logo

Care.com
Auto billing
2. (9 mins ago)
SuperiorPowersports.com
Wont stand behind sales or product...
3. (11 mins ago)
United Auto Credit
Privacy issues
4. (15 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
5. (17 mins ago)

Honda Contacts & Informations

Honda

Posted:    redzip007

Navigation System

Latest update for Honda Navigation system (2010 Navteq) does no contain highway construction that is at least 2 years old. Company admits that the 2010 disk has 2008 data. Don't spend the $180. You will not be able to re-install your old disk, without help from the dealer. Honda did agree to reimbursement if you send the disk back.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2010 by   KC wen 0 Votes
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with...I even told Acura I would never buy another Acura vehicle since they do business with Navteq. I guess that would mean Honda too.
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   KC wen 0 Votes
Unfortunately, I spent the $180(which I should have just bought a Garmin and saved money) and the update didn't even have data that was over 2 years ago...When I called, they said I should have checked their website to make sure the address was in their system. How am I suppose to know where I am going ahead of time... that is why I have a GPS. Then they try to tell me they personally check the info, so it is delayed...I called BS...since it still tries to send me down a dead end road for the last 6 years...

I wish the media would put the info out on this scam...selling old info as an update...FRAUD!!!
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   paidtoomuch 0 Votes
I paid over $3000 for the navigation system package on my 2010 Honda CRV, and the mapping information is very out-of-date. The DVD says 2008, but I think it is older than that, at least 3 -5 years old. The buyer needs to be told up front that the navigation system is out of date before paying this kind of money. My stand-alone Nuvi Garmin for which I paid $300 was much superior. I can't even type in some street numbers that have been added in the last three years, it doesn't recognize state highways that were four-laned at least 5 years ago, has taken me off of state highways onto pig trails, etc. Honda told me to contact Alpine. Alpine told me I could buy an update (September 2009), but I refuse to put out that kind of money on a new vehicle. Consumer Reports needs to mention this issue when rating cars.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   jmuduke99 0 Votes
I just got the new 2011 navigation "upgrade" for $200. WHAT A SCAM!!! There is absolutely NOTHING about it that is updated (perhaps they added a new road in Nebraska or something). The LOW quality graphics and menu interface are the exact same as the previous version. WHAT A WASTE OF $200!!!
 8th of Nov, 2013 by   yentz 0 Votes
own an 2010 accord w/ nav. little usage of nav. am also getting error message . contacted alpine and was told they would cure all my problems if I sent them the dvd unit in trunk for a mere $358. I understand that sometimes repairs can cost a lot because there is labor costs involved. I figured I could probably buy a brand new unit for maybe a little more ! WRONG --they told me the cost of new was around $2500 !!! boy do they have a good gimmick going!! don't waste your money on the repair and buy yourself a portable gps for less than the repair cost ($350) . they are more user friendly, more up to date, and give you FREE lifetime updates

Flu Shots Not in Short Supply