logo

Money fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Costco, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Scam and fraud!

Costco Contacts & Informations

Costco

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and fraud!

Costco
Executive Drive
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
www.costco.com
I was on my way to Costco to go shopping when my tire alert went on. I had a screw in my tire. I went to the tire center to see if they would plug the tire. It was a Sunday, I was 20 miles from home, and it was minus 5 degrees outside. They refused to fix it because I did not buy them there. My car was two months old and the tires came with it, so of course I did not get those tires from them. I had to put more air in the tire and hope I made it home because I did not know of any place nearby that was open that could fix it. I e-mailed customer service and they said that was their policy, so I e-mailed the president and his administrative assistant, neither responded.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Oct, 2008 by   shadowtraveller 0 Votes
Costco knows that the new rule of not fixing every persons tires who did not get them at Costco puts a strain on those members who are in need of this service and for this they are truly sorry. When the tire bays are full with member's cars that need to be attended to, (because the price of the tires is right and who is going to turn away from a good deal?) and Costco members ( or even NON-members ) feel that they should be given added treatment on items that are not under Costco's tire warrenty due to tires NOT bought at Costco this puts a strain of those members that DID buy tires and these members and their cars TOTALLY deserve attention. To do so otherwise puts the waiting time back even further for those members who have every right to be attended to in a timely manner. I personally hope you do not become hard hearted by this encounter and continue to shop at what is still a great place, with great folks to help you!
I sincerely hope you have a good day :)
 1st of Feb, 2009 by   danny 0 Votes
Call AAA, or you local wrecker service if you cannot change your own tire. Since you say its was a new vehicle, then you have roadside assistance. I'm sure in the twenty miles you drove you passed more than one service station or tire repair shop. The folks at costco are great. they work very hard to get members who purchased their tires from costco in and out as quickly as possible.
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   king of complaints -1 Votes
take a cart, put some vulnerable staffs, like eggs, glass, flour in it and vandalize them while u go around in the costco and leave them inside and come out and have a cheap hot-dog and pop and go home...
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   rockosolido 0 Votes
Costco's policy is that they cannot preform service on tires not purchased through Costco, I don't see why this should come as a surprise to you. As mentioned, there are members who HAVE purchased tires that would feel very strongly about having the tire center's already long wait times pushed back further for non-purchased service. Beyond that, by not servicing tires that were not purchased through Costco, it also reduced liability for the company. SHOULD something happen to your tire after having it serviced at Costco, they are now responsible for any damaged incurred.

A plug and/or patch typically isn't more than $10. There wasn't a Discount, Bell, WalMart or any various service centers nearby?
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   jay v 0 Votes
if they have time or you can wait. they will try to get you in. most people freak out at the thought of a simple ten minute patch taking three hours due to the line ahead and speed off

Job Scams On Craigslist