Centurylink

Posted:

Extremely poor customer service

Centurlink
Nevada
I switched fro COX phone service to CenturyLink when I moved. BIG MISTAKE! Turns out "unlimited long distance" service they offer is not really "unlimited" at all. Cannot use it to dial conference numbers - never explained that to me when I signed up for it. Cox does not have this restriction. So I changed my service to a thousand minute a month plan for an extra $29/month, but a bundle including voice mail, caller ID, and other services was not available with that plan so my total cost basically doubled from what I was originally quoted - BIG SCAM! To make matters worse, they didn't process that order correctly anyway and they suddenly cut off all long distance capability. After two days, I'm still trying to get my long distance service turned back on - no one, literally no one there seems to be able to fix the problem although at least three people in customer service, repair, and the "fraud detection" department have all told me it's fixed. Guess what, it's NOT!! It isn't the long distance problem that's so aggravating, although that's pretty bad, it's the completely inept customer service. I research and write about technical support for a technical support association - this is one of the worst examples of customer service I have witnessed.
DON'T USE CENTURYLINK FOR TELEPHONE SERVICE - USE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Landline & Home Phone Providers
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

17th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Andysgo4,

My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. I'm sorry to read about the trouble you've had with your service. I'll be happy to look into the issue for you. Just email me at Joey@CenturyLink.com with your name, account information and reference your post here on Complaintsboard.com. Thanks.

Joey H
CenturyLink Customer Outreach
Reachout@CenturyLink.com
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
SORRY SORRY SORRY the worse company I have every dealt with in my life. LIES LIES and MORE LIES. Customer service is a complete joke, they act like they care but nothing never gets done. We have been waiting for three months for them to send someone anyone out to bury a orange line that was suppose to be here for a few days at the most according to there guy who put it out here. It goes from back of house all the way to the front yard real nice. I have been contacted by liars in the company who all say the same thing so sorry we will have someone there shortly. We even had one of their guys come to the house and say he was sorry and understand our frustration but he had to get someone else to bury the temporary line. That has been weeks ago. To review they lied about when they would come to hook up the service the day they told us no one showed or called we had to drive across town to the sale office. Next the internet speed which was promise is not the one we got, AND WE FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT THAT IT HAS BEEN A RECALL ON WHAT WE GOT. Wow what a company. Century Link gets our money every month and gives us lies in return.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
namrepus,

I'm also terribly sorry to read about the trouble you've had with our company. I'll be more than happy to offer my assistance to you also. You can email me anytime at Joey@CenturyLink.com. Just include as many details as possible and we'll be glad to help. Thanks.

Joey H