logo

EXACTUS INFOTECH SOLUTION PVT LTD
Fraud placement service
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
‚ÄčThe mit manager Joseph Botros Jr told me it's not possible.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Honest Plumber

Big Scam

Choice Home warranty
Maryland
My company has been doing business with Home Warranty's for over 30 years. We recently signed on with Choice Home Warranty and while the majority of Home Warranty's are honest, I can tell you that Choice is not. Each and every time we call for approval we get the same run around by the same authorizer ( which sounds like some high school kid working out of his bedroom ) and each time he stumbles across various reasons not to cover the claim. This not only makes the customer mad but makes the contractor on the job look like a crook too. My last attempt to have a claim approved was answered by the same BS. I responded to the authorizer ( while in front of the customer, which I shouldn't have ) like a father scolding his 15 year old child. And guess what, I got the approval. We have since refused to work with Choice anymore. I highly recommend a Home Warranty. But not Choice. There are 3 Home Warranty's that I would recommend in this order ... The Warranty Group ( TWG ), 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, and HMS. We've worked with many Home Warranty's and have found these 3 to be the most honest and to have a good contractor relationship. So, Stay away from Choice Home Rip-off. I truly expect to see them on Dateline or 20-20 or some news show soon.
Comments United States Plumbing Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of May, 2009 by   JJJConsumer +2 Votes
I have been wondering what there reputation was, from a contractor point of view. Thanks for your advise. Please feel free to join my Choice Home Warranty complaints group.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Choice Home Warranty Scam +2 Votes
We are also a contractor (in Las Vegas) that has been doing business with home warranties for quite some time and we signed up with Choice home warranty months ago. They sent us a work order today for the 1st time & their work order looks exactly like National Home Protection, which turned out to be a complete scam as well. National Home Protection owes us thousands of dollars and thank you for having this online & saving us time, money & headaches. These 2 companies seem to have scamed a lot of people. We also recommend the below home wararnties but can you tell us who HMS is? We are also staying away from Choice Home.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned Consumer 0 Votes
National Home Protection and Choice Home Warranty are the same. The owners of this companies are running a scam where they change names every two or there years. They yell at you when they see that you have provided to them all the ridiculous demands to have your items fixed. They denied all of mine, although I sent to them everything they requested. They have been around for 15 years I think and always change their names. If all of us unite and write Dateline complaining about them, maybe they'll do a show and get them out of business for good. Please help me on this crusade. I already contacted Dateline, but so far i have gotten no where.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
We totally agree. How do we get this going with Dateline? These people are scaming a lot of customers & contractors.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned Consumer 0 Votes
I typed dateline in google. Then I chose the website, and under contact us, I sent them an email. Make it short and sweet, however demand your interest in seeing justice done. I told them to please look for themselves and google Choice Home Warranty and National Home Protection. I also told them to investigate all the complaints against them in the BBB and to research the owner's background and all the Home Warranty companies he has opened and closed. There is a police officer in New Jersey that called me when I was scammed a couple of years ago. I can forward his information as well, maybe he can do something now, since they have moved to New Jersey.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
We will email Dateline ASAP. I cannot believe that a company like this has not been investigated before . What about all the other contractors that have done work & haven't gotten paid for the services provided. We are willing to do what it takes but need advice. We've contacted the district attorney in New York & they said this is considered a small claims although we have to file this in NY.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned Consumer 0 Votes
Let me find out the name of the New Jersey police officer that contacted me. He may be able to better guide us. When I tried contacting a lawyer, he wouldn't even see me. I talked to a representative from the BBB and he said this was out of their jurisdiction and that I needed to take it up to the a government official in my area. I am thinking maybe we need to write the gobernor or the mayor or some politician in New York? What do you think. Let's pick one and post it, so that other victims can follow. The owner of this company is running a scam and he needs to be stopped.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
We've emailed DatelineNBC today & also filed a complaint with the BBB. I've tried to call National Home Protection but the number has been disconnected. How come the lawyer wouldn't see you? So how do we contact the governer or mayor of NY? I will look online.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
We've emailed the New York Governor at the following address http://www.state.ny.us/governor/contact/index.html

Please do the same.
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned Consumer 0 Votes
Thank you. I will do!
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   Concerned Consumer 0 Votes
The lawyer wouldn't see me because the amount I wanted back was too small.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   JJJConsumer 0 Votes
Attorneys will not get involved because individually our claims are too small. I have forwarded my unpaid claim to the attorney general's office and will send a copy of our message board as well. With an unpaid lawsuit, the attorney general has legitimate cause to investigate this further...hopefully.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   Maintenance Engineer 0 Votes
You recomended HMS for home warranty service. I personsally have had some of the same issues with HMS as you desribed with Choice Home Warranty. I don't suspect HMS to be a complete scam as it seems Choice Home Warranty is being charged. I have had work performed, but with long waits, excessive charges, and rediculous phone calls and headaches. Search this site for HMS and you can see others that have had more trouble than me.I will not be recommending HMS in the future, and I think you should rethink your position on recommending HMS.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
Actually, we didn't know who HMS was - we do work for the other ones. I did a search for HMS online but we are not taking on any new home warranties because of what happened with National.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   JJJConsumer 0 Votes
Folks - Listen clearly to this...The NY Attorney General's office has closed my complaint as "unresolved" because the company responded to my charges with some ridiculous excuses. The Attorney General's office will not pursue this any further unless the company gets a LOT more complaints. The case worker did not give me a magic #, but according to him, there are ONLY 7 other complaints on file with their office.

EVERYONE - YOU MUST FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. Please download the form from their website, and fax it in ASAP!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Water heater claim lady2 0 Votes
Is this company in New Jersey or New York? The first contract they sent me has a New York Address. The one I received after I filed a claim (and was denied) has a New Jersey address. Do we complain in New York or NJ? Thanks for any help. I was denied for a water heater claim. Additionally, CHW had lied to me when I bought the contract. I was told my contract would start same day as payment but they sent me a contract with the 30 day delay. Such contract arrived 3 weeks after. So I was thinking I was covered and was not covered in the mean time. Thankfully nothing happened during that month but it did happen 3 weeks later when my water heater started leaking. Of course they say it is preexisting. I had a different insurance before but had not noticed any leak otherwise I could have put the claim with them earlier! I plan to follow thru with my complaint. I would appreciate any information. I am in California but will travel to NY or NJ if necessary to taken them to court.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
If we could go to New York, we would to take them to court. Let us know exactly what to do & we'll be on top of it. We've sent an email to the New York Governor but no response yet. I will be contacting the local FBI to investigate National Home Protection which we believe are affiliated with Choice Home Warranty. I was told by Wells Fargo Fraud department to contact the FBI so we'll see what they do. These people need to be stopped.
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
Why does your work orders look exactly the same as National Home Protection? word for word? When I will be contacting the FBI - I will mention this so it can be investigated. Why is it such a pain to get approval from your company? We do a lot of work for other warranty companies and their process is so much easier & we are able to do more work for them because they are so much more efficient.
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   A/C & HEATING CONTRACTOR 0 Votes
And also, we started getting work orders from Choice Home Warranty only and only when National Home Protection's phone number when "out of service" & would not respond by certified mail or fax...now that National is not paying us for services provided, this company is on the run & has scamed all these people of their policies & I believe that you "Choice Home Warranty" are this company continuing to scam the public.
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   jerryskeips 0 Votes
Im not sure what all these complaints are about, choice handled my claim from start to finish and did a pro job

Dollar Rent a Car Hidden Fee Scam