Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty

Posted:

Deceiving

3.6
Ford Motor Company
Ford should be jailed for this scam esp extended warranty. I bought a brand new 2008 f - 150 during that year. At the time, i told the salesmen i intended to keep this truck a long time. He talked me into the esp and maintenance package and rust proofing and all along assured me that for 5 years, the only thing out of my pocket would be the monthly payment and gas. I have gotten my truck serviced every 8000 at the dealer. My truck now has 67000km on it and last week, the steering shaft broke on it. Apparently a full sized pickup designed for offroad capabilities can't handle round town regular driving. To my surprise, the dealer told me i would have to pay $600 to get my truck back and that my part wasnt covered under esp. I looked at my brochure which clearly states steering linkages are covered, but still they wouldnt cover it. This is fraudulent. I gave them $2000 for a useless extended warranty and am still paying for repairs. How can they get away with this. Since last week, i have heard so many similar stories from others. It's all bad enough that these trucks are having such major issues with so few kms. One guy sitting next to me at work had his tranny go at 64000 and another had his engine go at 67000. Those guys were lucky to be covered under drivetrain, but still had a runaround to get repairs. Fords are literally disposable trucks sold cheap with the intent that the buyer will always buy a new one every 3 years. Dont even get me started on the resale value on the f*cking thing, after last week, i put it up for sale for less than book value and i have not so much as had a nudge. I will never buy a pos ford again. And i will be sure to tell all friends, coworkers and family to never buy one.
Complaint comments Comments (64) Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan

Comments

18th of Oct, 2006 by    -1 Votes

ExtraCare Account - Site login problem

I have the message "Your extracare account information is incomplete." I visited the website that was on the receipt but there is nowhere to log on to view the account and make revisions to it. Where do I find this information please.
 5th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ford Motor - car key stuck would not start
ford motor
205 trongate
st louis
Missouri
Phone: 314-868-9163

Second time had problem with key getting stuck not ingaging(could not turn key to start engine) on my 2001 focus ford car. Had to have it moved to a garage to be worked on, found that the pass key anti theft went bad again. Do not know my cost as of yet, but has there been a recall on this problems as I have talked to sereval people who had to actually beat on the key to get it to work. Very disappointed can anyone help with this.
Sue H. Bott
I bought from ford dealer in O'fallon Mo in 2001
 28th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ford Motor Co. - 2001 Explorer Sport Trac

If you own a 2001/2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac you should have someone check your cab mount bushings. I found mine to be rotting/falling apart and 1 has dissapeared altogether. The rubber they used is just falling apart, crumbles like cork. Ford is unwilling to acknowledge any widespread problem. To have them replaced is about $1000.00.
I have filled an investigation request form with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration concerning this issue on their Vehicle Safety Hotline. Hope it will get noticed...
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought a Ford Extended Warranty. Had and issue with the care requiring the radiator to be replaced. Even though it is covered they denied it saying the other issue caised the radiator to go bad. Now I go to replace my brakes and mechanic realize that the 'struts' are leaking. He calls Ford and they punched in my VIN and tell mechanic that my car dont carry struts it carries shocks and they are not covered.
How can they seel me a warranty for struts when they know my car dont carry them? Why do they sell warranties when they know they will find every reason not to pay them? This is the biggest scam I have ever encountered and from a recognised company. All the parts that are warrantied rarely go band and from investigating once your claim goes over $500 they send a rep out to make sure they dont have to pay. Someone need to do something about this issue.

redfordgroup.com

I too was a victim, even with all the smarts and education, I still sent almost 1500 dollars to this so called Redford Finanacial Group.I was also told that I would get a refund in 30 days.Whoever these people may be, they need to be stopped today. I have children of my own that I have to support and with this scam going on I have now been put into a financial hole. What do I do now? Where do I turn now? I wish I had look more into it before sending my money off.Now all I can do is pray this cycle ends.

redfordgroup.com

I was "approved" for $100, 000 loan, which I was going to use for the purchase toward a home. I was told that I had to send 12 months security deposit of $13, 454.80. I was unable to come up with this amount so I called "James "JIM" Adams" the agent I was working with at extention 520, and was told that the interest rate would be increased half percent and I would only have to send $8, 091.00

I almost wired that money today...thank GOD I found this website. I too didn't find anythin under the better business bureau on this company.

Something needs to get done about people preying on those down on their luck in this recession.

redfordgroup.com

The company claimed if I sent them 800.00 dollars I would get a $5000.00 loan so I did. Then they said I needed to send another $800.00 to secure it and I did. Then they said the investor backed out. Stupid me. I am suppose to get my money back on July 9th. I am sure that is bull, I have contacted moneygram and they said they could identify the person who picked it up. So, if no money hopefully legal action because they not only took from me but my three month old daughter as well.

redfordgroup.com

Redford financial group called us saying that we were approved for a home loan of $75000, which at the time we had been looking for. James Adams our account representive told us we just needed to send$2590 to Frank Zeller in Ontario Cananda and the funds would be put into our account via direct deposit. The next morning Robert Rhodes contacted us saying we needed to send and additional $2590. We told him to send back our money. He said they would put it in our account on July 12, 2009. Now the website for the company is gone and the phone number had been changed. They have my drivers license, social security card and bank account information. Please do not send money to anyone no matter what they promise you. How did they find my family?

redfordgroup.com

I was called by Ms. Tammy Fry and was told that i was approved for my loan. All I need to do was make a secrity deposit of four months payment of eight hundred dollars. I did so and she had the inofrmation and I was told that it would take up to twenty four hours and the money would be in my account. On the day the money was supposed to be deposited i was contacted by Customer service. I did so they informed me that the lender back out on the loan and this never happens they dont know why this happened to me. They then told me that they were going to give me a loan for more money than I wanted and I had to come up with eight hundred more dollars. I then told them that I wanted my money back and I did not want the loan any more. They informed me that i would have to wait till July 12 when they cut checks and return my money. I have yet to see my 1600 dollars. When I try to call it tells me good bye and hangs up on me.

redfordgroup.com

Got a phone call from a man claiming he was from the Redford Financial Group and that I had filled out a loan application with one of their affiliates. His name was Michael Foster and his phone number was 1-800-690-5794 ext 472. He claimed that they would work on my loan process to get it approved within the next day. Michael called back the next telling me that my loan was approved, but, due to my past credit history, I would have to secure the loan with a downpayment which would cover the first 8 months. THe cost would be $2000. When I did not have that money, he said he would have to consult with his boss. The Robert called me saying he is the loan manageer and will be taking care of my file. He claimed that $1200 dollars will work. So the same day I went down to Walmart and sent a MoneyGram to the investor/bank in Alberta Calgary with the receiver name of Jane Barrett. Once Mike got the confirmation, he mentioned my loan will be funded in 3 days. Couple days later, he called back stating that the Bank need more of a down payment to secure the laon, so he need another $500. I told that there was no way that I can come up with the money. So I requested a refund of the money and fees. Robert mentioned that he will refund the money on July 15, 2009. The day came and went with no money. When I tried to called back, the phone number was not working. When I tried to fax a compaint to them, their fax number was not working either. These bastards just took my money without regards to my family and the food I had to purchase wifor my kids and a the new roof for my house. I NEED money back!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes

Ford Motor - Don't go to them for repairs
Ford Motor

I recently went to a Ford dealership to get my car fixed, and they gave me a runaround like no one has ever done before. They quoted me 3 different prices by 3 different salesmen and then ended up charging me even more than that at the end. Also, it took them 5 days to finish the repair on something that seemed relatively minor. 6 months later, what they had supposedly fixed was broken again. I went back to the Ford dealership and they told me that the warranty I had supposed purchased did not cover labor, only parts. What is the point of that warranty.
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ford - 1999 expedition
Florida

I have a 1999 Ford Exedition and it seems that every time we have a good hard rain it it messes up, the lights will come on by themselves, it tries to start on its own, no key, 4x4 light and rear wiper light flashes on and off, i have searched online and found several other complaints similar to this, so it would seem that there is a factory default, some complaints stated that there is actually a leak in the windhield that causes the computer to get wet and malfuntion, whatever the case this is not normal and ford needs to investigate and do something before someones vehichle shorts out and starts a fire. i as i am sure many others have small children who ride in these cars and am concerned about the safety, but as many other owners most likely I can not afford another vehichle, but if I did it would not be a ford,
I would like to know how ford plans to handle this matter, or maybe the media and some attorney, s could handle it better.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes

Ford Motor - warranty work
malcolmn cunningham
Georgia
Phone: 6788516493

decided to drive ford mustang gt out of town about 700 mi. came back in town heard tapping noise from engine. had vehicle towed to dealer, stated it was cam lobes were worn. price $6900. took it to second dealer(ford) stated it was the bearings was worn. price $7100 a thrid dealer stated the price of a engine would be $4400 not inculuding labor. unable to find last maintance reciept for oil change that was done in april, but still looking and vehicle only has 47000 mi. on it. also what is magnuson-moss warranty act.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ford - Ford has tried to wiggle their way out of responsibility by not returning calls or emails
Ford
ford.com

I have a 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, great little car EXCEPT for the after sales service and a few issues.

The car's FACTORY FITTED bluetooth stopped working when it was returned from its first service. Everytime the car has been back to Ford, it came back as is...BROKEN. The radio was sent to JHB for a month, only for the mac to tell me it was not faulty - obviously took what he thought to be the easy way out. Now, its a year later, I still have no bluetooth and best of all, the car has an extended warranty and a 5yr100000KM motorplan (bumper to bumper cover apparently).

Ford has tried to wiggle their way out of responsibility by not returning calls or emails. I am disgusted to say the least. I had to fork out R17'000 extra on the car for bluetooth and a motorplan and both provide BUGGERAL extra value.
 24th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ford Motor Company - Windshield wipers
Michigan

I purchased a 2011 Ford Tarsus January 2011. When it snows hard the windshield wipers ice up and I have to stop the car, get out and physically take the ice off the wipers. I took the car in for service and was told that it was because of the design of the wipers and that I would have to get out and physically take the ice off manually. I was also told that the wipers could not be replaced with a different kind. I paid $30, 000 for this car and this is just not acceptable. The service person knew that this was a problem when it snows and indicated that they have had multiple complaints. I need to know if Ford is planning to correct this, if not why not?
 24th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Have you addressed your concerns with Ford motor company directly?
Also if this is an issue you can communicate with the NTSB about it being a safety problem?
Also you can look on-line to see if there has been a TSB or recall for your issue.
NTSB = National Transportation Safety Bureau
TSB = Technical Service Bulletins found at http://www.tsbdata.com/ of the Ford web site, however if there is a recall your dealer should have told you.
Either way you will need to find out or report it!!!
 7th of Mar, 2011 by    -1 Votes
The ESP Ford warranty is a scam. I paid over $1600.00 for an extended 25000/ 3 year ESP warranty on my 2005 F250. (I have 45000 miles on the truck now) Last week I noticed a leak at my differential cover. I took it into the local ford dealer in Parker, AZ and they said it wasn't covered by the warranty because the part needed to fix it (silicon gasket in a tube) is not considered a part, so there is no warranty on it.
If that is not a rip-off I don't know what is. If Ford is using silicon in place of a gasket it should be covered under warranty as a gasket.
I think they are low underhanded cheats for not covering this rear end oil leak.
I love this truck but it is the last Ford product I will ever buy.
 14th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ford Motor Co. - Unfair business practices
FORD MOTOR CO.

I just returned from the Ford Service department to get my tires rotated on my 2007 Mustang. They told me my tires were dry rot. I bought the car from Freehold Ford, it is a certified used car. I have the car for a little over a year. I don't think tires should dry rot in a year. This leaves me to believe that they sold me the car with tires that were already dry rot. By the way the car only has a little over 22, 000 miles on it. Since the car is a certified used car the tires should have been changed before it was sold to me. Don't you think?
 8th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ford - Service
Private
South Africa

Apon taking my Fiesta for a service. The following:I scheduled a service with Ford Hatfield on above date and booked vehicle in for service. I asked to do the following:
Breaks front, wiper blades and pollen filter check. (And do not wash vehicle).

After an hour I was contacted to say that I need to contact them as breaks needs replacement with cost estimate as well as wiper blades cost estimation given. When speaking to Yvette (service agent) she said I was given the wrong book (not even seeing it) that says “Scheduled service plan”. One set of wiper blades every year. After not going into a huge argument I agreed to pay the R 437.92 Excluding Vat and labour for the Wiper blades as well as to replace brake pads and disks.

Today the 4th of August I get a chance to look if work was carried out. The following:

1. I was charged for 500ml of dot 4 brake fluid and I do not know how much fitted in but it was filled to the brim (Although any vehicle has a minimum and maximum level indicator since I owned my first vehicle in 1976 and they had minimum, maximum levels.)Even my currently owned 1974 mini has this.????...
2. The air filter was not replaced and is a service item as per scheduled service and in service plan.(Should have been replaced)
3. When asked if they do not do plugs in this interval they said no, while this is in the service plan that it should be replaced as per scheduled service. I have now driven 30800km’s and if the vehicle has to go another 20 000km’s before plugs are done it means I would have done 50800km’s with a set of plugs. Is this how it should be? (What did I pay for with regards to service plan)?. Must I buy my own plugs? Will this be under warranty conditions if I replace them?.
4. They say on the invoice pollen filter checked. I wonder what? Is it cleaned?, replaced?, blown out with compressed air or what?

Very unhappy client of Hatfield Ford. This is my third new Ford from you but I think of changing to a different make of vehicle if this is the type of service I will be receiving. Thank you for the time spent on vehicle though it was ready at 11h20 after I booked it in 6h47. No complaints here.

Please contact me for us to settle this in a reasonable manner to keep me as a Ford client. I arranged with sales I will be in the market for a new vehicle in October 2011 but with such service I would not suggest myself to purchasing a Ford.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
FORD ESP is TOTAL SCAM. My rad went and transmission went (both ARE covered under the ESP), however, the crooks as American Road Insurance Company (Fords ESP company) denied it. I am suing Ford. THeir CEO will be getting papers in the next week. They deny the claim and peope have to suck it up.
They are a complete fraud. They fiugre that people will not, or dont know how to, go to court to fight the claim. I am taking this to them. They are no better than US Fidelis (extra warranty provider convicted of fraud).

Ford Motor Company Logo Ford Motor Company