logo

Posted:    heidi in oregon

Terrible service

Conexis
Oregon
Conexis is the most disorganized and unethical company I have ever worked with. Because my former employer contracted with Conexis to administer Cobra benefits I have had to go through hell for the last five months. Now they have said they did not receive my last premium payment which cancels our insurance benefits. I mailed it from the local post office and know that it was received by them because it was never returned to me. I had the postman hand cancel the letter so there would be no question of the day it was mailed. I received a cancellation letter last week and called in a panic four times that day. I asked for an investigation to be opened and then was told I would receive a call within 24-48 hours. I never received a call back so I called back the next day and the automated line said I was "continuing coverage". I spoke to a representative named "Alex" and was told that "yes, they received my premium, postmarked July 1 and that I have continuing coverage." Today, Saturday, I received a letter saying I was "cancelled". My husband is scheduled to have knee replacement on Monday morning at 5:45 am. I can not call their offices until Monday morning at 5 am my time. What am I supposed to do now? This company is playing with peoples health and financial welfare. How can they be so negligent? I am beside myself and so worried about our future.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Aug, 2009 by   AGH! +1 Votes
I have been going through the same thing for months. All of the complaints that I have been reading are all so familiar to me. They hang onto check for weeks, yet cash ones mailed at a later time right away. I called and spoke to a mgr at one point and she said, "Wow, they really messed up with this account, I'll call you back in the next two days". She of course did not and I kept calling and leaving messages for her. They have almost $2, 000 of my my money, yet I can not go to the Dr or dentist because I am told I have coverage one day, and then told (or receive cancellations notices -all with different dates) another day. I am appalled! The US Dep[. of Labor has bben eager to help, but it is still not over. We thought that it was, but the are now sitting on 2 of my checks that i mailed out over a week ago totaling almost $1, 700. I assume to make me late?! But why!!? Why would they want to do this to people and create headaches for themselves? To get our $ late after months of battling while we are not allowed medical services during that time so they don't have to pay out to the medical practices. Ah ha!

Someone really needs to start a class action law suit, I don't have time for this... but will need to jump on bord if it is lined up!
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   Cove45 0 Votes
I too have spoken to Alex this week. I made the payment with 2 weeks to spare - check free automatic online banking. Got check number and confirmation number from them - have not had check returned. I think they threw it away so they could cancel my policy -- I had quite a few claims last month. How can this be fixed - have spent several days trying to get it resloved and they keep saying it is a Federal Law to cancel for non payment.
How did you get help? Sounds like you are making progress...

Good luck with it.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   dizzy1988 -1 Votes
this is too funny. im a former employee of a conexis and have help my opinion inside for quite some time. 85 percent of "issues" we have are because you either wait till the last minute to send your premium and expect it to be there and processed in two days or because you didnt take the time to read thr notice. NEWS FLASH! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PARTICIPANT!!! WE STATE, 24-72 BUSINESS HOURS, KEY WORD HERE IS BUSINESS HRS. MEANING 3-5 DAYS!! Leason learned, dont wait till the last minute.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   rshuman +1 Votes
Dizzy1988-

LOL- It cracks me up that you worked for Conexis because your answer is so typical of their culture. You would think a persons desperation for health care is "too funny"? The Conexis Web sites states 24-72 HOURS- not business hours. FYI- The BBB has Conexis listed as a C- in customer satisfaction- I am in HR and they are a nightmare to work with- If there are an benefits administrators out there- and you care about your employees stay away from this company.
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   Jim@UCI +1 Votes
I feel your pain. They may be having Corporate Cash Flow problems which both causes them to collect monies without acknowledging your payment or they have another approach to conserving cash which is to claim to have not received reimbursement claims to conserve costs. Call your HR Benefits Office and post a complaint on the Better Business website for the respective State. www.bbb.org
 17th of May, 2010 by   looking4asecret63@yahoo.com 0 Votes
I am an ex employee. You people are complaining to the wrong company. You need to go to Word and Brown...they are they greedy ones...living high while you sit in a trashy clinic trying to get a flu shot with no coverage.. Word and Brown in california.. they are HUGE... do business with Anthem.. Helping make people mirable... believe me when I say they care NOTHING about you guys... only your employer or, x employer.. who as we know.. cares nothing about you

soryy i screwed you guys for 5 years but. I needed a pay check just like you
 27th of May, 2010 by   misssusan484 0 Votes
For help call V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   marie1986 0 Votes
That is not Dee Dee's correct line. She works in Orange at a (714) 567- number, but she is amazing!! Word and Brown help desk Orange will get you to her.

Fight Against Healthcare Insurance Fraud