logo

Humana Health Insurance

Posted: 2011-04-29 by    Reddhedd

Scam

Humana Health Insurance
Your insurance coverage details are outlined in what is called your 'certificate of coverage'. Surely you can access this from Humana's website. No, it is not available on the web. I called Humana and was told they would not send it to me. Tiffany told my husband that she could look up our plan to reference our certificate, but it would take a couple of days. This was one of many calls where we were told something different each time we called.I have Humana Healthcare from the city I retired from, and I moved to a rural area. I was able to find a doctor on the plan. He is not close to a lab and has permission to send his lab work to the Hospital two miles away, to be tested in their lab. It was catagorized as lab work only. It was a blood test on blood drawn at the doctors office... $15 co-pay and $10.00 lab work. Oh, No!! I was charged an outpatient Hospital deductible of $100.00 By Humana's definition... an Outpatient is treated at the Hospital and confined for a period of less than 23 consecutive hours. When I argued that I was never physically at the Hospital, and therefore did not fit the definition...I was told that 'My Blood, which is a part of me' was there...so I had to pay as an outpatient. My husband needed a stress test and went to a Cardiac Clinic in a Larger City that was In-Network, so we figured we were safe. Wrong! One of the employees that was on the bill, was not In-Network. This place had over a hundred employees. We have Tiffany on tape saying that it is the patient's responsibility to check each and every person, at the facility, who could possibly be involved in your treatment... prior to treatment...even if there are hundreds. It doesn't say that in the certificate either. This company makes it nearly impossible for you to find out what your coverage is, and then changes the wording in the agreement to find a way to deny coverage or get a larger deductible. My husband and I have spent countless hours dealing with this company, on more ridiculous issues than I can relate here. I do have tape and documentation, though...for every claim. We are currently in the appeal process and if The City did not have a contract with Humana, I would not use them. I definitely do not recommend them to anyone and I feel sorry for the Seniors who think Humana's Medicare Plan will help them.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Beware of Phishing Scam!