HDFC bank Credit Card

Posted:

Late fee charges

3.7
I’m using, my HDFC Credit Card from past one year. I had found Rs.4000/- Late fee charged in my statement. I was logged ‘n’ no of complaints (thru e-mail/telephone) to the HDFC Bank customer care to reverse the amount of irrelevant transaction against me. Still I could not get any response from them and not yet resolved the issue.
Complaint comments Comments (147) Complaint country India Complaint category Banks

Comments

12th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hdfc Health Credit Card - Customer harassment!
India

My mother had a health plus card from HDFC given to her as a free card because she had a saving account in HDFC. Now we got that card cancelled long back. HDFC is giving us reminders now for making payment of the service auto payment of electricity bill which we never subscribed. They are adding on late fees on the card every month. I believe such banks should be sued for harassing the customers like that.
 6th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
4000 for a late payment??? I thought the max was like 600 or something. I'm sure it's a mistake of some sort.. I've been using Citi's credit card, not too frequently, but only when I travel, and I missed my payment once, for which they charged about 350 or something.. but they reversed it cuz that was the 1st payment i missed :)
 28th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

HDFC - Threatening calls to me and my family!
India

I am a HDFC credit card account holder. I have failed to pay 300/ - Rs in my last months monthly due which was at 3300/-. I had paid 3000 but there was a due of 300/-. I received a call from the following number - 08064501854 from Ms Anitha and she told me that I don't have 300 Rs and she went on to state the following words:

"You wait and watch what I do to you. I have your residence address and you and your family just wait and watch."

I tired calling her back to speak to her manager but she picked up the calls and cut the line and threatened me each time.

Threating me and my family with dire consequences for a delay of 3 days is not acceptable and to imagine that a multi national bank can come down to the illegal resorts of physical threatening is not believable in the current world.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hi Guys ,
Pathetic service from HDFC BANK for Credit Cards dept.
Check out following mail trail for full story. I end up paying whole ammount and will not continue using that in future.

From: HDFC Bank Credit Cards Support [customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com] Sent: Fri 8/17/2007 11:31 AM
To: Bharat Sarmalkar (WI01 - Services)
Cc:
Subject: 'HBL=004-089-977' Thanks for your valuable support ...!!!!
Attachments:
View As Web Page

** This is an auto-response. The interaction is being tracked through the subject line. Please do not modify it**

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us. This auto-acknowledgement confirms the receipt of your email.

If you have raised a query, we will get back to you shortly. If you are an existing credit cardmember and have not mentioned your credit card number in your e-mail, please send us an e mail mentioning the same, to help us assist you faster.

Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days in a year for online assistance for your credit card queries at the call center numbers mentioned below.

Warm regards,

Credit Cards Team.

24 Hr Customer Support Center Numbers

Ahmedabad/ Baroda/ Rajkot/ Surat/ Ankleshwar/ Bharuch/ Gandhinagar/ Bardoli / Vapi / Bhavanagar/ Dahej/Silvassa/ Daman 079- 66004332

Bangalore / Mysore/ Mangalore 080-66224332

Kolkata /Siliguri / Durgapur 033-22104332

Mumbai 022-28564332

Pune / Jalgaon/Ahmednagar 020-66034332

Disclaimer :

The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you have erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or any accompanying document is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The organisation is not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration of the e-mail by a third party or otherwise . The contents of this message may not necessarily represent the views or policies of HDFC Bank Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: bharat.sarmalkar@wipro.com [bharat.sarmalkar@wipro.com]
Sent: Friday, Aug 17 2007 11:24AM
To: customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com [customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com]
Cc: mervin.fernandes@hdfcbank.com [mervin.fernandes@hdfcbank.com]; dominic.d'souza@in.hdfcbank.com [dominic.d'souza@in.hdfcbank.com]; Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com [Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com]
Subject: Thanks for your valuable support ...!!!!

Hi depti,

Am i suppose to explain the problem to every body in hdfcbank customer care ?

I have no issues in paying the bill. If you can check my history i have never delayed a bill. I just wanted you to confirm my exact payable amount on that occasion (25th June bill).

25th June i got a call from credit card dept. , i told him "some errors" in my statement, as per discussion with him, i made an interim payment of 1000 rs. but i didn't got any confirmation call on settlement amount from him back. i reverted on mail to Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com (you can see that in trailed mail) . No reply from her.

After all this if you still want me to pay all specified amount, let me know. I will pay that. But along with this, please deactivate this card and confirm.

I have other credit card options available.

bharat.sarmalkar@wipro.com

C|EH | CCSA | SCTA | MCSA | CompTIA Security+ Certified .

Dear Mr.Sarmalkar,

This is with reference to your e-mail regarding your card account.

We understand your concerns regarding the finance charge, we wish to inform you that in the event payment less than the total outstanding is received then finance charges is applicable. The same is mentioned in the Card Member Usage guidelines. We sincerely regret our inability to reverse the same.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please do not hesitate to contact our service representatives at any of our 24 hour Call Center telephone numbers given below.
Assuring you of our best service at all times,

Sincerely,

Depti
Customer Service Officer
Sent: Mon 8/13/2007 10:28 AM
To: customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
Cc: Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com
Hi Harsha ,
Thanks for the clarification, I will check that and revert on Issue 2) mentioned on my mail
I request you to please check history of mail and revert on Issue 1). I can def. understand the payment delayed but request you to understand why?

Do you really want me to pay this amount ? as I was waiting for confirmation from your side.

Please confirm, so that I can proceed further.

bharat.sarmalkar@wipro.com

C|EH | CCSA | SCTA | MCSA | CompTIA Security+ Certified .

Dear Mr.Sarmalkar,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is further to your e mail regarding the card account .

With reference to your e mail regarding the finance charges , we wish to inform you that in the event we are in receipt of no payment, delayed payment or payment less than the minimum amount due then late payment charges and finance charges are applicable.

We observe from our records that , we have received part payments towards the card account and hence Finance charges are billed.

We wish to inform you that charges in Foreign currencies will be converted into indian Rupees using the exchange rate established by the bank for such transactions on the date when charges are processed by the Bank or authorised agents, plus any applicable conversion commission. Amounts converted by the third parties such as airlines or other Establishments will be billed at their rates.

We wish to clarify that the International transactions are converted into Indian Rupees using the exchange rate established by the VISA International for such transaction on the date when the charges are processed by the member bank, plus any applicable conversion charges. These rates are determined by VISA for such interbank/intercountry settlement and the same would apply in addition to the bank markup rates for transactions on the credit card for international transactions. 'The Cross currency Markup' @ 3 .5% on the transaction amount is currently charged for international transactions and the same has been mentioned on the 'Schedule of charges' in the card statement.

We also take this opportunity to clarify that in the case of transactions in other foreign currencies, the transactions are converted to a globally accepted currency value (USD) and then to Indian rupees, which may result in a net difference in the charge amount, when compared to the rate arrived at using regular RBI rate.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification please feel free to contact our Customer Service Executives at any of our 24 hour Call Center telephone numbers given below.

Assuring you always the best of service.

Sincerely,

Kolkata /Siliguri / Durgapur 033-22104332
Mumbai 022-28564332
Pune / Jalgaon/Ahmednagar 020-66034332

Toll Free No:1800 425 4332

Agra / Ambala / Amritsar / Aurangabad / Bareily / Bhopal / Bhubaneshwar / Bokaro / Cuttack / Dhanabad / Guntur / Guwahati / Hissar / Jalandhar /
Jammu / Jamshedpur / Khanna / Karnal / Kolhapur / Kottayan / Kurukshetra / Ludhiana / Mathura / Meerut / Moradabad /Mapusa / Margoa /
Muzaffarpur / Nabha / Nagpur / Nasik / Palakkad / Panjim / Patiala / Patna / Ponda / Ranjchi / Rewari / Rourkela / Salem / Sangli / Sonipat / Trichur /
Trivandrum / Vasco / Vijayawada / Vizag / Yamuna Nagar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------... /> Disclaimer :
The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is
confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you have
erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify
the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this message or any
accompanying document is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The
organisation is not responsible for any damage caused by a virus or
alteration of the e-mail by a third party or otherwise . The contents of
this message may not necessarily represent the views or policies of
HDFC Bank Ltd.

Sent: Thu 8/9/2007 3:44 PM
To: customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
Cc: Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com

Hi all,

Last month statement also I have been charged extra amount, which I am not suppose to. I kept following with you and no revert on mail or on phone.

I need clarity on last two transactions mentioned in the bill of the month of July.
Card no :4346 7720 0168 3076

Issue 1)
Transaction date : 16/07
Details: Finance charges
Charges : 613.74 /-
I specifically mentioned in last mail , I don't want you to charge me extra for your faults. I am not responsible for above amount, simply I will not pay that.

Issue 2)
Transaction date : 27/06
Details: SIC 2 HK
charges : 21,143/-

Dollar rate on 27 June was 40.88 Rs. , I made a payment of 499$ . It comes to 20399.12 Rs.
Why I have been charged 743.88Rs. Extra.

If it is extra charges where it is mentioned that this extra charges are applicable.?

When i spoke to Ms. Neeta Chouhan from customer Care for clerification on above transactions she replied whatever it may be "you have to pay those extra charges as you didn't payed on time" She never tried to understand what was the reason behind that. I take that as an Irresponcible behaviour and bad service towards customer.

Am i responcible for mistakes made from you ?
Why should i pay my money for your mistakes ?

I have tried reminding or clerifying the issue from my end, if you are not reverting, I should not be responcible for extra charges. The root mistake started from you , I will not take blame for that.

Please note : If this is not solved here , i will escalate this to further level.

Revert if possible.

Sent: Mon 6/25/2007 10:54 AM
To: Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com

Hi meenakshi,

As per information, I hv already made an intrim payment of 1000 rs. , but I still to get proper settlement amount (towards extra charges , already discussed with your helpdesk personal) from hdfc bank.

I don't want u people to fine me for late payment, in next bill cycle..

From: Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com [mailto:Meenakshi.Iyer@hdfcbank.com]
Sent: Wed 6/20/2007 11:51 AM
To: bharatsarmalkar@gmail.com
Subject: Your HDFC Credit Card statements

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find attached your HDFC Credit Card Statements

(See attached file: bharat k 2.gif)(See attached file: bharat k 1.gif)

Thanks & Regards,

Meenakshi Iyer
"Disclaimer :

The information contained herein (including any accompanying documents) is
confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you have
erroneously received this message, please immediately delete it and notify
the sender. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this message or any accompanying document is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The organization is not responsible
for any damage caused by a virus or alteration of the e-mail by a third
party or otherwise .The contents of this message may not necessarily
represent the views or policies of HDFC Bank Ltd. "

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com
 11th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Comments are o.k No doubt, ATM service and s/b a/c service is good.
 20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Why are these people writing emails telling strangers how badly they are treated by other strangers. They should be writing to the Fair Trade Commission or the Attorney General. There are plenty of rules and guidelines to keep these companies from walking all over you, unless you let them. For example, if you tell them you do not want them calling you anymore by law they have to cease and desist.
 28th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

HDFC - Poor service!
India

I have recently experienced the most poor service from HDFC Credit Card Department. I got a Call from one of your executive asking me about Gold card free of cost... I said that previously also one of your executive has came to my office and collected my all the documents... But there is no feedback till date. So i asked him to transfer the call to your senior... the executive transfered the call to his senior Mis Jyoti. She told me that we don't know about anybody currently we want to complete our target so we have called u... and she also assured me that this time there will be no problem i will personally take the responsibility and will look after the your case. And then i asked her any contact number where i can contact... She gave me her personal number and told me that u can get back to me anytime. I agreed and fixed the appointment for documentation. The executive visited my office and collected all the required documents and took the sign on some papers also... and he informed me that your verification will be done within 5 days. After 15 days when there was no verification call or visit conducted i had sent an SMS to Mis Jyoti on 9960017920 saying that there is no verification done till date... I waited for 2 days but there was no feedback from Mis Jyoti...

Again i called Mis Jyoti on 9960017920 She Pick up my phone and said that i am at home and that is some age issue with your form... i told her that this thing u should have informed me before... after my words she simply disconnected his phone. I tried again two or three time she was simply disconnecting my phone... So i thought she might be at home so she will be not be able to received my call...

I called her after 11 at morning that is working hours. I called her at least 20 to 30 times but she didn't receive my call. She was simply disconnecting the call after that one of her friend received the call and what she replied was that jyoti madam is in meeting... and she disconnected the call.

After that i asked my friend to call this number from his phone... Jyoti picked up the call and when again i took the call she again disconnected my call
and that executive is also not ready to receive the call.

Very poor service!
 8th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hdfc - Credit Card - HDFC lost my payment
India

I had a HDFC credit card and used to give monthly installment then HDFC bank lost one of my credit card payment cheque so the card payment got delayed and the next month the HDFC credit card department sent a bill of rs16,000 where as my actual spent on the card was rs11,000 which i agreed to pay and they sent me a Settlement Offer Letter of RS 11,000 but to my shock the very next day when i my account was debited with RS 16,000 and since then i have been writing to the bank but to no avail so now i have thought of forwarding a complaint to the consumer cell as because of the money debited from my account and the account being ceased many of my ECS commitment have been breached and i have become a defaulter. Beware!
 18th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

about credit card - About credit card

this card is not what i thought it was going to be i dont want this card because it dont ha ve anything that i want i want my money back
 17th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
For the last 4-6 months Iam not getting the original statement.Each time I have to call to your Call Center and ask for the duplicate statement. Each time when I call to your Call Center I have to hold the phone call for not less than half an hour. This is really tedious exercise for me to get the duplicate statement each time. when I ask for your Call Center person they say that my billing address is correct and they send the statement regularly to my address, but I am not receiving the statement. Kindly infuture send the statement through courier and also to my E-mail address regularly, so as to enable me to use the credit card.My Credit card No:5176 5210 0279 9239
 30th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
please gave the guide line for down load the credit card statement through net banking
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
i had not got my reverse payment statement
 19th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have forgotten my IPin to access my bank account via online Net banking. It is almostnow 1 year now,several mail I sent to HDFC bank and also filled form but untilnow I didn't received my IPIN for Net banking. My customer ID is 1988430

The reply for the latest mail I sent after receiving me the mail from HDFC as :

Dear Satish,

As per your e-mail below the details are as follows:

The Date of submission of request for address change & IPin request 2nd time is around 1st week of Jan’08 and before I had also submitted the same to middle of Dec’07(no reply from your side).

The request is submitted in City International Exchange Co., W.L.L. (Abdullah Dasthi Bldg., Head Office – Safat Branch in Kuwait). Tel No. 00965 2448507, 00965 2441845/6 with Mr. Debashish

The address is given below.

Note : It is now since more than 1 year I had made contact to HDFC directly and I am not finding any net banking password. This types of correspondence is more with no results. Kindly send me my Net Banking Password by this E-mail immediately.

Thanking you.

Mahesh Ganesh Karekar
 9th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Date 10.05.08

To,
The Customer care officer
HDFC Bank

Sub: Regarding Golden Card.

We had applied for a Golden Card on dated 16/02/08 and we have already paid fee of Rs amount 5600/- to your officer Mr. Raja Cell NO. 0997321586 he had given time period of 20 day’s till the date he has not taken any action.

We request you to kindly do the needful.

Our detail as under:

Mayank Gugalia
S/o Shri J.S. Gugalia
D.O.B: 25/02/1975
Mobile: 09300644255
: 09425858936

Best Regards

Mayank Gugalia
Mahakoshal Refractories Pvt. Ltd.
Industrial Area, Katay Ghat Road
Katni - 483501 (MP) INDIA
Tel: +91-7622-222682, 223212
Dir: +91-7622-220894
Fax: +91-7622-222733, 406051
Email: mrpl@rediffmail.com
Website: www.katnirefractories.com
 11th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I applied for credit card three times in hdfc bank.but still i'm not getting any good respond.i don't know who would be help in out to be getting a credit card.i'm so worry.if someone help me regarding my problem i will be very thnksfull for that.

mobile no.9818859417
 16th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
this is to inform you that i am not interested to continue in using the hdfc credit card any more.so i request u to cancel my credit card.

thanking you

m.bhupathi rao
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
pls send me email id of bhubeneswer HDFC bank and address immediately ...
thanking U
senapati
 23rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
pls send me email id of bhubenswer hdfc bank with address immediately ...
thanking u
senapati
 7th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Payment not convenient while doing payment by check

As per credit card team if we do payment of credit card by check it's taking 15 days so it is not convenient to the user
 11th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i want to know that if any job in hdfc at bardoli branch

HDFC Bank Logo HDFC Bank