Posted:

This is one strange site

irenttoown.com
This is one strange site. I browsed the site and had found a way to view it for free. After a couple of web pages, it asked me for a free trial membership which I clicked yes, but when it asked me for a credit card, I opted out and tried to leave the site. It CRASHED my computer. The following night I did the same thing. I browsed the site for free and found a way to view limited pages for free. After that night, I didn't go back to the web site again. Two weeks later, my husband told me they CHARGED my credit card for monthly membership fee!?! Really?!?! HOW??!? I never entered my credit card info. After a quick research, I found their corporate info so I reported the site to BBB and the FBI Internet Fraud. BBB contacted Vertical Brands (the owner of irenttoown.com) and Vertical Brands emailed me to ask for my signature to confirm my complaint. Really?!? I am that stupid to give you my signature??!!?? I ignored the email. A month later, they charged my card again for monthly fee. BBB contacted them and as a result, Vertical Brands CALLED and left a message on my voice mail. They were very nice actually. They left me a nice message and they supposedly refunded all the charges. They prefaced that call by saying that I had to have entered my credit card info with the security code for them to have gotten that info. (Hmmm...spyware) I would never ever pay for any membership online especially when I can see the pages for free. I have NEVER EVER paid for anything online unless they are TANGIBLE purchases that get shipped to me. In any case, I harrassed them with an obnoxious email full of expletive language which i had sent to every email address I could find (or think of) related to their domain(s). I eventually got again, a very nice and polite email from their Director of Content, apologizing for the misunderstanding and said they they have fully refunded me. In the meantime... the question still sticks to my head..."It has got to be a spyware!"
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful?
More Irenttoown.com Complaints & Reviews
Irenttoown.com - Hit me up for $40

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

Irenttoown.com - They take your money and the free trail is never valid
irenttoown.com

Fake, Fake, Fake. They take your money and the free trail is never valid. You can never get a full answer for any of your questions. I would not suggest this site.
 6th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Irenttoown.com - They will continue to charge your cc even after you cancel
irenttoown.com

DO NOT SIGN UP! They will continue to charge your cc even after you cancel. I've been fighting them for 8 months with still no luck!
 8th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes

Irenttoown.com - Homes they are listing are not "real" for sale by owner or rent to own
irenttoown.com

Homes they are listing are not "real" for sale by owner or rent to own. The ones I found were all in different stages of foreclosure. BAD BAD BAD!
 5th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
These guys continue to charge my CC even after I've changed CC's. I don't know how they do it but they are charging me twice per month using a card that I had destroyed and deactivated. I have called them numerous times to stop charging my card but to no avail. I never used their services one time!
 19th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Can you please post the number that you used to contact them. I called over eight months ago to cancel and they are still charging my account.
 27th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have been charged 2 times this month for what was supposed to be a trial version. When I messaged them I wanted my money refunded, they locked me out of the website so I can't even contact them now. What the f, how am I supposed to get my money back now. Any ideas would be appreciated, as I am disabled and still fighting for my disability check. Help please

Contact Us