logo

I work at Global Tel Link

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DirecTV, Janesville, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Installation and Repair Billing

DirecTV Contacts & Informations

DirecTV

Posted: 2012-11-18 by    Sean Gremminger

Installation and Repair Billing

DirecTV
Janesville, Wisconsin
We had a DirecTV dish installed in July and it was problem free until late October (after the 90 day warranty expired.) We called DirecTV and had a technician out to fix the problem, which he did. The tech said the problem was due to faulty installation-one of the support posts came out of true because it was installed backwards. The cold weather and rain in Wisconsin caused the metal to contract and shift slightly. The repair technician said that if it was installed correctly, this would not have happened. When I called customer service, they basically said it was past the 90 day warranty and I signed off on the installation, relieving them of any responsibility for the installation. So basically, because a DirecTV technician initially installed it incorrectly (and how would I know it wouldn't stand up to 30 degree weather--the connection worked, so I assumed it was installed correctly) I must pay to have his shoddy work repaired. If I was knowledgeable about satellite dish installation, I may have caught the mistake. Alas, I am not. I would have had no problem paying the repair bill if it was due to a storm or animal causing the problem, but it was a DirecTV installer that was the problem! How am I to know that the repair was done correctly? Will that repair present problems in the summer and cause another $50 tech visit? Is this the type of 'customer service' I am to expect from DirecTV? When I called, I was basically told, in other words, I'm out of luck but I could purchase the monthly service protection to protect against future problems. I'm only 4 and a half months into a two year agreement. It's starting to make me miss Charter Communications--they had high prices but at least were problem free for the 14 years we had them. Is there nothing that can be done to fix this problem?
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Twitter Hack