logo

Citibank Credit Card Philippines Contacts & Informations

Citibank Credit Card Philippines

Posted:    Rose De Villa

Citibank

I have a complaint with Citibank Philippines Credit Card Company...
First, Girl A has been a cardholder of Citibank for more than 8 years now and due to unexpected circumstances, she flew to London because of job offer. She then asked us to pay her monthly obligations with Citibank which apparently after a year, we failed to do so until it accummulated interest and charges later on. After about 2 years of non-payment, the balance becomes higher and higher without the knowledge of Girl A... We received demand letters here and there until I finally decided to pay since the law office offered a huge discount... From PHP57,000 to 16,644.25... I called up the law office and confirmed the offer and asked them to fax me an agreement letter stating that after payment of PHP16,644.25 on agreed date, Girl A's account will be cleared and closed and they will issue a certificate. They did fax to me the written agreement. After paying, to our dismay, they called me again and told me the amount I paid was not enough. It should have been more, according to them. But I refused to pay more already since what I followed was our oral and written agreement. After paying last July 2007, until October 2007, they NEVER issued us a certificate. I directly called up Citibank Office and told them our complaint but they gave us broken promises. They said Law Office or Collecting Agencies are greedy and want to ask for more, it is however their strategy to collect more, and they said they will issue us a certificate closing the said account. It is already January 2008 but no certificate was issued. I tried to make follow up with Citibank but now, they wanted to talk to the card holder already when before they never asked about it and that since we are not the card holder, we took the responsibility to pay & they never demanded us "the card holder should PAY"... the bottom line here is that, we PAID, we have EVIDENCES, we have an Agreement letter about discount/amnesty, why are they holding and pending Girl A's certificate?

This doesnt happen to me only, this is happening to some of the peers I know also, to my boss, to my officemate and some friends. When you pay, they will NOT issue a certificate regardless of the agreement letter they gave you. The harrassment won't stop.

Citibank must do something about this because as what i know, they are now losing clients and transferring to other much better credit card services..
Comments Philippines Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Citibank Credit Card Philippines complaints
Citibank Credit Card Philippines - Citibank Mastercard

Comments

4th of Jan, 2008 by   mom 0 Votes
as long as you have the agreement letter,that's OK
 18th of Mar, 2008 by   Not a dad 0 Votes
You have already done your part. These collection agencies are really sneaky when it comes to collection. But since you agreed to pay, they actually killed their own case, because you can readily claim that you paid on the basis that the amount paid, which they accepted, was the full amount that they demanded in exchange of waiving the rest. The collection agency already obtained a discount from the principal amount when they bought the receivables from the card company (I estimate their discount at 75-85% off principal), everything they get above it is profit for them. Further, as many Philippine lawyers have told their clients, "WALANG NAKUKULONG DAHIL SA UTANG" (no one gets jailed for having a debt). While not exactly true, a 5-digit amount is usually not aggressively sought after, because of the costs of litigation.

Finally, Citibank is not alone in selling their receivables. Card companies that are not insuring their receivables are doing it, so moving to another card company will not solve your problem. The best way to use a credit card is to pay off the entire balance each month.
__________
This post was made while searching for "citibank philippines card services".
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   MK 0 Votes
This also happened to me but with a different company, which is Standard Chartered. They offered a "discount program" for 40% off the outstanding amount payable in a 6-month period. While we did ask for some documentation on this arrangement, we were given none (not even by email). Nonetheless we pursued the arrangement diligently.

When it came time to make the final amortization, the company called and said the approved discount was only for 30% and that we need to adjust our final payment to almost double the original amount. Of course that threw a monkey wrench on everything especially since we're budgeting our hard earned money for the upcoming school enrollment of our child. I said that since we were talking about adjustments I demanded for additional time to comply but they refused stating that the amount is expected on the next scheduled cycle of payment.

I have never felt so used and abused in my entire life. Not only was I not provided with proper written documents on the arrangement, Standard Chartered now has the temerity to change the rules to their favor at the last minute, and while they can offer up explanations for the changes, the consumer now seems to have no right whatsoever to request to seek any justifiable extension or consensus regarding the matter.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   jc 0 Votes
In Oct 2008, a courier went to our office looking for me and delivering a Unionbank credit card that I DID NOT applied for. I refused to accept the card. Then after a week or so I received a billing statement from Unionbank credit cards charging me Php1, 500 service charge for the credit card that I did not get to hold and have the courier return the card to the credit card company. I called the customer service in the name of "Janet" and I told her my concern. She told me that I am not obliged to pay and that I can cancel the card to totally deactivate it but she cannot serve my card cancellation at that time because the system needs to be re-started so she asked me to call again. I cannot contact the service hotline today, Fri oct 24, it says the line is busy.

I already sent CANCELLATION requests to the customer service and they even requested for personal information to process the request. They told me that it will be automatically cancelled if they did not call within 3 days so I assumed the account was already cancelled since they did not call, but to my dismay just this day I received a billing statement for November 2008.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Pinay in SG 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. I made an arrangement with the collection agency. Half-way through I noticed that my bill still has the original amount so I called the agency and told them that I want a certificate stating I paid X amount and that I owe them only X amount. I wanted to make sure that they give me something in writing. When they didn't send me any certificate I called them again and threatened to stop payment unless I get a certificate. That was 2007. It's now 2009 and I still dont have a certificate. And as far as I know, they still send me bills with the original amount plus tons of charges to my parents place.

I'm migrating to the US for good. Anybody knows if this will affect my credit rating there?

Help!
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   KBryant 0 Votes
DON'T GET CREDITCARDS OR LOANS FROM CITIBANK PHILIPPINES. Citibank Philippines is a 'b.s.' company. They allow 'agents' to convince you to get loans, cash advance, etc with very tempting terms. When it's time for you to terminate your loan(lump sum payment), they will give you a different computation that will increased the amount of the lump sum payment. If you complain they will point you to different Citibank departments and ask to wait for days. Since it's been years ago, no more recordings(of conversation with agent) and then the agent's company will tell you that the agent is no longer working for them. So, you'll end up paying more because the interest keeps adding up while your waiting for the case to get resolved. DON'T GET CREDITCARDS OR LOANS FROM CITIBANK PHILIPPINES! I WISH THEY GET BANKRUPT!
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   jc valdez 0 Votes
can credit card companies prevent or hold a person from going abroad? just this morning a attorney from AIG went to our house and told my mom that i have to pay 19, 000 pesos on or before friday or else they will get all the things they could get in our house. plus i cannot go abroad.. is this all true? do they really have the power to do this?
 20th of Apr, 2010 by   alvino1578 0 Votes
may tumatawag pa naman sakin from CitiBank na pinag aapply nila ko for Creditcard nila. buti na lang hindi ako pumayag and not interested to apply...
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   badtrip 0 Votes
badtrip talaga yang citibank eh wala silang maayos na contrata bahala sila.. paiba iba sila ng desisyon
 9th of May, 2011 by   princess198491 0 Votes
AN ACT PROHIBITING CREDIT CARD DEBT-COLLECTION HARASSMENT

According to Article 3 Section 20 of the 1987 Constitution:
“No person shall be imprisoned for debt or non-payment of a poll tax.”
Numerous complaints have been made about how credit card companies, through their
counsels or collection agencies, use unfair collection practices that range from harassment to
borderline illegal. Although we do recognize their right to the amount that is due them, in the
enforcement of this right they must observe good faith and reasonable conduct. This is in
keeping with Article 19 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which states that:
“Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties,
act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith.”
This bill addresses the concerns of numerous credit card holders. It also is a kindred
spirit to Section 7 of BSP Circular No. 454, series of 2004. Both enumerate the ways by which
credit card debtors are harassed and humiliated in the collection process. But this bill goes
further by penalizing the prohibited acts through fines and revocation of licenses.

AN ACT PROHIBITING CREDIT CARD DEBT-COLLECTION HARASSMENT
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress
assern bled:
SECTION 1. Prohibited Unfair Collection Practices. - Collection agencies and
collection attorneys, working as third-party or principal collectors, are prohibited from engaging
in the following conducts:
A) Communicating with the employer, relative or friends about the debtor, unless a court has
given the collector the permission to do so;
B) Contacting the debtor at work or at unreasonablehnconvenient times or hours which shall
be defined as contact before 6:OO A.M. or after 1O:OO P.M;
C) Falsely representing the character, amount, or legal status of the debt;
D) Threatening to take actions that are illegal or not intended;
E) Using obscenities, insults, or profane language;
F) Using or threatening to use violence or other criminal means to harm the physical person,
reputation, or property of any person;
G) Repeatedly calling or visiting the debtor.
SECTION 2. Penalty. - Upon conviction of a viola..m of this Act, a fine of One
Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 100, 000.00) per occurrence shall be imposed. A subsequent
violation shall be penalized with a fine of Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PW 500, 000.00) and
revocation of the business or professional license of the collector.
3 modified accordingly.
SECTION 3. Repealing Clause. - All laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations or
parts thereof inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are hereby repealed, amended or
SECTION 4. Effectivity Clause. - This Act shall take effect after fifteen (15) days
following its publication in the Official Gazette or in two (2) newspapers of general circulation.
Approved,
 22nd of May, 2011 by   parker.ruiz 0 Votes
same thing happened to me.. I had a Citibank Visa Card and after few days of receiving the card, someone from the agency talked to me asked for some informations which regards to my family members. Never knowing that they would be issuing me 6 supplementary cards which I never activated so I assume that there would be no charges that would incur from that. I used the card and have a good credit standing. But unfortunately, after a year, all the annual fee for my principal and supplementary cards were charged to me and demanding me a minimum payment due of 5, 600php which I cannot pay in full. I coordinated this matter with the customer service and asking for reversal of charges. What they told me is that I have to settle first the payment before they can made any modifications on my account. I told them honestly that I cannot pay that amount unless the excess charges will be waived. As of now I am receiving calls from the collections and law agency demanding me to pay the balances. I just ignored them because I already talked to the Citibank representative.
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   jay99999 0 Votes
I also have similar issues with citibank. There bill was delay and I'm not able to pay on time, but its just fine when I called their customer service they agreed to reverse the charges. Here's comes the problem, the delay keep on happen until I have to call them and make follow up. Suddenly they just send me the bill of several months together, it was let me shock that they combined the amount to latest bill even the installment was computed. I have to call them again for the adjustment, they agreed to do so but until now still didn't received. They just keep on sending the bill with the necessary charges, and inform that was turn to collection department.
I don't understand why don't they control their quality of service? Imagine they are worldwide company, and you can compare to others. I have also other credit card with BPI, they don't have any issue from start up to now.
 30th of Jun, 2011 by   babaeng_radikal 0 Votes
I am also a Citibak Card holder that was cancelled 1999 pa. I was able to talked to a collection agency and make an agreement. for 26k including charges I was able to pay 1200 per payday for 6 months yuun yung na haggle ko and i was able to paid it off for yr 2000 april. 2005 I need to make a loan...siyempre nasa NDP and CMAP di ka makakaloan sa ibang financila instituions so what I did was called citibank and after 3 months they were able to released my Certification/Clearance which until now tinatago ko for reference. What i did before was, paid my card under my credi card number and fax to the collection agency yung receipt ng payment ko, kasi pag sa collection agency kayo nagbayad e malaki ang probaility na hindi nila ma endorse yan. this is in fairness naman sa citibank...pero matindi talaga sila maningil...bintangero hahahaha
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   hazelramos 0 Votes
i also have a problem with Citibank. I called their customer service to ask for an installment program and gave the number 9955001 and 995091. I express my intention in paying them the principal in terms that would be easy for me, that was january this year. Unfortunately, until now, i haven't got a feedback from my application and different agents are calling me everyday.I decided not to pay them my last month's due, but before that, my account was not past due, they never sent me the renewal of my card since november last year. On my view, since i don't have the renewed card, i am not a member anymore and should not be paying them 3.5% interest. that was the reason why i applied for their installment program. but to my dismay, one of their agents told me that this is in limited slots only and as per bank approval . was there any violation of rights here? they keep on calling me and asking me to pay the 3.5% well in fact that i am not holding a physical evidence that i am still a cardholder. Agents were calling, some would say that they will re-issue my card, some would say that i just need to pay the monthly due and they would process the account and some will call 8 in the morning to follow up payments. i am so pissed off. i believe they are decieving me and just today, i received call that there will be a field visitation this wednesday if will not pay them today, that is for the last month's due and only 1 month. Gosh.. please help me. what should i do?
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   Nestor Mejila 0 Votes
Citibank or its collection agent has replaced my Mastercard with 2011 expiry into even if it is not expired in 2010 . Last year I made payment to a bank for my Mastecard but the teller inform me that my card number is not valid as it is already Visa, I stated to the teller that I have no Citibank Visa card. I tried to use Citibank Mastercard to pay for my purchases in groceries but it will not be accepted. I made payment within this year with the use of new account numbers and different number with my existing card as stated in the billing and it is accepted. The collection (male 1) 09399392428 keep on demanding to pay my balance, I complain to them and ask where is the Visa card and just tell that it was already invalid due to my overdue payment. They cannot issue another card and they just want me to pay the balance. I call the collection agent to inform the customer service and he said I should call customer service. I call 9955485 it was (female 2) responded and asking my Mastercard number so I said wait I will get my card as I checked again my phone she 's not on-line. I call again 9955485 (male 3 ) and again asking my old Mastercard number so I dectated the numerals then off-line.With this scenario on phone calls we cannot conclude that they are ligitimate Citibank employees because the Citibank also is texting to me to pay balance but of another phone number ?
 18th of Sep, 2011 by   0323 0 Votes
I am under citibank amnesty program. According to their computation I have to pay P2, 020.00 every 17th of the month. Unlucky I skipped to pay the amount on the said date but I paid the amount on the same month. Late is 23rd of the month. Last Friday agent called me telling that I have already additional penalty of P1, 300. P2, 020+1300. But before that tumawag ako sa citibank informing them na medyo ma late ako ng bayad pero this month ko rin naman mababayaran. 4yrs ang amnesty program. P68, 000 ang maximum na puwede kong magamit dati. bago pa lang mag program ang dami na nilang penalty na binigay sa akin. Imagine need kong magbayad every month ng P2, 020 for 4 years. Aabot siya ng P96, 960 tapos gusto nyo pang dagdagan pa ng penalty. Tubong lugaw naman kayo. Hindi kayo nakukuha sa pakiusap. Kaya maraming tumatakbong consumer sa inyo dahil sa mga ugali nyo. Hindi makatao. Samantalang yung nakikiusap at nagpipilit magbayad yun pa ang ginigipit nyo
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   mimi2012 0 Votes
i have a problem in citibank due to my credit card as a supplementary. I contact for clarification because they inform us to my son he is a card holder. They told me i have a balance padaw.. How can have balance for this kasi bomabayad naman ako ng advanced payment kahit malayo pa ang due date ko? Also i notice citi bank did not send us STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT mula ng meron akong card? bakit hindi sila nagpapadala ng noticed noon para malaman ko at bakit ngayon lang? As you know i got an item worth Php 5, 292 only payable for 6 months. i think already paid na po ako maliban lamang sa annual fee. Para sa akin babayaran ko lang ang annual fee namin at hindi na ang balance ko. So para mapatunayan n'yo po .. i attached my scanned documents of receipt including the store that i had buy an item. I Hope ma setup na po lahat ang problima ko. Thanks and more power>
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   Margie Sdj 0 Votes
My Credit card was expired more than 3 months ago, , Citibank inform us that they will deliver the new credit card.. we contacted them for many-many time... but the result is nothing... we are very disappointed ... What kind of banking system is this ??... Worst quality service !! The worst that we've ever dealing with.!!
 10th of Apr, 2014 by   gal31 0 Votes
ot the same problem with citibank. spoke to them 3 years ago about the debt but i was told about this program and It seem I am not entitled. So they gave me to this attorney who contacted thru email to sort out my debt. The attorney m dealing with seem dodgy. He wants me to pay 50000 pesos. Which i said i dont have the funds. and Also i get annoyed cause he told me including their salary i will be paying as well. So up to now i still owed money to citibank. Which Im Trying to sort out now. But the most shocking part is 2 days ago i heard from my aunt That my grandmas house has been siezed by them. I was shocked cause I never use anybody as a guarantor. I was trying to contact the manager but its holiday now in the philippines. can the bank repossessed which It. They closed my account but they are still charging me with Interest. i was paying them before but it seem It doesnt do anything. Need your advicE.
 18th of Apr, 2014 by   employee1234 0 Votes
I also am experiencing the same problem with the Citibank Collection Agent. I am specifying that it was an outsourced company to do their collections so as not to sound too impartial to Citibank. I know the agent harassing me now is outsourced. Anyway, upon consultation, I was advised to deal directly with Citibank to get the issue settled. For as long as you are sincerely intending to settle your debt, I am confident that some reasonable arrangement that can be made. I too am ignoring the calls of the agent because he has gotten abrasive and started insulting me verbally. I am waiting for the bank to contact me as soon as the holidays are over.

6 Tips to Avoiding Flight Delays