logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PCH
You cant register for cash prize
2. (4 mins ago)
WIN PAYMENT CENTRE
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE
5. (11 mins ago)
Awok.com
No value for customer complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Irenttoown.com Complaints & Reviews - This is one strange site

Irenttoown.com Contacts & Informations

Irenttoown.com

Posted: 2011-10-20 by    Wiolade

This is one strange site

Irenttoown.com
irenttoown.com
This is one strange site. I browsed the site and had found a way to view it for free. After a couple of web pages, it asked me for a free trial membership which I clicked yes, but when it asked me for a credit card, I opted out and tried to leave the site. It CRASHED my computer. The following night I did the same thing. I browsed the site for free and found a way to view limited pages for free. After that night, I didn't go back to the web site again. Two weeks later, my husband told me they CHARGED my credit card for monthly membership fee!?! Really?!?! HOW??!? I never entered my credit card info. After a quick research, I found their corporate info so I reported the site to BBB and the FBI Internet Fraud. BBB contacted Vertical Brands (the owner of irenttoown.com) and Vertical Brands emailed me to ask for my signature to confirm my complaint. Really?!? I am that stupid to give you my signature??!!?? I ignored the email. A month later, they charged my card again for monthly fee. BBB contacted them and as a result, Vertical Brands CALLED and left a message on my voice mail. They were very nice actually. They left me a nice message and they supposedly refunded all the charges. They prefaced that call by saying that I had to have entered my credit card info with the security code for them to have gotten that info. (Hmmm...spyware) I would never ever pay for any membership online especially when I can see the pages for free. I have NEVER EVER paid for anything online unless they are TANGIBLE purchases that get shipped to me. In any case, I harrassed them with an obnoxious email full of expletive language which i had sent to every email address I could find (or think of) related to their domain(s). I eventually got again, a very nice and polite email from their Director of Content, apologizing for the misunderstanding and said they they have fully refunded me. In the meantime... the question still sticks to my head..."It has got to be a spyware!"
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Fraud Attacking IM Chatters