logo

Aliasids.com Spidentity
This site is a scam!
3. (26 mins ago)
honda india 2 wheeler [bike unicorn]
fornt brake disc mfg defect
4. (27 mins ago)

Globe Telecom

Posted:    Chilipadi

Globe Telecom, Inc.
Philippines
Too many experiences to tell about this company's customer service.

Before you get any wrong ideas, no, I am not an employee of a rival company. I am just an ordinary consumer, hoping to receive the services I demand for.

1) Rude customer service person at the Ayala Triangle branch.

This was a long time ago when I requested to have my mobile phone line on International Roaming. Let's just say she was having a bad day. Too bad for her, my day was worse than hers. So I quickly made a phone call to their hotline, name-dropped a bit, and lo and behold, they put me on perpetual roaming AFTER my complaint.

2) After making three (3) attempts at applying for an internet connection through their hotline, I still have no word as to when they will install it.

I've given up. So tomorrow, I'll just call up the rival company, PLDT. Hopefully, these guys offer better services (fingers crossed).

3) There is absolutely no provision in their billing statement for a change in address.

Come on, Globe. You are an Ayala company --- you can do better than that! Show some brains, please.
Comments Philippines Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2010 by   FrustratedGlobeCustomer +1 Votes
I completely agree. Have been in Philippines for more than three years and I took Globe broadband a month back when I moved to Eastwood City and I am totally frustrated.
1. Numerous complaints have resulted in their "Engineer" coming home to check the lines and at the end of it saying "I will report to "Technical" department as I cant do anything".
2. Finally I got upset after the third such incident and wanted to speak to their manager on the Globe Hotline but was told that it was not possible and the representative Jennifer Flower was fully aware of my case for last one month but could not give any definite time when this would be resolved.
3. It is not only the poor service but also the poor responses which frustrate you
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   yumeian +1 Votes
I am a first time customer in Globe Lines, yet I am already met with disappointments and frustrations. It was only recently that I applied for their phone/internet bundle, and in fairness, the installation was fast. But the problem is that, our landline cannot receive incoming calls from PLDT and Bayantel, and other telecom lines other than Globe, while they made it clear upon my queries that Globelines receives calls from other lines. I complained several times about this, but their PURELY INCOMPETENT people from customer service team just kept giving me job orders (and they have no record of job orders previously issued to me concerning the same problem!!). I requested for a change in phone number, since it was discovered that it is an interconnection problem, and they have already forwarded this matter to the concerned department, but they are throwing the matter to the repairmen, which in turn, said to us that they are not in charge of changing the phones, then throw the matter back to the departed in charge if assigning phone numbers. And so the vicious cycle continues like that, with the problem still unresolved up to this time. GLOBE IS CLEARLY MAKING A FOOL OUT OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! Just as long as they are customers who kept paying their bill every month, they no longer care about their problems, like poor internet connection, erratic phonelines, etc. It is CLEAR that all they care about is PROFIT and not CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

AND THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO BILL US IN JUST TWO WEEKS OF OUR SUBSCRIPTION, ALONG WITH THE DEFECTIVE PHOINE LINE!! THE NERVE!!!
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   yumeian +1 Votes
To add to that, I told them that I will complain their lack of action to NTC, and now I think they're blocking my access to NTC because I cannot open the page. GAG ORDER, I presume?
 2nd of Oct, 2010 by   Peter Gee 0 Votes
This is enough for me...16 years customer and they let me in the dark for 10 days. Called 188 six times, they let you wait and wait and wait and nothing happens! My very slow agents insisted the problem was with my phone. Drop calls and hard to connect and worse: when calling someone they will answer and they can hear me but i cant hear them... Short, it was a problem with a repeater and it was addressed after 10 days only. I emailed and called but so far nobody can give me any assurance that this will not happen again, i mean not the technical failure (happens also in our businesses) but the lousy treatment and unpro approach. Shame on you Ayala, i will never even consider the purchase of even a condo with you.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   maryannemoll 0 Votes
Globe has charged me P 2, 400 plus last month for alleged internet usage on my cellphone, which I did not use. After appealing to them, they waived the charges. This month they charged me again, for this month's alleged usage, but I still haven't used the Internet on my cellphone. Now they are insisting that I pay. I can prove that I didn't use the Internet on my cellphone, but they won't listen. This is unfair! I'm not the only one who has been having this problem.
 24th of Dec, 2010 by   January77 0 Votes
It is simply impossible not to be upset when you left your iPhone 3GS for checking in September 2010 and not get any useful feedback after more than 30 calls to their useless hotline!
1. They cannot tell when the replacement will come bec iPhone is out of stock? Yet if you get a new subscription they have a phone available?
2. They promise you 30x that they will call you but they don't
3. They promise that the phone will be available on x date twice and twice you stupidly go to their hub only to be told that the replacement phone has not arrived. Are they flying it in from the north pole? And by the way, it's your fault for coming over without calling when the number they gave you is a fax number???
And again 4 months later - no phone and no calls for updates
Such a disrespectful way to treat a customer who you also overcharged for Internet access this month of php5, 000.
Such a disrespectful company with disrespectful employees.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   uae madamme 0 Votes
I have same issue with Globe. I purchased a prepaid kit online, paid by credit card, contact their customer service what to do next, told to go to the nearest Globe store in my province but was told that there is no order from their Manila office. I call the customer service so many times, send them email and chat with them thru their website and they cant give a definite answer as to the status. I ask for the sales team number so I can contact them direct, was told by the customer service I chatted online that they have no access to their sales team number, can you believe that? I send an email asking for a direct line to contact, I was given a +63 number saying that calling overseas will be free. How can a +63 free? And they are claiming they are the number one provider? All a bunch of crap!!!
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   malyn 0 Votes
wait till i tell all of you what happend to me, they billed me a whooping 138, 300 pesoses for per kbps internet browsing.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Jeff71 0 Votes
Globe Telecom's customer services have deteriorated a lot. You will notice this when you call up their hotline 211 or 7301000. Its difficult to get thru these days. Chances are a lot of people are calling up to complain.
When you get thru, you get a feeling that the customer reps you are talking to are not of the same quality as in previous years, probably Globe has been employing or outsourcing to a third party. I guess there is nothing wrong with this, as outsourcing might be cheaper than having their own people handle the complaints.
However, with this set up they have totally isolated themselves from their customers' sentiments and needs. Or they are just bullish that even though with their so so performance, their customers would still stay with them.
Case in point. Imagine having been with them technically for 5 years (11 years if I didn't cut off my original line and got new lines) with two lines outside of contract, with the competition going on, you would think that they would want to get you recontracted for another two years.
I contacted them I would be willing to recontract with them for another 2 years and willling to cashout for a Samsung Galaxy S i9000. I was told that though this phone is under their lineup, they are not currently available for whatever reason and are offering some cheaper phones as of the moment. Two weeks have gone by, still no phone. Like this phone is that hotcake that they can't get any from their supplier nor can just use their inventory under new line subscription. Anyway, when you asked their centers its obvious that they have more than they need there being they are still available.

You get a feeling that however that Globe is trying to play you here:
a. If you are really gaga over the phone, you might as well get a new line but pay for a higher price for the said phone under new line subscription. Under new line subscriptions, that particular phone are always well stocked, but loyalty doesn't have any available.

b. If you need your old number and don't want to change it, perhaps they are hoping that you just avail of the rebate since monetary wise they don't have to shell out for the rebate unlike when you ask for a phone and they have to pay their phone supplier.

c. Or you just wait for a month or two or three; that way when you get the phone you actually might not realize that you were held up for more than twenty four months due to "waiting for phone availability."

I hope this is not true.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   rhantau 0 Votes
recently we are applying globe landline and internet for our company here in cebu and we are so disappointed with their service. they always make promises that they will install it quickly but they don't give action. their contractor asking money for wiring because he said there is no free wiring for commercial building so we give money to the contractor hoping to install it on that day because we really need the landline and internet but he cant show the wires that we pay..as we pay still we can't connect to the internet and we cant make outside cebu calls..if you can't make action until march 11 we are going to cancel the connection and transfer to PLDT..
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   MelanieFloresca 0 Votes
globe wimax is my problem...im a first time user of globe wimax i experiences bad signal...every time i need to research i always surprised i have no network because of wimax...im so desapointed of their service...in a week it only works twice or once...the payment for this wimax is useless because of their service...
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Francis1977 0 Votes
@ Jeff71 I agree.. i feel like they are not paying attention to their existing customer and yet they wanted to get new sbuscribers... anyway.. they first offered me an Ipod 160 gb or a washing machine.. and worst ... the vaccum cleaner... WTF right... i'm not really happy with their service now.. i'm on my 6th yr with globe but i have to say goodbye to them on june.. they suck big time...
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   Percival 0 Votes
I also have a harrowing experience with Globe DSL. The connection was recently installed Apr 15 and barely 24 hours past the connection was unavailable. Im a TSR from Dell so I TS my connection and it is the connection from Globe itself. my neighbor who has the same kind of service installed the same day doesnt have any issue.Iwaited for a day to pass to call them thinking that it might be a glitch. The connection did not return. Called their Customer service and the first time I contacted they said their system is down and to call back after 15 min. I called back after an hour and the tech again told me to call back the next day. So called back the Next day. The tech said that they cannot trace my connection because I still dont have an account from them, so the tech said that she will escalate this issue so that some one will be calling me the next 24 - 48 hours. Unfortunately I manage to lose the Service Number she provided. Still I waited for someone to call back and not surprising nobody called. I called them again and their stupid system cannot trace my call under my name so they set a new service request once more, and againm to wait for someone to check my connections, She even said that they will be sending a technician over, well today is the 22nd of April and theres not even a shadow of any Globe personnel appeared. Its frustrating because I am a new customer and their service gave out after barely a day. Their service really stinks
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   ex Globe +1 Votes
The problem with this notice board is that it assumes that Globe Telecom management are concerned about how the customer is left feeling. Obviously they are not and are embracing a philosophy that says that there are enough new subscribers "out there" not to have to worry about providing their contracted service. We must vote with our feet. I'm off to PLDT.
Interestingly, I once worked for a respected international company who, for a while adopted this same philosophy. It took several years for the company to lose its reputation and customers ... and several DECADES of excess spending to get them back. So be it.
 26th of May, 2011 by   Hiei 0 Votes
ONLY 1 out of 6 technical support reps was able to help me regarding my problem. I lost my internet connection 2 days ago today is my 3rd day the first time I called them they did troubleshoot my modem. They told me to do this and that, followed everything rep told me to wait an hour everything will be fine, after an hour nothing happened I called them again twice that day the 2nd day they just did the same thing and then the 3rd day I called again got a rep who just filed a report regarding my issue she said their technician will go to our house by may 30th today is the 26th that means I need to wait 4 days more my bill just came it this morning I feel like dumping Globe the time she told me to wait until the 30th. After 15 mins I tried one last time to call them luckily I had this Guy named Ricky Falud, Emp # : 77337 (I got his emp # because Im really glad he was able to help me) he was the only rep who asked to authenticate my sister's acount by the billing address, birthday etc. (of course just to make sure he's talking to the account owner before he give any info; Im working as a Sales Specialst for Sprint a US telecommunications company and for them authenticating the customer's account is really impt, 2x in a month you missed doing it, you're out!) Ricky did the same thing but he was the only one who asked me if I know the username & PW on my modem interface account, I said 'Yes, I asked the other rep about it she told me my username is this and my PW is my account number.' Ricky said 'No sir your PW is different let me reset your PW and use your account number as your PW. After he did that w/o placing me on hold he provided me the instructions after that with 2 days of headache talking to other reps doing the same thing, I got my net connection back! Ugh I was really happy about it at first I really knew there is no problem w/ the modem but anyway. Kudos to Ricky Falud! Keep up the good work! But for other TECH SUPPORT REPS I talked with, go back to training! :)
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   sp3llv3xit 0 Votes
Globe customer service should add this prefix before the word service -- "dis". Where do Globe source their employees? These guys sound like they're still in high school.

There was one representative who argued with me when I told her that Globe Telecom's employees are largely comprised of idiots. She said, "I disagree sir. We are not that idiot." Needless to say, she just proved my point. When I was using a Blackberry, I called in and asked for assistance in configuring the device' network settings. After explaining to this man that I want him to run the settings by me over the phone, he said he got it and will create a case. I asked him, "Hold on. Why are you creating a case?"
This CSR replied, "I am forwarding your request to swap your Blackberry for an iPhone, sir."

What do you call him? An idiot, right?
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   s2pidme 0 Votes
GLOBE IS REALLY SUCK!!!
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   s2pidme 0 Votes
GLOBE EMPLOYEES ARE ALL IDIOT!!
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   nauef 0 Votes
Recently, my sim card was blocked, for no reason at all. It just appeared in my phone like "No service" and then I tried placing another sim card because I thought my phone is the one defective, but it turned out that my sim card was really blocked. S**t!
Why does this telecom company do that?? what the heck...
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Chai Chen 0 Votes
Globe Customer Service and any other department for that matter sucks!

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups