logo

DirectBuy Complaints & Reviews - Waste of time even on phone

DirectBuy Contacts & Informations

DirectBuy

Posted:    Valerie

Waste of time even on phone

DirectBuy
directbuy.com
I received a call from a Direct Buy telemarketer who told me I had been selected to get into a contest in which I could win $50, 000. It had to do with getting a key that would open a box or something at their showroom.

I thought about it for a minute, I had heard about the membership costs, and knew I wasn't going to sign up. But, I am doing some upgrades in my home over the next few months, and the guy on the phone was vague when I told him what I had heard about the membership fees. He gave me examples of people he knew who had bought a $700.00 couch for less than $400.00, and I should have stopped right there. I've seen $700.00 couches, and that was not what I was looking for.

I eventually said that he could send me info, and that I would like to participate in their contest, although at the time, I didn't exactly know what my obligation would be.

Ok, here's the clincher, after talking to me for almost 15 minutes, the guy asks me my income range, 20, 000-40, 000, 40, 000-60, 000, etc. When I told him my income was between 20-40, he said I didn't qualify for their contest and hung up. Just that fast.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2009 by   yourfriend25 0 Votes
Oh mine was worse than that .When I told him I lost my job and was unemployed I was told I did not qualify. I proceeded to tell the person that it was a scam. They said no it's not a scam. I then got even madder said Thank you, good bye and I hung up. Then I blocked there number from getting through to my number. Oh the joys of VOIP telephone service.

5 Ways to Save on Home Remodeling