logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
2. (1 mins ago)
Lumera
Their terms and conditions are fake
3. (2 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (2 mins ago)
Prime Group
Terrible company!
5. (18 mins ago)
Southern Energy Homes
roof leaks and horrible customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    lone ranger

Theft and Betrayal

FTD Flowers
Hawaii
I ordered flowers for Mother's Day from FTD and paid for them on my Discovery Card. A month later I noticed a $12.00 monthly charge on my Discovery Account from an unknown company. When I called the Discovery people they were quick to explain that when I bought the flowers I either checked a box or failed to check a box that lead to the purchase of some type of service. I asked them to reverse the charge but they refused suggesting I call the people who had scammed me. The Discovery Card rep then pointed out their phone number was listed on my Discovery card statement.

In forty years of credit card statements I have never seen a company phone number listed in the statement. Obviously Discovery Card is aware of the scams perpetrated on their customers and have found a way to pass complaints back to their customers who spot the scams. They abandon those too weak or too trusting to find the rip offs and seem satisfied to collect interest on phony services that have never been requested or delivered.

And the flowers were never delivered on time, FTD send me an email and offer a discount for late delivery which I accepted, but the flowers were never did arrive and I did get a credit for the purchase but the $12.00 charge would have gone on forever if I hadn't caught it.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2009 by   CreditVixen 0 Votes
Oh my goodness, you are hilarious. First of all, it is DISCOVER card, not DISCOVERY. And the so called scam you are referring to is from a company most likely called RESERVATION REWARDS OR COMPLETE SAVINGS, they bill under many different names.
I did some research on this and found out pretty quickly. You can even search this complaint site for info. I shop with Shutterfly and they offer me this promotion every time I check out, please read the web site people!!! You probably did click on the check box without reading because you wanted to save $10 off your flower purchase. Do not blam Discover for this scam, please file a complaint with the Attorney General about this company. Just google RESERVATION REWARDS and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. They make millions each year off unsuspecting customers like you.
 16th of Jun, 2013 by   Bill Johnson 417 0 Votes
Discover Card also rips off it's investors and even the taxpayers. They got themselves labeled a bank in 2008 to get TARP money. Instead of cutting expenses and acting responsibly, they decided to start sending 53 of their employees on trips to Key West twice a year, Las Vegas, Aspen, Miami, New York, Hawaii, etc. every year since. They are called the Local Markets group, and get paid to travel at least once a month to pretend they are putting up Discover stickers! The management knows this is happening, and won't stop it. They are still traveling, partying it up, and doing nothing. Most take a friend or family along, most of them do nothing at all but travel and stay at home getting paid in between trips to lay around. Unreal in this economy! It is criminal!

5 Best Ways To Get Free Stuff