logo

Udidreg.com
Take your business elsewhere
4. (11 mins ago)
MMOGA
Fifa coins - Payment check?
5. (14 mins ago)
beauty-centre.org
Seller sends fake perfume and refuses to communicate

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Hardworkingcustomer

Stop payment/ Overdraft fee

RBS Citizens
Massachusetts
I accidently pressed the wrong button online and charged $384 to my checking account. I immediately called the company i was paying a bill for and they told me to call the bank and order a stop payment. I did that. I asked the representative on the phone if the stop payment would actually stop the payment from posting to my account and causing it to overdraft. She said Yes. I also asked her if the stoppayment would be effective on the same day i ordered it, she said yes. So i paid $25 and ordered the stop payment. The following business day i check my account, and find that not only had Citizens bank, not stopped the payment, they over drew my account and charged me $78. Also, since i had made multiple online payments that day, when they posted to my account the bank charged me an additional $78. Then after all those charges, the stop payment kicked and the bank reversed the charge but it didnt make a difference. So now i owe the bank $156, even though i paid them $25 to avoid those charges.
But the story doesnt end there. I called the bank to inquire about the charges and they claim that they were valid because the representative wrote in her notes that she explained everything to me. So immediately requested that they pull the tapes. About 2 1/2 weeks later i still did hear from them about what the tapes said. so i called them back. This time the represetative apologized for the supervisor not contacting me and the other representative one giving me the wrong information but he couldnt help me. He said that they were going to go by the notes that the representative took and that there was no need to pull the tapes.

I tell you, this bank is shameless, i am a college student struggling to make ends meet and the bank takes my money with no mercy. I can't wait fot them to go under. I know that i am not the first or the last person for this to happen to and eventually the bank is going to regret scamming so many customers.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Apr, 2012 by   AWhite1 0 Votes
I accidentally paid a bill twice in a month today. I simply clicked the wrong category and hit submit. As soon as I did it, I went to hit the cancel button. It wasn't there! So I called the bank, thinking no biggie this just happened 10 minutes ago, maybe I need to get my eyes checked again. Were they helpful? NOPE! They said I'd have to pay a stop payment fee of 35 bucks. I told them no, I'd rather take that money and donate it towards a charity. But, this is what is ruining American. Fees for everything...it amazes me what these banks get away with. I've never had one bouncer, overdraft fee, etc. Nor have I come close. I've been at Citizens before it was Citizens when I was 14! Think they care about that loyalty?? NOPE! Forget online banking, I'll go back to my check book thanks. Clicking one little box never cost me so much, so fast in my whole life.

Mortgage Fraud Still Remains