JC Penney

Doesn't stand behind jewelry warranties

JC Penney
I have been a JCPenney customer for many years and have purchased quite a few pieces of fine jewelry. I have purchased the lifetime warranties several times, but didn't use one for sizing until 3/10. The ring I sized was yellow gold with white gold prongs or so I was told. When the ring was sized, the size was incorrect and the white gold prongs had a yellow tinge. I talked to several stores and managers and was told that the prongs were white. Over time, the prongs discolored further and I went to a reputable jewelry store to get the prongs checked. The prongs were in fact plated, but I was still within the normal return period. After much debate, the store manager finally returned the ring, but not my $65 warranty.

In May of 2010, I took certified earrings in reluctantly because one had a broken back. The store sent both earrings out and when I received them back the stones were brown! The store managers had little concern or explanation for the problem. The earrings were sent to the repair company again and came back with new backs, but longer posts that I couldn't wear. The posts were crooked and the back of the earring had holes in the metal. I had numerous manager look at theearrings and they offered to do nothing, but send them in again. I called the corporate customer care number and was never called back! I ended up taking the earrings to another jewelry store and had to spend $110 to fix their mistakes. I have a platinum card, but will never give Penneys any more money after taking $200 of mine without so much as an apology. I have always loved Kohls and they stand behind what they sell no matter what and will get my business from now on.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful?

17th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
After being a JCP credit card holder for over 40 years, I am very disappointed. I purchased a fine silver necklace and the lifetime warranty. When the chain broke, I was told I would be refunded the price I paid for the chain as it could not be fixed and they would not replace it. I am just out the price of the lifetime warranty, which is useless. Don't waste your money on the lifetime warranty as it covers nothing!

Contact Us