Posted:

Legal department

3.9
South Africa
I ran a credit check on myself about a week ago. Turns out that I have been blacklisted by Cell C on an account that has been indeed settled in full on 18 August 2010. I still have a copy of my proof of settlement (and also confirmed this again with Select Online). I have been trying to get 8n tough with the legal department of Cell C for almost 48 hours now.. ...nobody answers the phones. I have left numerous messages with operators etc. Everybody just tells me that the leagl department will phone me back...NO results.

All I want to do is clear my name. I am stronly considdering leagl procedings against Cell C for wrongfully blacklisting me.
Complaint comments Comments (151) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Incompetance
South Africa

We have 2 cell contracts with cell c and have been customers with them for maybe 5 years. Cell c never ever responds to a complaint in 24 hours and if they promise it will be dealt with in 48hours, you can be assured that 2weeks later it has not been dealt with.

We gave cell c 2 months notice to not renew 1 of our contracts that were going to be due for renewal. After maybe 5 e-mails and 5 calls they finally said that it would be done.

when the time for this contract to be canceled came, it was not canceled.

Were we were going to use airtime till we opened a new contract with a different network, we could not do so since this current contract was still in operation. After contacting cell c everyday via e-mail or their customer care no. there was not any improvement.

The phone was used and since we were unable to put airtime on it, there were charges incurred.
I spoke to cell c and they finally agreed to a credit.

Now they want to credit me with R76.00 when the bill for this account is R500.00.
Had cell c done their job, we would have opened another contract then and there would be no extra charges. I do not accept that I need to pay this bill since we gave them adequate time to cancel, being 2 months notice and they did not. We complied with the rule set out to us by cell c.

we would have opened another contract as planned as soon as this 1 was canceled.
in the mean time we were planning to use airtime on the same no. as it would be prepaid till the new contract was active.

This is their problem and now i have a contract with vodacom which is going well.
I do not need to pay a bill which should not have been existing had cell c done their work.
Their customer service is pathetic as they will reply to your e-mail only once you have sent maybe 6 e-mails to them. This is pathetic.

Please can I have some feedback because I am now fed up with their incompetence.
Risha
 28th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Terrible Cell C!
South Africa

Cell C contacted me during Nov 07, stating that my contract will expire on 17 Jan 08, and I may upgrade to a better package soon. I decided to cancell that existing contract, and switch that specific number over to prepaid. AS I had to give one months notice, I sent an email on 26 November 2007, stating that my current contract be switched over to prepaid at the end of the contract date. I specifically spelled out that the number should NOT BE CLOSED. I even bolded the text.

Merrily I went along till the 17th of Jan 08. My phone was completely cut off and unavailable. I contacted Cell C on 17 Jan 08 to lodge a complaint. Customer Service assured me that this problem will be fixed between 24 and 48 hours. They also stated that they will call me back on alternate number as soon as I was "online" again. I was prepared to wait, even if it was a Cell C mistake. Did they not even READ my letter???

On Saturday, 19 Jan 08, I again phoned the customer service (the 140 number), as the problem was still not fixed, and its been 48 hours already. The person that helped me stated that he will log a complaint, and even gave me a query number to quote for future reference. Again, he stated to wait 48 hours for the problem to be resolved.

On Monday, 21 Jan 08, I again phoned the customer service and spoke to Nomfundu. I was getting hot around the collar already when she told me that I only logged a call on the 19th, and as they do not work over weekends, the 48 hour waiting period actually starts today. I explained to her that I already logged the call on the 17th, which was a Thursday, but she stated that nobody logged the query. She can only see the query that I did on the 19th. In other words, the person that assisted me on the 17th (first complaint) did not even log the call into the system. A note on my account was only made stating "customer stated that number should be switched to prepaid". I said to Nomfundu that this was unacceptable and I want to speak to a supervisor. She stated that I must hold on, and on her return, she stated that the supervisor is unavailable at present, but stated that I should remail my cancellation letter with the prepaid request details. This I did immediately.

On Tuesday, 22 Jan 08 I logged the 4th complaint. The person that attended to my call said that he understand my problem, but the customer service is experiencing a high amount of calls, and the only thing I can do is wait another 48 hours. No matter how much I nagged and bitched, he repeatedly stated that no supervisors are available and that I must only wait. At least until Thursday, the 24th.

On Friday, 25 Jan 08, I logged my 5th complaint. Lucky was the lucky attendant that answered my call. I AGAIN explained my request. Lucky stated that they never received the emails that I sent, not the one from 26 Nov 08, neither the one of 21 Jan 08. I said that it is impossible, as that letter stated that I want to cancel my contract AS WELL AS switch over to prepaid. The cancellation part they did, but not the rest!!! How could they NOT have received my letter then? He asked me to hold, and when he came back, said that he made a mistake, they did receive my letter. He also stated that the number they canceled cannot be switched over to prepaid, as that number was now closed by Cell C and cannot be 're-opened' again. After again explaining that Cell C made a mistake, and that was my initial request, he stated that I must hold, as he wants to confirm with his supervisor. Lucky then said that I need to wait 48 hours for the problem to be resolved. I asked to speak to the supervior myself, and Lucky told me that he/she is unavailable and not in office at the moment. (Although he JUST spoke to the supervisor himself!!!). I prompted Lucky to give me another number where I may lodge a complaint about the bad customer service. He stated that the only number available is the 140 one. I said thats not acceptable, as the 140 people do not do their job! He stated that I may log a complain at the 140 number. This was going in circles. I asked Lucky that he should tell me now what to do, as I do not know anymore. He said that I should wait 48 hours...

Today, the 29th Jan 08, I will phone Customer service again, to logg the same complaint for the 6th time. After 10 X 48 hours' wait.

I am a Cell C client for about 6 years now. If this is how they treat Customers, I will never EVER deal with them again. And will also spread the word that none of my friends and family should choose them as service provider.
 6th of May, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Dear Cell C

I am only contactable via email. Yesterday i spoke to a director and he said that someone will email me in a hour.

Nothing yet.
My issue: Cellphone Insurance

Please help

Your cunstomer
PeterD
 6th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
please can someone form the insurance contact me via email
a.s.a.p.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cell C - No phones?
South Africa

This is terrible... I went to a Cell C shop a week ago to upgrade my contract.. I upgraded to the Nokia N81 and paid them the money and they said that they dont have any of the phones in stock. They said it will come on wednesday but it didnt...they've said lies like only one phone came and then it ddnt come.. What the flip! They a cell phone shop with no cell phones!! So anyway..now I have to wait another week...how frustrating because I really want this phone..
 29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with you there Cellc is the worsed service provider i know, their callcenter stuff are stupid an ill mannered, I bought a Nokia 6110 navigators about months ago via cellc direct and since I received the phone its been problematic. A week after using the phone it went off and didn’t want to come on again, I took it to the cellc outlet in west gate and my phone was only fixed for a week, I took it back again on the 25/09/2008 as my phone was now flickering and not coming on. I got my phone again yesterday and it is still doing the same thing.

I then call the 140 customer care line and got through to a gentleman by the name of Neo who after I explained my issue he disconnected the line. I then called again on the same number and spoke to Emmanuel who was so understanding and helpfull, after I told him what my issue was he advised me to call in today(29/10/2008) and asked to be transferred to the sales team as my phone is faulty.

I called cellc today and got the worsed service ever, when I was finally transferred to the follow up team I spoke to a rudy lady named Lerato who was down right rude and cocky then asked to speak to her Team Leader and she put me on hold for 10minutes before coming back to tell me that her Team Leader was in a meeting.Lerato gave me a don’t care attitude.
I will never recomend any one to go to cellc, their service sucks big time.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by    +1 Votes

Cell C - 3 months and no phone
South Africa

Over the past 3 odd months, I was promised by 3 different cell c agents that I will get my new handset on a particular date, all of which were false promises. As at 04-11 I have still not received my phone even though Cell C has been promoting the handset on it monthly dealsheet since Early July. They offering a handset but don't have stock. Now I get told to choose another handset. When I asked that I receive another handset, and the payin be waived, in the spirit of customer satisfaction and the taking into consideration the over 3 months delay caused by Cell C, my request was rejected. Now I seem to be just getting ignored, "no stock so just wait". It is extremely difficult or impossible to get a request escalated.
Why must I choose another handset now, when I could have done that 3 months ago if I were just given the correct information. Who "pays" for the time that I have lost.
Sadly, my experience with Cell C has been extremely disappointing, and to think I have 4 contracts with them. What ever happen to customer satisfaction? In my opinion, it is something that Cell C needs to work on.
 18th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Cell C - handset
cell c
South Africa

i was offered a contract cllphone by cell c which happened over the line and everything was done, the phone was delivered but i was not at home and i asked my roommate to sign for it on my behalf in which cell c agreed.I told him to open it and see if it's working and he did but when i got home and seeing the phone i did not like but now theybwon't allow me to take it back, i've never used the phone and the sim card is still sealed.
The biggest problem is that i called them a number of times and they promised to come back to me with an answer but they haven't and it's been a month already, when i call them now i stay on the line for half an hour without anybody taking my call.

I don't want to cancel the contract, i just want to change it and get the handset i'm going to be happy with.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
MIna its been over a year now & im still waiting 4 mine
 14th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - APPALING SERVICE
CELL C
South Africa

I received horrible treatment from the cell c call centre. Did an upgrade on my contract through the call centre. They would courier the phone to me within 3 days. 7 days later the phone was eventually send to the courier company. BUT THEY GAVE A WRONG ADDRESS!!! so which means the couries could not deliver the phone and was send back into the enquire section. WHEN WILL THE SERVICE EVER IMPROVE. After several complaints to Cell C they simply ignore me. THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER RELATIONS SKILL AND I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO USE THEM.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - no phone
South Africa

I DID AN UPGRADE WITH CELL C ON THE 01/02/2010 AND WAS PROMISED MY PHONE ON THE 08/02/2010.I THEN CALLED ON THE 04/02/2010 TO FIND OUT IF EVRYTHING WAS OK AND ONLY THEN DID A CONSULTANT NOTIFY ME THAT THE PHONE I HAD REQUESTED WAS OUT OF STOCK.(NOTE FOUR DAYS LATER ONLY AFTER I CALLED THEM).I THEN SELECTED ANOTHER PHONE (NOKIA 5800) AND WAS PROMISED IT ON THE 08/02/2010.WHEN I CALLED TODAY THEY NOW SAY THAT THEY ARE UNSURE AS TO WHEN I WILL RECEIVE MY PHONE .PLEASE HELP ME IN GETTING MY PHONE.
 4th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - no service no contract no phone
cell c
South Africa

i applied for a contract on april 26th and i still have no response, every time i call they tell me that they don’t have my application on the system!!! i have spoken to numerous amounts of people from a number of departments, Teboho, Lebo Happy, Lesage. i am getting fed up. All i want is my phone to be delivered and set up. Why don’t the staff there know what is going on. There is a link missing in there communication chain! Will someone please call me with a follow up and i want this sorted out today please!!! Now i am not wasting my time anymore. i already have an existing contract with you and i will go to Vodacom, i have never had a problem with them before i changed to you. They people dealt with are rude and have no clue what they are doing!!! i was finally told that my order would be sent and i will receive me phone in 3 to 7 workings days. i have no trust that this will happen. Prove me wrong and i think about keeping my 3 contracts with you.
i am so fed up with your service i could scream. first my internet is not working and with fail has not been fixed by cell c then this, i don't have all day to sit and talk to people that have no clue what they are doing!!! i expect my phone by me on Monday. i wanted to speak to a director and was told that he does not talk to the public? Well perhaps the newspapers will speak to him. i am at the end of my tithers here!
 10th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Bad Servicr
South Africa

Its now almost 2months that i took my cellphone to Cell C and its still not back. I am paying Cell C but the service they provide to their customers is bad.Every time i phone the repair center they just tell me they are waiting for HTC. If we all had to wait for this to be done nothing would get done. Every time i post something here Godfrey replies with a response and promises to phone back but never does. If people did their jobs at Cell C and followed up on issues you would not have so many unhappy customers. Your service is getting worse and worse everyday. I regret ever doing business with Cell C they are the worst. If they cant fix my phone, replace it or cancel my contract whatever that suits them but don't keep on making me pay for something i don't have. I have even spoken to the supervisor at the repair center who sounded half asleep when i spoke to him, he just told me my phone is with HTC. I had to tell him what to do and escalate the matter further . I will make sure this gets to the Cell C management to take note of their incompetent stuff.

Utterly Disgusted
Evans
 26th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Ripping of Client
Brackenfell Cape Town
South Africa

I took my brand new Nokia E63 in to the Cellc shop to have it fixed after something fused and i was unable to see anything on the screen. They fixed it for me and i had to pay in R500 to collect my phone (it was still under warranty) 3 days after the collection it gave the same problem and it was still under the warranty as they just fixed it 3 days ago i took it back and they told me i can just aswell through away the cellphone it is no use fixing it. Being naive and not knowing anything of cellphones i believed them untill i spoke to another guy working at a cellphone repair shop and he told me I will be able to get the phone fixed he fixed it for me and it is still working... So how well trained is the staff at CellC or are they just out there to rip the clients off who is not up to date with the cellphone repairs?? It actually makes me so angry to think that i was going to leave my cellphone with them thinking it could not be repaired again and they could have fixed it at no cost to them and sold it or just keep it for themselfs..
 27th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Terminated Contract
South Africa

Cell C has been putmy name on a bad credit record, while i wasnt awere abuot it then early this year i was applied for a flat then bank told me that i didnt qualified cuz my name is on bad record while i have terminated the contract on 2008 during the end of the last month of the contract and it was paid up.then i sent an e-mail to them and they told me that they recognised that but still not claering my name on credit records so we were had an agreement for the contract of 2 years.And since they said during april that they will give me shut till day i dont if i will be wrong when i took this matter further on cuz they stop to proced with my future plans
The contract terminated on 02/10/2008 and i used nonceba@epressive.co.za and confirmed with Abrena Nong on the 20 April 2010by 10:55 am she checked and see that information that i have spoked about it!
My id no: 821202 60610 88

Looking forward to hear from you
 15th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Insured phone not repaired
cellc.co.za

My Sony Ericson C902 keypad came loose – a factory fault. It’s impossible to use the phone like this. I took the phone to a Cell C dealer in Centurion Mall at my earliest convenience on 30-06-2010. My phone is insured. We phoned Cell C after a while enquiring my phone’s repair. According to the consultant on the phone, the fault was not on their system. We went back to our Centurion branch to enquire. After that several consultants phoned, telling us we don't have the phone insured for it does not show on the system; however it’s very clear in our contract and on all monthly bills. Finally after a few more weeks another consulted phoned stating they have updated their side to include our insurance and that my phone will be repaired and I’ll soon receive a message stating the date of repair. After that another consultant named Natasha Gopi contacted us asking to complete an incident form. We completed it &sent it. After this we never heard of any of the consultants again. We have been phoning regularly and sending emails to her, unfortunately no formal response. I regret taking out a Cell C contract, where I've had bad service, bad response and you pay for what you don't get.
Mobile no: 0842221016
Account no: 01093251
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Why are we paying the contract fee every month if we do not even have the phone
cellc.co.za

A 3 or 4 months ago my husband upgraded his contract and got a new phone. 6 weeks ago this phone stopped charging and we took it back to Cape Gate Centre (where it was purchased) for them to repair it. They informed us it would take 4-6 weeks to repair which we patiently waited for. After 5 weeks we were informed the phone was fixed and ready to be collected. We collected the phone and were assured it was repaired. We took it home and put it on charge as the battery was flat. Once again the phone was still NOT charging!!! We took it back to Cell C Cape Gate and they said they have to send it away again and will take 4-6 weeks!!! If the phone just came back from repair after 5 weeks how can it still be broken? No one could answer us as they say they dont know what the repair dep fixes on the phone!!! This is redicilous... Why are we paying the contract fee every month if we dont even have the phone. PLUS they couldnt even give us a loan phone!!!
 30th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - I am so sick & tired of Cell C
cellc.co.za

In July 2009 I recvd a call from Cell C and they offered me a cell phone contract which I accepted.The same month I was debited I called them to enquire why.I was told that I was to call another no.I spoke to another lady that advised me it was an insurance amount & that it would be cancelled going forward and that they would reverse the amount.I thought it was cancelled, I was debited again now they have changed their description to email account on my bank statement.

I am so sick of these people because I spoke to them and I was advised it was cancelled now if I go to my bank to put a stop order I'll be charged extra for that.In this life time I can't even afford to be messed around by Cell like this.I called them again and asked them I want to cancel the contract and the lady I spoke to said she will send me a cancellation form which I have been waiting for ever since.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - I am sick and tired of trying to get a refund
cellc.co.za

On 23 June 2009 my husband wrongly paid his cellphone account into the bank account of Cell C instead of Altech Autopage. We have sent e-mails, made telephone calls, sent faxes - too many to even keep count of and we still cannot get a refund from Cell C. Now my husband is being handed over by Altech Autopage for his outstanding account! I have a heap of paper with names and numbers of people we have spoken to and my husband even rode all the way to Midrand without any joy. Sometimes we get a name and number and when we phone the next time we are told there is no-one by that name working there! This is past ridiculous - Cell C is quick to take your money but no way, Jose, will they pay you back. We have had more expenses trying to get R816.00 from Cell C that the actual payment of R816.00 itself. Cell C ****s!!! Viva Vodacom!!!
 31st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Unsolicited phone calls
cellc.co.za

Today I received a call on my cell phone from a lady who works for Cell C. There was so much background noise that I could not hear her name. This is not the first time that Cell C has called to offer me a free phone - only problem is that this is a lie - it is not a free phone, i is subject to a 24 month contract. Well, I don't need a contract, I have a perfectly good one with MTN and don't see any reason to change. When I told the lady that I was not interested and asked her to please put a big note next to my name that I object to calls of this nature, she promptly put the phone down on me - not a good impression of Cell C. Now even if I was looking to change cell phone providers it would not be to Cell C!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree