logo

Snapdeal
delayed and spoiled delivery
4. (51 mins ago)
myairmax2013.com
No info and impossible to reach them
5. (52 mins ago)
Dr. Vaxmonsky
I will never go back to this doctor!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cricket Wireless Complaints & Reviews - I will fight this to the end!

Cricket Wireless Contacts & Informations

Cricket Wireless

Posted:    Jeffery Hoeller

I will fight this to the end!

I had my phone service disconnected when I ported my number to another service provider and then talked to customer service at Cricket to make sure that I would not be debited anymore on my automatic payment plan. They assured me I would not. I find out they are still debiting me. I call customer service and I report the problem they tell me that it is a pro-rated charge for the previous month. B.S.!!! We pay up front for our service or we don't get service the next month. I get the run around from everyone at Cricket. Quite simply, they suck! I will fight this to the end!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2007 by   Chanell Henifin 0 Votes
This company is a rip off. It sounds great to begin with. Unlimited minutes, texting, picture mail, video mail, and so on. Also, unlimited fees!! I bought a $200.00 phone from them and after 5 months of use it completely broke in half. I went into the store and they told me they could not help me out. It looked as if I had broken it on purpose or with handling it to hard. I did nothing what-so-ever like that. So, I bought a used phone from the internet. They wanted to charge me $70.00 to reconnect it to my existing number through them. I had just paid my bill for the entire month and they wanted to charge me all that. FOR WHAT? I was never late paying my bill and ALWAYS a good customer. So, I am taking my service elsewhere. I am very mad at what came about from this. Do not use Cricket. They will nickel and dime you to death.
 23rd of Jun, 2007 by   deborah guttilla 0 Votes
I bought a phone from one of your stores and was told that i could call long distance and toll calls but when i went to my sons graduation i tried to call my sick mother from there and guess what? No service! I was irate that i couldn't find out how my mother was without leaving the graduation ceremony!!! I called the following day and i was told that i didn't have that service but i could get it for of course more money and if i felt that i was wrongly informed for me to not pay the bill. Well i didn't and i now get in the mail an offer that my past due balance and late fees would be waived for just $25 more money!!! I really never even used your phone after i had found out that what i had bought it for wasn't in the package that i had bought. Please don't send any more offers to my home and i don't owe your company anything!!!
 8th of Oct, 2007 by   Bria C 0 Votes
I called customer service and they gave me some b.s that was already in the cricket manual. I've gotten better responses from my baby sister. Cricket is the most bootleg,retarded company I've ever witnessed. I'm not satisfied at all with the service.
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   Leran Kenig 0 Votes
i paid and cricket cashed the checks (online bill paiment)that what my bank told me,cricket cut off my phone for a week and cricket told me they can not see my account on their computer eccept it sais i didnt pay
 1st of Dec, 2007 by   A. Erickson 0 Votes
I cancelled my phone two months ago, and they are still charging my automatic payment. I've been on the phone for hours, mostly on hold, and they are refusing to refund the extra billing.
The coverage has been lousy since I moved, that's why I cancelled, now their service is just as bad!!!
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   Teresa Sproles 0 Votes
I have been with Cricket for aprox 4yrs now. I have always complained about their billing and getting a hold of a human on their automated line wont happen. I needed to do what they call bridge pay for the first time EVER last month. It's where you pay $20 to keep your phone on for another wk. I called CS went through all push this for that and so on. It says all agents are busy. Most companys put you on hold, not cricket it send you right back through the automated service9 again.

My next complaint is this. I bought a new cell yesterday! It was refurbushed which they told me. I paid $30. She said they ONLY thing wrong was that the picture msging may not work. Well it worked but just a min ago my display screen was all screwed up! I turned off the cell, back on and it was blank. It has WATER DAMAGE! I know, cause I have had water damage before on my other cell. I PISSED! I got the $30 phone cause I was hurting for money and this happens. She told me after I talk on it -for 30 mins its mine. I'm DONE! The same cell is on mycricket.com.. sold as a refurbished phone. How can they get away with this??
 28th of Dec, 2007 by   Will L G 0 Votes
I used to work for a Cricket franchise and I do admit, Cricket is a little 'nickel and dimey' but some of the issues I've read here are either scams that we see in the store on a daily basis or simply bad information giving to the customer at the time of purchase.

Purchasing a new phone and finding out it's water damaged? Come on, these phones are NEW out the box, even the refurb'd phones are in good shape. That was one that we would see all the time. Customer would purchase a phone, either they or one of their kids would drop it in some water, they bring the phone back demanding a refund or new phone?!?! Claiming that it was a bogus phone, even though it worked fine when they purchased it.

Or how about the phone that 'mysteriously' broken in half? How in the hell does a phone just suddenly break in half with NO warning at all? Come on ppl, if the phone starts to 'crack' you simply take it back to the store, you don't continue to use it to the point of failure!

These were the sort of customer scams we would see EVERYDAY in da'hood! That's part of the reason we would demo each phone at sale, and show them that it was working as it should, talk about reducing the number of complaints! As for refurb phones, we put stickers on the box denoting that they're refurb'd phones and had the customer sign THREE [3] contracts stating that they know this!

As for all the customer service, billing issues, pay your bill ON time and you won't have to call customer service and wait.... That's how you take care of that problem! And if you mail your payment in, put your ACCOUNT number or PHONE number on the check/money order, otherwise they will have problems finding your account. That's standard practice, you don't mail in an empty envelope with nothing but a check inside when you pay your water bill or gas bill or any other bill for that matter!!!
 17th of Jan, 2008 by   joshua caylor 0 Votes
how about after you cancel your service and don't get charged then a month later they charge you 2 months worth via auto payment. The after you get the whole running around game for a refund on their mistake, they tell you 5-7 business days before returning to your account and it's 10 business later?

Can anyone explain that one?
 7th of Feb, 2008 by   ERICA SCHMIDT +1 Votes
CRICKET SUCKS. THEIR AUTOMATED SYSTEM SUCKS. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT BENEFIT FROM BUYING A CRICKET PHONE ARE LOCAL DRUG DEALERS
 18th of Feb, 2008 by   S.N. +1 Votes
I HAVE HAD CRICKET SERVICES FOR ABOUT FOUR YEARS OR SO AND I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS UNTIL I ADDED ANOTHER PHONE TO MY ACCOUNT IN NOVEMBER 2007 AND FROM THAT POINT ON I HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. EVERY MONTH I RECEIVED A BILL THAT WAS NOT THE ACCURATE AMOUNT SO I STARTED CALLING THE 800 NUMBER EVERY MONTH TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH I NEEDED TO PAY THAT MONTH, THEN I CAME ACROSSED A PROBLEM BY DOING THAT. I CALLED THE 800 NUMBER IN FEBUARY 2008 AND WAS TOLD TO PAY $120.08 SO I WENT AND PAID THAT ON FEBUARY 11TH AND ON FEBUARY 16TH MY PHONES WERE BOTH DISCONNECTED SO I CALLED AND COULD NOT GET A HOLD OF ANYONE SO I WENT TO THE STORE AND ASKED THEM WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY PHONES BEING DISCONNECTED BECAUSE I JUST PAID 120 DOLLARS NOT EVEN A WEEK AGO THEY SAID I HAVE A PAST DUE AMOUNT OF 79 DOLLARS THAT AS BEEN ADDING UP SINCE NOVEMBER AND I ASKED THEM HOW AND WHY THEY HAVE NOT TOLD ME THAT AND I BEEN CALLING EVERY MONTH TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH I OWE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY MAY NEED TO TRAIN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS BETTER BUT I STILL OWE THAT MONEY AND MY PHONES WILL NOT BE TURNED BACK ON UNTIL I PAY THAT BALANCE SO I TOLD THEM I AM NOT PAYING 79 DOLLARS TO THEM WHEN I DONT FEEL I OWE IT. I DECIDED TO GET CELL PHONE SERVICES ELSEWHERE.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   R.S. 0 Votes
I just got Cricket and it was not a good start...First of all I went into the store in Ingram mall and I have never seen such low-class service, actually the lady working there could not care less if I wanted to become a customer or not . She advised me not to get Cricket service if I was hesitating so much...this advice because I was asking simple questions that she was too lazy too answer. I was disquested with this service. I would just reccomend going to an authorized store only.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   burch 0 Votes
servers my bad but get them back up or something dam get it together people yall want a company with high business i can tell yall how to do it hit me up on my email
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   mike bennett 0 Votes
I too am continuing to be billed for a phone I had removed from my plan. When I wnen to pay my monthly bill I told cs ( who I was on hole for 3'x in one day for over 30 min. each time I no longer wanted the addtional phone, fine, they deleted it from the account and I was given a new amount to pay that month. The phone I discontinued was no longer in service the following day. Now one month later I am being billed for that extra line and becuase I refuse to pay it they have discontinued my regular line even after I had made the payment which was the same amount I was told the month before when I originally discontinued the 2nd phone. Now they say they will not reconnect my phone until the past due balance is paid. It was never used...it was disconnected. I told them to forget it, discontinue my whole account. NOW I can no longer get in touch with anyone ( a human)in customer service, its nothing but automated, there is no way to actually get a human being...once your phone # is removed from the system, there is no way to talk to anyone. I have contacted the bettter business bureau who claims they have Cricket listed as an UNSATISFACTORY business. They have tons of complaints with no resolutions. Absolutely unbelievable. MY advise to anyone STAY AWAY FROM CRICKET WIRELESS..they absolute worst company I have ever dealt with.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   GC Got Scammed 0 Votes
My friends and I all bought the same phone and signed up for the same service at the same time, however I am the only person in our group who receives Cricket promotional text messages in SPANISH. My name is Italian but could maybe be mistaken for hispanic. In either case, I'm an English-speaking American and the damn paperwork I filled out was IN ENGLISH! I'm insulted that Cricket would assume that since my name "sounds" hispanic that I can't possibly understand English. (This is all to cater to Illegal Immigrants. Who else needs text messages in spanish. Hispanic Americans all speak English. ) And when I called customer service to have them prevent the text messages, they all told me they would suppress them, but the texts are still being sent! How is it that I'm the one singled out here? Another thing, the dumb-asses who processed my paperwork keyed in the wrong birthday for me, and Cricket says it is impossible for them to change it now. They recommended memorizing their typo instead in order to reach them in the future! I thought it was a joke at first, but both the customer rep and supervisor were serious. Incredible. So... anybody want to buy a Cricket phone?
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   Teresa Sproles -1 Votes
I posted a comment above about my refurbished cell. This is in regards to the comment made by Will L G! My cell was NOT new! I ended up taking that cell back to cricket. I got a really nice lady there to help me. She told me that she bet they had taken back 95% of those phones they sold to me! She agreed that it had water damage. (Not caused by me!!!) She said the phones were junk, that they were actually VERIZON cell phones that they switched over to cricket. She took the cell back and told me she was not going to give me that same cell again. She gave me another refurb cell but swore to me it was a good phone. She was suppose to charge me $10 to take the cell back! You believe that? But she said they would eat the cost. She didn't feel right charging me for that. That phone worked for 2 days. It started getting really hot to the touch. I took it back they gave me a new battery. Solved that problem. Took back again the next day because it wouldn't hold a charge. They said I needed a new charger and would have to order me one, they were out! I never got it. So, I just want to make it clear... I was not scamming anyone at cricket. They were scamming me!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   ltoms 0 Votes
Thanks for all the responses on here!! now it confirms to me that cricket is a joke, and I am glad I stuck with my cell phone services. It may be 60 dollars more a month but I think CS is the number one thing!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Eric 0 Votes
I had cricket wireless for a year and heres a list of problems i experienced.

I bought a 200$ nokia sliver flip phone. loved it. a few months later it started cracking around the middle and i wasnt rough on it at all. My best friend bought the same phone and it did the same thing in the same spot. she had insurance and i didnt...i figured with Nokia...i wouldnt need insurance. my phone eventually gave way and broke in half. my friend got the same phone as a replacement...again the same problem, hers snapped in the ame place. so then i got a cheaper phone. a few days went by and my old phone that had snapped still had a charge to it and was still on till the battery died. well anyways BOTH phones would get the same text messages. eventually the snapped ones batter died. well guess where its text messages were going? to my new phone. For 8 months i always got DUPLICATE text messages. talk about annoying

sometimes never got my calls, texts, voicemails.

if you were to sit next to me and call my phone...it would ring on your end...sometimes not on mine

if i left an area of service and didnt turn off my phone before leaving service and someone called...it would ring like i was in service. Those calling would think i was ignoring them.

ALWAYS AN ECHO when i would call someone!!!

Customer service never spoke english so they never understood what you were talking about.

I tried to disconnect my service and they WOULD NOT take no for an answer. Eventually i annoyed the 3rd world country represenative (im not racist or whatever...but come on these people were NO help!) in turning off my phone. I ported my number over to Virgin Mobile. A little prepaid but it was worth it. Guess what...Cricket reused my number and some random person had my number and so did my virgin phone. Didnt have an account with cricket anymore and couldnt contact a real person to fix it.

...Terrible Company...DONT get it!!!
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   Wendy McD 0 Votes
The problem that I have with stupid Cricket, is that my bill gets higher, and higher every month!!! Every time I call 1-800-cricket, I am fed the same crap over and over, on how they can't access my account, and how I have to go to my local Cricket store. So, twice now, I have gone to my local Cricket store, and they tell me that there is no problem with my account, and that the 1-800 number should be able to help. (YEA RIGHT!!!) When I complain about my bill, it is as if I am speaking to a brick wall. The guy looked at me stoned faced, and said "that is what you owe. If you want service, you have to pay it." My bill normally is around $50.00 a month. NOTHING has changed on my account, and I haven't made any extra charges on my account. My bill now says that I owe $79.35. This is highway robbery, and I have HAD IT.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   damion -1 Votes
I've had a cricket phone for the last, hmm, what 2 years.

I never have had a problem with the service, i understood that if i went out side the calling area i wouldent get service. Hell i went online and looked at the fucking coverage map. It works just fine for the price that i pay. i have on my account the following:
unlimited calling
unlimited txt
NO VOCIEMAIL, b/c i dont like to waste my time to see what somebody has to say in my voicemail, i rather just call them back asking what they wanted.

I pay almost $45/mo
i pay in store
not bill pay, thats stupid giving a company access into your account.

i chose the kyocera k132, a little brick phone.

i have treated this phone like a football.

the phones you guys talk about above are all fancy and shit.

and if cricket txts you promotions, all you have to do is txt back "STOP"
and by law they stop.
If its in spanish txt "parar"

sounds like everybody bitching is a bunch of idiots and rich yuppies!!!
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   zookeeper1367 0 Votes
I have had cricket for about 2 years and my only complaints are: Even on the brand new phones, the chargers stop working after a few months. Does not matter if it is Kyocera, Samsung, or Nokia. And the other problem is actually a group of different issues with their billing practices. Bridge pay is a joke, they don't tell you that only $5 goes toward your bill after they tack on a late fee of $15. If you pay in-store, only $2 goes toward your bill. Also, if your phone gets shut off for non-payment, before you can get service again, you have to pay for a month of service you did not use (because your phone was shut off). And, finally, I paid a month ahead on my service after getting it restarted and I get a text about my bill being due two days after that. I was told it was a charge from a late payment months ago that had been carrying over and incurring a late charge every month. How is it that the charge just now showed up? Rep just shrugged her shoulders. Next time I can't pay my bill in full, I will try just letting it go for a month.

I really have not other choice... I do not want a contract for one or 2 years, prepaid costs too much and I absolutely MUST have a cell phone.

Tips For Avoiding Timeshare Scams