logo

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Phone: 717-691-3336
hhgregg.com
07/29/2010
Went to HH Gregg to purchase new dishwasher and stove due to my current stove and dishwasher were no longer working right. Spoke with salesman and was looking at Fridge as well. He told me that the delivery charge was $69.99 and covered delivery and installation of up to 5 appliances. Looked at open box model of Fridge and salesman told me item was new and has never been used before. I bought it along with dishwasher, microwave, and Stove. The sale took a long time to put info into computer and had to have sales manager Jason Mercer come over a few times. As Randy the salesman was entering info into computer he told me that the dishwasher was not covered under $69.99 delivery fee and a separate installation fee would have to be paid. I said I would install myself. Then later in the inputs he told me that the microwave was not covered with $69.99 delivery fee. I said that I would install myself as he told me everything that came with items for an easy install. Left store with a delivery date of 7/30/2010. Took out HH Gregg card for 0% offer on all appliances. All Appliances were Frigidaire Professional Series.

07/30/2010
Fridge, Dishwasher, Stove, and microwave were delivered. The Fridge was hooked up and looked to be working fine. The stove was not however. The delivery guy and partner had dropped the stove which they didn’t tell me they dropped. Had told me a leg was missing on the stove and they should have caught that from the store. He brought microwave and dishwasher in and left stove in garage as it didn’t have a leg. The microwave and dishwasher were missing all parts needed for me to install. The dishwasher was dented on one side that wasn’t there the night before and was missing front plate and all tubes and hoses needed to install. I called the store and they put me in contact with Mary Beth. She had told me she would personally deliver the items needed to install microwave and dishwasher. She brought the items out and told me that someone would be out later to install dishwasher, microwave and stove at no cost to me. She would also credit my HH Gregg charge $100 for damage to dishwasher. Later that day got a phone call from Mary Beth saying that I would have to pay for installation charges for microwave and dishwasher and told her I would not. Hours went by and I had waited most of day for install kits for both items. She finally said they would install items for free. 9:00 p.m. Rusty and his partner came out and did installation with dishwasher and microwave with no problems. The stove however was very bad on bottom and they agreed it had been dropped. They had found stones in bottom legs of stove. When they opened up stove they found the missing leg along with a piece to fridge that was installed. They said that the 1st delivery guy must have put those in there due to the fact that the piece to the fridge was in there as well. They managed after a half an hour with plyars and a hammer to get leg back on stove because bottom of stove was messed up so bad. They were able to get stove in and installed. After they left I noticed stove was not level with counter and could not be moved because bottom was so bad.
07/31/2010
Went into store and spoke with Mary Beth and Jason Mercer. I found another stove to replace the one that was installed. Jason said it was $50 more than the one I had and I agreed with that and had stove delivery and install for next day.
08/01/2010 –Rusty Came out again with partner to remove broken stove and and install new one. No Problems. The fridge that I had bought however has not stopped running since it was put in.
08/02/2010
Spoke with Mary Beth about Fridge and she said they would replace with Brand New Fridge. And would be out on 8/03/2010 to deliver and take out old one.
08/03/2010
No Fridge new fridge no phone call, nothing waited on new fridge all day.
08/03/2010
Later that day got phone call from Repair man and they told me that me HH Gregg called them to look at Fridge.
08/04/2010
Repair man came out and said Fridge was supposed to run all the time that is what makes them efficient. I sat and spoke with him and told him that the fridge has never shut off since I had it. He told me it must have shut off and performed some more tests. He found that the temperature reading were not right with the freezer side of fridge and said he would have to order part. The part was a thermister. Told him that I would see if I could get a new fridge but order part anyway. Time frame the following Tuesday 08/10 2010 part would be in.
08/05/2010
Woke up and went down stairs Fridge was still running and water was all over floor. The temp on fridge was very high and now longer cooling. Went back to store to get new fridge and picked out floor model because that is all they would give me. Spoke with manager CJ and Randy Lighty again. He told me Fridge was new and was just an open box never been used. Set up delivery for next day to be delivered. Randy had told me he had left fridge on at my request to make sure it was working right. After 4 hours I called Randy and he stated that fridge got to temp and shut off and was working. He unplugged it and would be delivered next day.
08/05/2010
Called Ge who handles the credit card for HH Gregg. They had stated that only one item was on promotional rate of 0% for 12 months and the rest were being charged 29.99% interest. Spoke with Josh at store he said he would get it fixed. He said he sent an email to Credit Card Company.
08/06./2010
Old Fridge was taken out and new on was delivered. The delivery guys had installed fridge and after an hour fridge started to make awful noise coming from compressor and was not holding temperature as well.
08/07/2010
Went back to store HH Gregg in Mechanicsburg. I asked Jason Mercer if I could speak with him. I spoke with him and told him Fridge was not working right. He had told me that he would get me a brand new fridge next day for the same price I paid said he would take care of everything.
08/08/2010
Got a phone call from HH Gregg saying the new fridge that they got in was damaged had a dent in it. They would order me a new one and it would be delivered the next day.
08/09 2010.
Called store to make sure fridge would be out 1st thing and or after 3:00 pm. I had an appointment with a potential client and would not be home between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Spoke with Josh and he stated he would keep the delivery time between 1 and 4 p.m. be last stop. When I got home called store again to make sure delivery men did not come out yet. Josh stated they have not and would be out around 4. Got a phone call from Rusty saying he would be there around 5 or after 5. They did not show till 6:00 p.m. Delivery men started to take out old fridge when one of them called me outside to look at new fridge. The new fridge had a large dent in rear corner of fridge and they said that they would bring out a new one first thing in the morning and even marked it on paperwork. Said they would be there maybe 7:15 to 8:15 a.m.

08/10/2010
I woke up at 6:45 to get ready for delivery men. Got a voicemail from Billy stating he would be out between 4 and 7? I called him back and he told me I was the last delivery of the day and I told him I supposed to be the first. He hung up on me. He called me back and stated he lost service. Still no fridge. Billy got here after 7 and they had the same fridge with the same dent in it as the night before. Finally after calling HH Gregg many times they brought a brand new fridge out. Thank to Rusty. He was the only person at HH Gregg that was sincere.
If you decide to buy from HH Gregg you would have made the worst decision in your life. Don’t go through this and go somewhere else. You may have to pay a lil more but its well worth it.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States