logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (14 mins ago)
Axiom or Smartkurve or Edknovate
Axiom are the Worst Agent in Bangkok
5. (59 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Posted: 2011-06-13 by    Sean Rogan

Dent Scam

Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Santa Barbara Airport (SBA)

I Googled "Enterprise Scam" after my recent incident with them and was astonished to see the number of complaint against them for insurance claims on damaged cars. they have been doing this for years and ending up getting me as well. I suggest you use another company that has practices honesty and integrity if you plan to rent. Make sure you thoroughly inspect the car, take the clipboard from the sales agent and write down every little scratch, dent, ect yourself if you do not buy the daily insurance. Maybe even video or take pictures if you have a smartphone with good enough quality. Here's what happened to me, feel free to contact me if you have gone through something similar.

I did not get the insurance because I only had the car for one weekend. I drove home for the holidays and parked it at my parents and then drove back. They gave me a car with scratches and dents in it. The salesman walked around the car once, didn't stop or ask me to look at it. It probably took him about 8 seconds to inspect the car. He said that he noted the dents and scratches. So I signed believing him. I took the car home and my girlfriend and I loaded it. When she opened the rear door on the drivers side she noticed it was damaged. We didn't take pictures or call them because I thought it wasn't an issue. When I returned it they brought the manager out. She said it was impossible that the dent was not noted and that they inspect the car over 5 times before renting it out. She said the car would never be rented out in that condition, which wasn't surprising to me because that's what I thought when they gave it to me. But It was only $23 a day so I figured that's what you get for that price. She was very rude to me, accused me of lying, and said they would give me a call. They never called so I thought they found a record of the cars damage report with the dent on it. Then they sent a letter to an old address of mine even though they had my updated address since I booked the car online. It was also weird for some reason the car wasn't in there system and the rental was closed out a day prior to me returning it. They obviously had the information in their system messed up and blamed it on me. I rented from Hertz the next weekend and was worried about the similar situation happening to me. So I asked the salesman to look at the car and he said it is fine and I didn't have to worry. I told him why I was worried and he said "we are not enterprise, " and gave me this look. I am very frustrated and having my lawyer send them a letter. If they want to pursue it I plan on starting a class action suit against them. Is there anyone else who is in the same situation?

Contact me if you were wrongfully billed and scammed by Enterprise.
Comments United States Car Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2011 by   EnterpriseRent-A-Car 0 Votes
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to pursue this further. Please email me: care@enterprise.com with your full name and the rental agreement number along with any other details.

When emailing please list reference # 110613-005111 in the subject line.
- Amanda with Enterprise Rent-A-Car
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   luvluv 0 Votes
Same thing happen to me, just NOW!
Enterprise definately takes advantage on peopel's trust!
 25th of Sep, 2012 by   PeteS78 0 Votes
Almost this exact same thing is happening to me now. Rented a car, Informed agent of dent he wrote something down. Then he had my wife sign (i should of noticed that was odd my bad) . An hour after we returned the car with no problem we are then informed there a new dent . The same one I noted. I got a bill for 374 so I sent an email asking why . There respond with a bill of 500 . The diffrence is they added the estimate of 322 and the actual repair of 125 (dent pro) . I asked them about this . I'm told the car went to the body shop and then dent pro came out so I must pay for both. This means that the car was supposedly taken to the body shop who repainted the dented door then the dent was removed, but Can I see the body shop bill ... nope . Double chargeing for the same dent that was there before I rented .Thats news worthy . People need to know.
 25th of Sep, 2012 by   PeteS78 0 Votes
Rented a car, Informed agent of dent he wrote something down. Then he had my wife sign (i should of noticed that was odd my bad) . An hour after we returned the car with NO mention of any problem we are then informed there a new dent . The same one I noted. I got a bill for 374 so I sent an email asking why . There respond with a bill of 500 . The diffrence is they added the estimate of 322 and the actual repair of 125 (dent pro) . I asked them about this . I'm told the car went to the body shop and then dent pro came out so I must pay for both. This means that the car was supposedly taken to the body shop who repainted the dented door then the dent was removed, but Can I see the body shop bill ... nope . Double chargeing for the same dent that was there before I rented .Thats news worthy . People need to know.
 15th of Nov, 2012 by   Alamo Rent A Car 0 Votes
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 121115-001631 the subject line.

Tatiana
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   vinnix 0 Votes
I have been looking for articles on fighting back rental car companies (Enterprise Car Rental in peculiar) --- where an initial walk around was not done, yet come to find out, there a small dent on the back fender, that could barely be seen, due to the paint job. I never signed the report due to the inaccuracy, but got slapped with an $871 bill. I did not take the insurance that was offered through Enterprise. And my personal insurance does not cover this. The customer service rep even admitted to not doing a walk around with me about this vehicle. To all customer, be VERY careful - and do a full walk around pointing out all the little scratch and dents that the vehicle may have. I wish I could fight this, but I feel helpless.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups