logo

Harassment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GenieBra Complaints & Reviews - What a joke!

GenieBra Contacts & Informations

GenieBra

Posted: 2011-06-26 by    magpan

What a joke!

GenieBra
geniebra.com
I ordered the Genie Bras after watching an infomercial (I know I can't believe I fell for an infomercial). I am an RN and have to do a lot of bending over and moving so one of the major problems I have with bras is that either the straps fall off of my shoulders constantly or when I bend over my breasts spill out of the top of the bra and am having to constantly adjust it. I've tried most sports bras but all they do is squish my breasts so tight it gives me the "one boob" look... I am a large breasted woman a full D-DD. I ordered the size XL-1X according to the size chart on the website. XL-1X was supposed to cover a woman who wears a 18W shirt and a 41-46 bust size. Since I am an 18W and my bust size is 42, one would think that this would be the appropriate size. However, upon opening the package, I broke into a full on laugh, assuming they MUST have sent the wrong size as the cup was around size A-B. I couldn't believe when I looked at the tag on the bra and it said 1X. Really??? Clearly, the size chart is BS. I did try it on just for the hell of it and of course my breasts were spilling out all over the place, which is what happens when you put a D into a A-B cup... Anyway, the idea was a good one and the bra material seems nice but they seriously need to get their sizing figured out. For 19.95 shipping and handling I won't be mailing back and forth until I get one that fits... So much for wishful thinking... Also of note, it took over 1 month for me to receive the bras.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2011 by   Genie Bra..... no ...Satans Bra +1 Votes
I too fell for the 'Genie Bra' more like the 'nightmare bra...'
I called to get info on returning 'them' and the associate said instead of shipping it back to save me shipping cost to give it to a family member, the shipping was 26.00.I sent it back for 5.00 I explained I would not put them in a charity box it was NOT what they advertise and NOT all woman want it ...
 30th of Nov, 2011 by   amg6560 0 Votes
I wish I had read the complaints BEFORE I bought the bras. The commerical was too convincing. The bra was comfortable (just like not wearing one). Of course, that is exactly the same amount of support it provided--NONE. I read from someone else that there was supposed to be a pad which attached inside the bra. My package did say "padded". No such pad exists. There is absolutely nothing to keep you from "nipping" out when it is cold or just beacause that is what breasts do and one reason you wear a bra. I shared my packages of 3 bras with 3 more free with my daughters who are about the same size. My 25 year -old daughter wouldn't even wear hers out of the house because it looked as though she wasn't even wearing a bra.
The marketing department for the genie bra is wonderful and got a lot of us to fall for their lies. The bras are AWEFUL
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   Cathleen F 0 Votes
I had the same problem and sent it back twice because I thought they goofed up on the size, not so the next one sent was just as small. I want to know if anybody knows where this company is located so I can turn them into the Better
Business Bur. They keep sending me emails thanking me for the order I just placed and their still using my credit card after calling them twice to tell them I didn't reorder it (its months later) now. These people are a bunch of crooks thats why I want the address if I can get it.
Cathleen F.
 6th of Apr, 2012 by   vicki torres 0 Votes
well just to let you i got one of these bra:s not happy with it was so looking forward to getting one everything was not what it seemed was unhappy that u had put put the padding in and the straps rolled on the should"s so i took it back got my money back yes i didnt get it off tv from walmart but they said it was the same one i really was disapointed very much hopeing one day to really find a good bra that does what they say.
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   grifsel 0 Votes
I fell for the infomercial too. Bras just don't fit right and hoped this was my answer. The genie bras were just awful so i sent them back. Geniebra SAID they could not find my return and refused to refund my purchase. I've turned them into the better business bureau and consumer affairs. All I can say is buyer beware...

Beware of Phishing Scam!