logo

Impact Training
Scam and cheating
2. (1 mins ago)
ogotoshop.com
Company charged me twice for the same order
3. (28 mins ago)
loan discovery sa
stealing
4. (37 mins ago)
BN ED PLC 01312264890
money taken from account
5. (38 mins ago)
yorev.com
Moderator didn’t post my review

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    marshall98407

redbook 2009 hgtv dream home

redbook/hgtv
Washington
got a bill in the mail for $8.70 for redbook thru the 2009 hgtv dream home sweepstakes...i know better than to fall for this shit but i trusted hgtv...never again...hgtv is a scam and so is redbook...no return phone numbers to solve issues...
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2009 by   marshall98407 0 Votes
i hate getting scammed
 14th of Nov, 2011 by   mommyk 0 Votes
My husband did the same thing. I just typed in the Billing address and searched it. I went to w1.buysub.com/pubs/HR/CLG/CLG_​FAQ.jsp?lsid=... - which is Country Living magazines customer service. I punched in my husband's account number and all the info came up. Then on the left hand side of the screen it said cancel subscription and I did that. we will see what happens. Good luck.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   S. Henry; Peoria, IL 0 Votes
HGTV Magazine has problems, also. I sent in my payment for a subscription and kept getting nasty e-mails that I was ignoring their requests for payment. I sent in a copy of the check to them and still kept getting nasty e-mails. When I checked, it turned out that the company had already cashed the check. It appears that everyone has received the premier issue, but HGTV is not following up on their subscription requests. No further issues have come out. I know that HGTV is well known, but I am beginning to wonder about them.
 18th of May, 2012 by   Annoyed in Florida 0 Votes
To the Folks at the Hearst Empire:

I am interested to know why paid subscribers, like myself, were not notified that there would be no April/May issue and that June/July is "scheduled to be sent "Mid May".

I bought and paid for a subscription for myself and another for my Mom. A "reasonable person" would presume a February/March issue is followed by an April/May issue.

You have our e-mail addresses. Why request our e-mail if you can't use it to inform your customers of a delay. You use it for a lot of other things.

Now, after an hour of online searching, I have read that 3 more issues are "scheduled" for 2012. (NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -03/19/12).

So, can I expect?
1. Aug/Sept issue sent the end of July,
2. October/Nov issue sent the end of September and
3. Dec/Jan issue sent the end of November

If not, just say it is a quartly magazine and give yourselves the extra 30 days.

Annoyed in Florida