, favoritism and other assorted politics. All of these things contribute to numerous conditions that lead to members becoming 'trapped' into trying to function within hostile working environments. All i am saying is, fight for what ARE YOUR 'basic working rights.' A smile and a handshake only go so far in the placation process. Stand up and fight! While you still can. The last union contract was a total joke and all who vote 'yea' on it should be embarassed of themselves. And worried about their children's futures. A gift card as incentive to accept this crappy proposal??? What an injustice and insult! Business is business, we all know this. BUT, there IS such a thing as union protection, still lingering around here in America, and believe it or not there IS power in numbers! Whomever is totally serious about making a change, please leave information vital to seeing that these issues are resolved before they become mute. Leave website information to obtain the information one needs to resolve conflict and phone numbers as well as the ability to print out flyers that wake up all the other 'car carrying' union members who have suddenly fallen asleep or submitted to the belief that the union cannot do a thing for them anymore. Back in the day we used to call these people spineless yellow bastards, today they have become something even more dangerous...docile placaters. They 'hobnob' with the bosses and giggle away anyone else who shares a fair and inclusive philosophy about what blue collar REALLY stands for. Quit bitching, do not except the ridicule or the threats from either managers or co workers and STAND UP AND FIGHT!!! This is America, if you want something more dictatorial...work at Walmart!

Can I Afford This House?