Posted:

membership fee increased???

4.4
Nashville, Tennessee
Phone: po box 41248 Nashville 37204
Just received postcard informing me that my "Great Fun membership fee has been increased. This charge will be reflected within your next three billing cycles. To ensure that you enjoy uninterrupted savings and service, we will automatically continue your membership unless you call 1-877-488-9480, toll free. to cancel. Otherwise your new $12.99 membership fee will be automatically billed to your credit or debit card account each month.
If you have questions about your Great Fun membership or how to use it, or do not want it to be renewed, please call us at 1-877-488-9480.

Sincerely,
Ann Clure
Senior Director, Great Fun"

I called the listed number to find out what this was about (never heard of GreatFun) and was told that due to high call volume to call back.

Help! What scam is this????
Complaint comments Comments (53) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

27th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Orbitz.com % Great Fun - both ripped me off
Texas

7 months after buying a pair of airline tickets I noticed $10.99 being charged to my visa. I called the phone number on the statement and it was Great Fun. Of course it was to a service rep in some other country. It sounded like India. I explained the situation to the rep and he could not find any records on me. After demanding, ademately, he recheck the records he found them. I made him repeat the address to me as he asked if I could please give him my home address to verify. Why does he need to ask? He has an account for you right? The account numbers I gave him were just as confusing to him as to me. I finally convinced him to refund the money.
I hung up and called Orbitx.com and spoke to a rep named Kim. She was completely aware of the charges and clamly stated Orbitz routinely surrender credit card info to Grear Fun, they are an affiliate of thiers. After colorfying my opinion of their wreckless handling of private info I cancelled my account.
Today I called Great Fun again to inform them that the entire amount was not refunded. The rep informed me that I need to write a letter to them making a request. This was never mentioned to me on ant previous phone call. Grrrr.
The address for your information is:

attn: Executive Support
P. O. Box 6100
Westerville, OH 43086

Apparently there have been 3 court cases or are in the process of filing the cases. This is not an isolated event.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Here's how to cancel your membership - I just did.

call 800-295-8003. you will have to give your name and billing address - they will look up your member number and provide you with a cancellation number. Good luck. I will be reviewing my credit card statement to make sure these charges do not appear.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun/orbitz - Credit Card charge
9808 Via Sonoma
Cypress
Phone: 714 827-4389

I received a postcard from Great Fun saying membership fees had gone up and 13.99 and would be charged to my credit card if I did not cancel membership. Say what?!!! I called the number given and told them I wanted to cancel. It appears, unbeknownst to me, my credit card was charged each month for service since January or before(my fault in not noticing) . Bottom line...be aware of what you are signing up for, when Orbitz offers you a trial discount or deal. And make sure you understand your entire credit card charges. It cost me 130.00 and maybe more
 12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun Traveler Advantage - Being charged after cancelling over 3yrs. ago.

I cancelled the charges over 3yrs. ago and have found that I am still being charged for it.
After recently reviewing my banking statement I have found that money is being taken. I talked to representatives, but they talked to me as if I was stupid and didn't cancel although I have the statements to prove that I did.
 12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Cool. Since you have the statements, take thgem to small claims court. Should be fun to watch them squirm. You may even get punative damages.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Same happend to me. Called my credit card and disputed the charges. They said, that should cancel the membership. Hope this will work.
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun - Unauthorized Credit Card Charges
Phone: 269-428-2862

I was looking at my recent activity on my credit card after returning from a Caribbean Cruise, worrying that someone in another company would potentially scam me. To my surprise, a company closer to home, GREAT FUN, had been scamming me of $11.99 for 7 months. I'm disturbed that I didn't notice it sooner. Now that I'm aware of this scam, it brings to mind all of the direct mail pieces that this company has been sending. They send a dm piece that contains a check, that when cashed, purchases their services.

I found out from the company that this charge was initiated when I made an online purchase at Avon. Without me even knowing it, my purchase entitled me to be scammed out of $83.93!

The company's 800 line does take some time to get someone to answer - I just put my call on speakerphone while I worked on other things - until someone answered. I inquired about the charge and they were willing to credit me one month's charge. I asked for a supervisor and again waited on hold. After a bit, I was able to talk to a supervisor who said they will be crediting my money back within 24-48 hours. You bet I will be anxiously awaiting that credit!
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Great Fun /priceline - Misleading
Ohio

I have called this company at least three times .Cancelled membership three times .Even though your membership is cancelled, if they do not complete the banking part .It will continue to debit your account.Try to stop it with your bank .I question why priceline would continue to allow these people to do this on there site, I will no longer use priceline and intend taking it up with them .
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Tlg Great Fun And Household Bank Cc - Unauthorized charge on CC! THEY ARE A FRAUD!
TLG Great Fun and Household Bank CC
California

I looked on my Household Bank Credit card this month and found a whopping $129.99 charge on there for TLG great fun. I called, they werent open on the weekends. I called my Credit card, they said they could do nothing about it and suggested I call TLG directly monday morning. I did. Not without a supreme bitching out with the main focus of my conversation being FRAUD and ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. Even after I said i didnt want to hear anything about the services, he still tried to talk me out of canceling, when I didnt even sign up! They had said I had cashed a check for $8 a few months back (which after some research I found out TLG is a 3rd party for Household bank, and they send the checks with your statement for automatic sign up if you cash them.) Well I didn't cash it. As a matter of fact I rip them up, and they still signed me up. I asked who cashed the check and at what bank. They had no record. Snuck it in there. So watch out. These guys are sneaky. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CC STATEMENTS. I am canceling my credit card also with Household Bank. Any company that allows charges like this from their 3rd party and won't help the customer out doesn't deserve our business. You dont think it can happen to you. But then it does.
 24th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlg Great Fun - wihdrawing money from account without reason
TLG Great Fun
Connecticut
Phone: 800-290-8603

I, like the others who have written complaints, have been charged $12.99 from my account for months and am not real sure why! Every time I have tried calling, I have not been able to reach anyone to even cancel this charge to my account. I am not sure how long this has been going on, but plan to request a full refund. This compnay needs to be investigated and shut down...look at how many complaints have already been issued! These people have to be making a ton off of unauthorized wthdrawals from peoples accounts and taking money without providing any services in return! If I were to do this, it would be considered stealing and fraud and I would probably have to go to jail! I guess I didn't realize that if I had a company name, I would be in the clear!
 28th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just wondering if any of you joined classmates online, if so this is most likely when you were scamed. I called TLG Great Fun to cancel and asked just how I joined and was informed that when I joined classmates I checked a box (was probably already checked) which signed me up for their services.
 4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlg Great Fun - Charged my credit card and I've never heard of them
TLG Great Fun

Help. What/who is Great Fun? Please someone let me get back to NOT having Great Fun. I want out, off, or whatever it takes to disassociate myself from whatever this organization or service is. I shopped recently on Priceline for the first time. Is that company complicit in this scam? Does anyone out there know a responsive person or telephone number or email address for contacting GreatFun? Frankly, I am glad to have found this site on line, so I know now that I am not the only one mystified and angry at an unknown charge showing up on my credit card bill. Help!
 8th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have a phone number 1-800-290-8603. I just tried calling but it is Sunday and they are not open. I will try calling them tomorrow and see what type of answer I get. I know I have called before, so that obviously did not help. But I will try again. After that I am going to my Credit Union, it is being charged on my debit card, and asking them if they can block any further withdrawals from this company. Then I will be contacting the BBB. I hope they can help me. Good luck to you and everyone else that I have found on-line that are victims of this scam.
 16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlg, Great Fun - credit card charge
TLG, great fun
39263 Willmarth
Harrison Twp
Michigan
Phone: 586-206-6072

I was booking a hotel room on priceline, I clicked for the 20% rebate which I never recieved, then they charged my credit card $11.99
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlg Great Fun - Unauthorized credit charge
TLG Great fun
Kokomo
Indiana

I called to discontinue the service, and after haggling with the operator explaining repeatedly that I was a laid-off auto worker who couldn't afford frivilous entertainment much less the service they seemed to offer, I was assured that ther would be no further charges and that my subscription was discontinued. I have since been charged $12.99 on two seperate occasions and have received nothing of value. This is the kind of shameless leeching that put our economy in the abyss it is in.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Haul their sorry ass to small claims court and be awarded triple damages + court costs.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Great Fun Tgl / Priceline - Scam charge automatic deduction from your CC
Great Fun TGL / Price line

You may find a recuring charge on your CC or checking account that looks something like this: TLG*GREATFN########JUN 800-290-8603. In my case it was a scam set up by Priceline (I'm sure Shatner would NOT apporve). Appparently there was some sort of descrite checkbox or something that was checked when I purchased a flight. Whatever the case, I called the number on my bill and had Great Fun remove the charges. This sort of thing is absolutely unscrupulous. I resent when companies do this sort of thing. Well, buyer beware I guess. Make sure you are careful when checking out with Priceline.
 11th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlg*great Fun - Deceptive Practices
Fandago

I, too, have been scammed by Fandango/TLG*Great Fun and have just written to Fandango's Customer Service explaining that I will never purchase tickets from them again. The charge on my credit card was from “TLG*Great Fun” in the amount of $11.99. I have a teenager who plays RPGs online and thought this was a charge for that…Great Fun sounded like a gaming site to me. I checked with him and found out that he had no idea what that was. I googled Great Fun and found all the hundreds of posts from people experiencing the same problem I have been. So, rather than calling Great Fun directly, I called my credit card company. It was odd…the woman at Chase that I talked to told me she was going to transfer me to the correct department (I think that’s what she said). She transferred me to Dave who told me he worked for Great Fun. He was so very kind to inform me that, YES! I had signed up for a membership with Great Fun — right through Fandango Rewards. He could even tell me my email address and the date. Unbelievable! I told him there was no way I would have signed up for this service unless it had been deceptively presented on the website. I am very careful to make sure that I never sign up, even inadvertently, for products or services which I have no intention of signing up for. He had no answer except to tell me to hold for my cancellation confirmation. I guess that “TLG*Great Fun” is actually a way to have “great fun” while ripping people off. This is, and I told Dave that I felt that this is, blatant deceptive and manipulative practices to entice customers of one company to purchase products and/or services from another, seemingly unrelated, company.
 7th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have just contacted my local news channel, and asked them to run a spot on this company. If we ALL did this, I think we might be able to get this company closed down, and others like it.

I'd like to suggest that everyone who complained on this site get together and start a class action suit against Great Fun.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
OMG I justcalled to find out how many reqard points I had with Wyndham Rewards card and they offered the "Great Fun" membership to try out for 30 days at$1.00 and then it would be $59.95 (I thought it was for the year but it seems it is monthly fee) and if this is the case, I am need (as well as all other Americans struggling with the economy) of these $60 A MONTH for FOOD...I will cancel asap and hope I can after reading these comments

Great Fun Logo Great Fun