logo

ILLEGLE CONVEYNCE DEED SANCTIONEDBY DDR

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Circle KBL outfitters, Darby, Montana Complaints & Reviews - false information on website

Circle KBL outfitters Contacts & Informations

Circle KBL outfitters

Posted: 2011-03-19 by    Unhappy Michigander

false information on website

Circle KBL Outfitters
Darby, Montana
circlekbl.com
I won a free elk hunt on their website in March 2010. They advertised it as a "guided elk lodge hunt". I gave the hunt to my husband and the owner told us for 500 dollars I could come along and hang out in the lodge. They listed the emenities as satellite TV, comfortable modern lodge and home cooked meals. When we arrived, the modern, comfortable lodge with the satellite TV was their house with their kids and where we stayed (the last week of October in Montana) was an unheated bunkhouse with a couple of spaceheaters (one of which didnt work), a TV that didnt get ANY channels, some scratched DVD movies laying around and a couch with the springs sticking up through it. But, hands down, the worst part of the whole trip was the condition of the bunkhouse. We arrived to find it FILTHY. There was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain, no toilet paper, overflowing trash cans, the guides' personal toiletries, clothing and food laying around. The toilet and kitchen sink were disgusting, I spent 30 minutes cleaning the coffee machine, and the place was filled with flies. I sprayed hundreds of them for the 41/2 days we were there. When we asked where a store was that had cleaning products we were told to go to town and have a beer and someone would clean it. We came back and recleaned it with products we bought ourselves.
The house was off-limits except for meals. By the middle of the week we were not even being notified when dinner was ready and my husband got a sandwich and a granola bar and a bottle of water for lunch. We left a day early we were so fed up. I had to drive 17 miles one way to a store that had a video rental (Redbox) because nobody in Darby would rent a movie to anyone who didnt have a Darby address...even with a credit card. I would NOT recommend this place to ANYONE. We drove across the country from Michigan and paid 900 dollars for a license and 500 additional charge for crappy accomodations and food and service. The only thing that made the week bearable was the guide Mike. He was awesome and even though my husband didnt get an elk he had alot of fun and exercise with the guide. Mike even recommended a great restaurant for our last night...cause we knew we were not welcome at the "lodge". I cant believe that this guy is still in business. He bullied us about our political views and had us walking through horse shit to get to the bunkhouse. I even had a guide walk in on me just after I had gotten out of the shower with his dog "to get his shaving stuff". Give me as break! With all the outfitters in this area...pick someone else. Funny...after we left they changed their website a bit. Still is a bunch of bull though.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2014 by   Elkhunter 0 Votes
Went on an awesome hunt with these guys. This lady should have stayed home in the kitchen where she obviously belongs. Perhaps a spa day with the $500.

Nigerian Fraud