logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
2. (0 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
3. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    Cyn

Cut Cable Line

Direct TV
Arizona
A couple of days ago the other people in our duplex got Direct TV. We have cable and I believe they had had cable as well. A little after the Direct TV van pulled up next door our cable TV and Internet went out. This isn't unusual as our cable company had some trouble with the whole digital transition though that had cleared up about a month ago. Usually the everything would start working after a few moments/minutes. After about half an hour I went outside, noticing the Direct TV van still there, and went around back to check our box wondering if the instillation guy had turned the cable off while he was working. I didn't see anything plugged into the cable box and when I went around front to ask the van was gone.

When I called my cable company they said they weren't reporting any problems in our area and would send someone to repair it as soon as possible which wasn't until the next morning. One guy checked our equipment inside while the other checked the box out back. The guy inside said our inside equipment was fine and went to check on the guy out back. When he came back he said that not only did the Direct TV guy unplug our cable but he actually cut the line. I had noticed a cut cord when I checked myself but thought there was no way they'd do that. They also said this isn't the first time they've seen this. They've been seeing this more and more when coming in behind a satellite guy.

I am furious! He actually cut our cable and we didn't even subscribe to their service. He might have thought that was the cable to just the neighbors place but I doubt it as it is almost directly in the middle of the the two apartments and there were no other cable boxes on the back of the house so it obviously was for both apartments. I have yet to get a hold of Direct TV. They are also not a member of the BBB that we could find so we can't report them there so we're reporting it here.

What makes me the angriest is that it was done on my son's first birthday and we were going to be having video/web calls with the rest of our families, who live in another state, and we weren't able to because they cut our cables. We can't get our son's first birthday back. We're currently having a house built and were considering getting Direct TV instead of cable. Not anymore. They lost a possible customer.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2013 by   DNVA 0 Votes
I too had my cable cut, possibly by direct tv and under a different circumstance. We recently ended our contract with direct tv. We ended it on good terms not owing any money, and promptly returned all there boxes and remotes for full end of contract and fees. After getting Verizion hooked up (myself) and working using other existing cable we already had run through the house everything was fine. Today I noticed, when in the back yard, by the cable boxes on our house that the direct tv dish still on the house had the end cut off of the cable. Also one other cable that was connected to the dish line via a splitter had also been cut. Hmm, is this a coincidence that some random vandal came in our yard and cut only the direct tv related lines? And left the other cable lines were using intact. Maybe Santa cut them, because they were in his way getting down the chimney.

Tips for Keeping Your Online Business Safe