Posted: 2013-12-07 by

300% bonus on recharge promotion

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Etisalat is requested to look into the 2 complaints and resolve them asap.

1. Please register my complaint that Etisalat's 300% offer is unethical, cheats people out of their original balance. Etisalat, being a giant is not expected to resort to scamming their customers.

As per the brochure and the sms received, the bonus amount has a limited validity period and can be used for calls and sms to international destinations only. When I have called home, I found that AED 58 was deducted from the main balance of AED 243~245 to AED 185, while the bonus remained intact at AED75. On contacting Etisalat Service Centre at MCC and calling 101, I was advised that first the main balance would be reduced to zero and then the bonus could be used. How can you consume AED 250 in 5 days to use your bonus of AED 75?

The above usage condition is not stated in the brochure and as the offer has a limited validity and usage, it is understood that the bonus should reduce first and then over-runs should be deducted from the main balance.

I object to losing the AED58~60 and want Etisalat to credit the amount to my main balance. The same amount after crediting may be deducted from the bonus granted by Etisalat.

2. I have called 101 to register a complaint and the person did not follow Etisalat's Code of Practice which requires a Unique Reference Number to be given for each complaint despite clearly requesting him to do so. Instead he tried to sell promotion packages for HP.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Arab Emirates Complaint category Unauthorized Mobile Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

26th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I purchased a mobile connection in Nov 2013 and this was the worse experience of my life to chose etisalat. I was given number which was taken back by some one called form office, and threatening me that it belong to some sheikh which i dont know who is the sheikh. i was billed his amount as well as my mobile was out of network for 3g for 2 months which was billed to me as well as i paid the extra for change of number and after 6 months no one listen to me even i visited the office. nothing happen, i am really fadeup of what happen to me. if any one have any solution for this contact me on shahan26@gmail.com

Etisalat Logo Etisalat