Waste of time even on phone

I received a call from a Direct Buy telemarketer who told me I had been selected to get into a contest in which I could win $50, 000. It had to do with getting a key that would open a box or something at their showroom.

I thought about it for a minute, I had heard about the membership costs, and knew I wasn't going to sign up. But, I am doing some upgrades in my home over the next few months, and the guy on the phone was vague when I told him what I had heard about the membership fees. He gave me examples of people he knew who had bought a $700.00 couch for less than $400.00, and I should have stopped right there. I've seen $700.00 couches, and that was not what I was looking for.

I eventually said that he could send me info, and that I would like to participate in their contest, although at the time, I didn't exactly know what my obligation would be.

Ok, here's the clincher, after talking to me for almost 15 minutes, the guy asks me my income range, 20, 000-40, 000, 40, 000-60, 000, etc. When I told him my income was between 20-40, he said I didn't qualify for their contest and hung up. Just that fast.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

13th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Oh mine was worse than that .When I told him I lost my job and was unemployed I was told I did not qualify. I proceeded to tell the person that it was a scam. They said no it's not a scam. I then got even madder said Thank you, good bye and I hung up. Then I blocked there number from getting through to my number. Oh the joys of VOIP telephone service.

Contact Us