logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (40 mins ago)
Orbmik Furniture
I would be careful about doing business with them.
2. (45 mins ago)
DS-MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
DS MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
3. (52 mins ago)
Vizio
Class action lawsuit
4. (59 mins ago)
Thomas Sabo Online Store.
Taking of payment no receipt of goods
5. (1 hr 0 mins ago)

Honda Contacts & Informations

Honda

Posted:    redzip007

Navigation System

Latest update for Honda Navigation system (2010 Navteq) does no contain highway construction that is at least 2 years old. Company admits that the 2010 disk has 2008 data. Don't spend the $180. You will not be able to re-install your old disk, without help from the dealer. Honda did agree to reimbursement if you send the disk back.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2010 by   KC wen 0 Votes
They are the worst company I have ever dealt with...I even told Acura I would never buy another Acura vehicle since they do business with Navteq. I guess that would mean Honda too.
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   KC wen 0 Votes
Unfortunately, I spent the $180(which I should have just bought a Garmin and saved money) and the update didn't even have data that was over 2 years ago...When I called, they said I should have checked their website to make sure the address was in their system. How am I suppose to know where I am going ahead of time... that is why I have a GPS. Then they try to tell me they personally check the info, so it is delayed...I called BS...since it still tries to send me down a dead end road for the last 6 years...

I wish the media would put the info out on this scam...selling old info as an update...FRAUD!!!
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   paidtoomuch 0 Votes
I paid over $3000 for the navigation system package on my 2010 Honda CRV, and the mapping information is very out-of-date. The DVD says 2008, but I think it is older than that, at least 3 -5 years old. The buyer needs to be told up front that the navigation system is out of date before paying this kind of money. My stand-alone Nuvi Garmin for which I paid $300 was much superior. I can't even type in some street numbers that have been added in the last three years, it doesn't recognize state highways that were four-laned at least 5 years ago, has taken me off of state highways onto pig trails, etc. Honda told me to contact Alpine. Alpine told me I could buy an update (September 2009), but I refuse to put out that kind of money on a new vehicle. Consumer Reports needs to mention this issue when rating cars.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   jmuduke99 0 Votes
I just got the new 2011 navigation "upgrade" for $200. WHAT A SCAM!!! There is absolutely NOTHING about it that is updated (perhaps they added a new road in Nebraska or something). The LOW quality graphics and menu interface are the exact same as the previous version. WHAT A WASTE OF $200!!!
 8th of Nov, 2013 by   yentz 0 Votes
own an 2010 accord w/ nav. little usage of nav. am also getting error message . contacted alpine and was told they would cure all my problems if I sent them the dvd unit in trunk for a mere $358. I understand that sometimes repairs can cost a lot because there is labor costs involved. I figured I could probably buy a brand new unit for maybe a little more ! WRONG --they told me the cost of new was around $2500 !!! boy do they have a good gimmick going!! don't waste your money on the repair and buy yourself a portable gps for less than the repair cost ($350) . they are more user friendly, more up to date, and give you FREE lifetime updates

Resolutions 2011 - Saving More