logo

First Acceptance Insurance

Posted:    james toner

customer service

First Acceptance Insurance
On 10/27/10 I was involved in an auto accident with a client of first acceptance insurance. The driver of the other car admitted fault and recieved a ticket for the accident. This accident left my car undriveable. They sent an appraiser to my home 2 days later to assess the damage. the appraiser stated that the car was definitely undriveable and because of the age of the vehicle and the amount of damage it would be totaled out. She told me to expect a call from the adjuster within a day or two. After not receiving a call from them for 2 days I decided to call them. The adjuster assigned to my claim said his name was Jeffrey Scott. He told me that the car was deemed undriveable and that they would have a check to me within 7 to 10 days. He also stated that they would reimburse me for a rental car while I waited for that to happen. After waiting the 10 days I called back and he stated that although the average was 7 to 10 days, it could take a maximum of 30 days. So after it had been 30 days I called again and Jeffrey Scott informed me it was under special investigation and he couldn't help me. At that time I was referred to Tito Jimenez who said there was no timeline and he was waiting for a report from a vendor. After waiting still another week I asked to speak to a supervisor and was referred to Rick Carlo who stated it was under investigation and he wasn't supposed to be telling me that and I might not get paid for damage to my car or reimbursed for the rental. After spending 863.00 on a rental car and another 250.00 making my car driveable, I still don't have an answer. They have transferred me over and over again and have blatantly lied to me more than once. I have never dealt with a company like this in my life. It is now 12/2 and when my wife called in today to check the status she was yelled at by Mr. Carlo stating "you keep calling up here blowing up my phone. You might not get paid at all! Everyone here knows who you are and I'm going to tell everyone to stop accepting calls from you!" I am at my wits end. I have over $1000 wrapped up in this accident and my car is still not fixed.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Overpayment Scam