logo

Munnik Basson Dagama Inc
identity account
5. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
Leor Skin Care
They started to steal from us

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Birdman

won't honor service plan

Home depot
Derby, Connecticut
I bought a microwave from Home Depot with an extended service plan, but they will not honor it. I have the receipt and contract number, I'm trying to have my microwave replaced, but they told me the plan that they sold me is not for the microwave and is wrong.The plan is misguiding, it says complete replacement for one year ($100 to $149.99 value) for $14.99. I paid !49.00 for it But on the other hand they put the microwave in the same category as Major appliances and the fee is higher.I bought the plan because they proposed it to me and I bought it in good faith.
I'm not getting anywhere with them, the store manager tried to give me my money back with a credit, they won't cut me a check. Something is fishy. I have tried to call Home depot about the plan but get nowhere, they keep me calling in circles.
Who should I file a complaint with, The BBB?
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2009 by   purvislets 0 Votes
As far as offering you a store credit, that is unfortunately the only thing that they can do. The computers will not authorize a refund other than store credit for any purchase over 90 days old (or 30 days in some situations).

It's obvious that whoever sold you the ESP didn't know what they were doing. If I were you, I'd take the store credit refund and use it to purchase a new microwave with the correct service plan. You'll even end up with a little money on the store credit left over since the cost for the correct service plan will be less than what you paid originally.

Basically, you'd be getting the same deal you would have had if the ESP was inputted correctly: a replacement microwave.
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   Chris 0 Votes
The problem was Home depot only wanted to refund me the cost of the extended plan, that's what this complaint is all about.
I have since contacted Georgia BBB and the HD headquarter did contact me and directly resolved the problem by giving me a gift certificate for the amount of the microwave replacement. I still resent having to make phone calls after phones calls that led me in circles with no one willing to help or bother to help.
Last summer I had to use the same strategy to get a $200 refund on the purchase of a $4000 shed, installed and all. It was promised by the store but HD tried its best no to honor it by denying me with the phone calls to nowhere. By the way on both occasions the proper phone numbers to call are clearly marked on the contracts. But they choose to honor my request with changing reasons. Contacting the BBB was the best thing to do with them.
This is not the way it should be, I will shop to other stores in the future as much as possible. That's the way they want it, obviously.
thanks for the support.