Posted:

Legal department

3.8
South Africa
I ran a credit check on myself about a week ago. Turns out that I have been blacklisted by Cell C on an account that has been indeed settled in full on 18 August 2010. I still have a copy of my proof of settlement (and also confirmed this again with Select Online). I have been trying to get 8n tough with the legal department of Cell C for almost 48 hours now.. ...nobody answers the phones. I have left numerous messages with operators etc. Everybody just tells me that the leagl department will phone me back...NO results.

All I want to do is clear my name. I am stronly considdering leagl procedings against Cell C for wrongfully blacklisting me.
Complaint comments Comments (76) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Incompetance
South Africa

We have 2 cell contracts with cell c and have been customers with them for maybe 5 years. Cell c never ever responds to a complaint in 24 hours and if they promise it will be dealt with in 48hours, you can be assured that 2weeks later it has not been dealt with.

We gave cell c 2 months notice to not renew 1 of our contracts that were going to be due for renewal. After maybe 5 e-mails and 5 calls they finally said that it would be done.

when the time for this contract to be canceled came, it was not canceled.

Were we were going to use airtime till we opened a new contract with a different network, we could not do so since this current contract was still in operation. After contacting cell c everyday via e-mail or their customer care no. there was not any improvement.

The phone was used and since we were unable to put airtime on it, there were charges incurred.
I spoke to cell c and they finally agreed to a credit.

Now they want to credit me with R76.00 when the bill for this account is R500.00.
Had cell c done their job, we would have opened another contract then and there would be no extra charges. I do not accept that I need to pay this bill since we gave them adequate time to cancel, being 2 months notice and they did not. We complied with the rule set out to us by cell c.

we would have opened another contract as planned as soon as this 1 was canceled.
in the mean time we were planning to use airtime on the same no. as it would be prepaid till the new contract was active.

This is their problem and now i have a contract with vodacom which is going well.
I do not need to pay a bill which should not have been existing had cell c done their work.
Their customer service is pathetic as they will reply to your e-mail only once you have sent maybe 6 e-mails to them. This is pathetic.

Please can I have some feedback because I am now fed up with their incompetence.
Risha
 6th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear Cell C

I am only contactable via email. Yesterday i spoke to a director and he said that someone will email me in a hour.

Nothing yet.
My issue: Cellphone Insurance

Please help

Your cunstomer
PeterD
 6th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
please can someone form the insurance contact me via email
a.s.a.p.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - no phone
South Africa

I DID AN UPGRADE WITH CELL C ON THE 01/02/2010 AND WAS PROMISED MY PHONE ON THE 08/02/2010.I THEN CALLED ON THE 04/02/2010 TO FIND OUT IF EVRYTHING WAS OK AND ONLY THEN DID A CONSULTANT NOTIFY ME THAT THE PHONE I HAD REQUESTED WAS OUT OF STOCK.(NOTE FOUR DAYS LATER ONLY AFTER I CALLED THEM).I THEN SELECTED ANOTHER PHONE (NOKIA 5800) AND WAS PROMISED IT ON THE 08/02/2010.WHEN I CALLED TODAY THEY NOW SAY THAT THEY ARE UNSURE AS TO WHEN I WILL RECEIVE MY PHONE .PLEASE HELP ME IN GETTING MY PHONE.
 4th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - no service no contract no phone
cell c
South Africa

i applied for a contract on april 26th and i still have no response, every time i call they tell me that they don’t have my application on the system!!! i have spoken to numerous amounts of people from a number of departments, Teboho, Lebo Happy, Lesage. i am getting fed up. All i want is my phone to be delivered and set up. Why don’t the staff there know what is going on. There is a link missing in there communication chain! Will someone please call me with a follow up and i want this sorted out today please!!! Now i am not wasting my time anymore. i already have an existing contract with you and i will go to Vodacom, i have never had a problem with them before i changed to you. They people dealt with are rude and have no clue what they are doing!!! i was finally told that my order would be sent and i will receive me phone in 3 to 7 workings days. i have no trust that this will happen. Prove me wrong and i think about keeping my 3 contracts with you.
i am so fed up with your service i could scream. first my internet is not working and with fail has not been fixed by cell c then this, i don't have all day to sit and talk to people that have no clue what they are doing!!! i expect my phone by me on Monday. i wanted to speak to a director and was told that he does not talk to the public? Well perhaps the newspapers will speak to him. i am at the end of my tithers here!
 10th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Bad Servicr
South Africa

Its now almost 2months that i took my cellphone to Cell C and its still not back. I am paying Cell C but the service they provide to their customers is bad.Every time i phone the repair center they just tell me they are waiting for HTC. If we all had to wait for this to be done nothing would get done. Every time i post something here Godfrey replies with a response and promises to phone back but never does. If people did their jobs at Cell C and followed up on issues you would not have so many unhappy customers. Your service is getting worse and worse everyday. I regret ever doing business with Cell C they are the worst. If they cant fix my phone, replace it or cancel my contract whatever that suits them but don't keep on making me pay for something i don't have. I have even spoken to the supervisor at the repair center who sounded half asleep when i spoke to him, he just told me my phone is with HTC. I had to tell him what to do and escalate the matter further . I will make sure this gets to the Cell C management to take note of their incompetent stuff.

Utterly Disgusted
Evans
 26th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Ripping of Client
Brackenfell Cape Town
South Africa

I took my brand new Nokia E63 in to the Cellc shop to have it fixed after something fused and i was unable to see anything on the screen. They fixed it for me and i had to pay in R500 to collect my phone (it was still under warranty) 3 days after the collection it gave the same problem and it was still under the warranty as they just fixed it 3 days ago i took it back and they told me i can just aswell through away the cellphone it is no use fixing it. Being naive and not knowing anything of cellphones i believed them untill i spoke to another guy working at a cellphone repair shop and he told me I will be able to get the phone fixed he fixed it for me and it is still working... So how well trained is the staff at CellC or are they just out there to rip the clients off who is not up to date with the cellphone repairs?? It actually makes me so angry to think that i was going to leave my cellphone with them thinking it could not be repaired again and they could have fixed it at no cost to them and sold it or just keep it for themselfs..
 15th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Insured phone not repaired
cellc.co.za

My Sony Ericson C902 keypad came loose – a factory fault. It’s impossible to use the phone like this. I took the phone to a Cell C dealer in Centurion Mall at my earliest convenience on 30-06-2010. My phone is insured. We phoned Cell C after a while enquiring my phone’s repair. According to the consultant on the phone, the fault was not on their system. We went back to our Centurion branch to enquire. After that several consultants phoned, telling us we don't have the phone insured for it does not show on the system; however it’s very clear in our contract and on all monthly bills. Finally after a few more weeks another consulted phoned stating they have updated their side to include our insurance and that my phone will be repaired and I’ll soon receive a message stating the date of repair. After that another consultant named Natasha Gopi contacted us asking to complete an incident form. We completed it &sent it. After this we never heard of any of the consultants again. We have been phoning regularly and sending emails to her, unfortunately no formal response. I regret taking out a Cell C contract, where I've had bad service, bad response and you pay for what you don't get.
Mobile no: 0842221016
Account no: 01093251
 31st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - I am sick and tired of trying to get a refund
cellc.co.za

On 23 June 2009 my husband wrongly paid his cellphone account into the bank account of Cell C instead of Altech Autopage. We have sent e-mails, made telephone calls, sent faxes - too many to even keep count of and we still cannot get a refund from Cell C. Now my husband is being handed over by Altech Autopage for his outstanding account! I have a heap of paper with names and numbers of people we have spoken to and my husband even rode all the way to Midrand without any joy. Sometimes we get a name and number and when we phone the next time we are told there is no-one by that name working there! This is past ridiculous - Cell C is quick to take your money but no way, Jose, will they pay you back. We have had more expenses trying to get R816.00 from Cell C that the actual payment of R816.00 itself. Cell C ****s!!! Viva Vodacom!!!
 31st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Unsolicited phone calls
cellc.co.za

Today I received a call on my cell phone from a lady who works for Cell C. There was so much background noise that I could not hear her name. This is not the first time that Cell C has called to offer me a free phone - only problem is that this is a lie - it is not a free phone, i is subject to a 24 month contract. Well, I don't need a contract, I have a perfectly good one with MTN and don't see any reason to change. When I told the lady that I was not interested and asked her to please put a big note next to my name that I object to calls of this nature, she promptly put the phone down on me - not a good impression of Cell C. Now even if I was looking to change cell phone providers it would not be to Cell C!
 1st of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Stay far away from them
cellc.co.za

Upon entering the Cell-C store I knew that this would be a pointless exercise. Our Mobile Providers have become monopolies within themselves & as a consumer & a good client u don’t get the answers u want. I have a problem with my phone, not to mention the poor reception I have in the area I live, but my phone always freezes. I am on a business package & spend a lot of money with Cell-C. I asked the service staff at the branch if they could look at my phone & advise me on the way forward. Bluntly I was told, parrot style, that the best they could do is to send it in and I need to wait anything up to 5 weeks for it to be returned. I told them that this is completely unacceptable. Another gentleman joined the conversation and asked the lady, “did you tell him what to do” I was not impressed with this tone. He reconfirmed the process and told me if I didn’t like it I should call the head office, or go on Hello PeterThis I found both comical and extremely strange – was this a dare or just pure ignorance needless to say I just turned around and left. If I could change subscribers today I will. I have another two contracts with Vodacom and the differences in the brands are huge.
 8th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - No response to query, still billed incorrectly
cellc.co.za

Further to complaint of Fri 11 September, I was contacted by Thuto who had no details of my contract, so not sure how he was intending to resolve the query. He promised to have the original person responding to the initial August complaint contact me no later than Monday 14 Sept. Have still not been contacted by Cell C.Should Cell C refuse to address and resolve this query I will be placing a stop order on my debit order. When someone with the initiative to resolve this query has been able to credit my account for amounts over charged and submit a correct invoice, I will make payment. So far no-one at Cell C has accepted responsiblity for resolving this. Is management even aware of the appalling customer service the very people they employ to resolve queries is delivering??? Needless to say, I will never be entering into a Cell-C contract again.
 9th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - I can not believe Cell C is still in business
cellc.co.za

With regard to my previous complaint I am still waiting for Cell C to get back to me. The Lawyers they have put on my back expects payment by the ned of this month and no-one think to think this is importnat except for me. Instead of providing me with the standard 'thank you for your comments' line call me so we can sort this out. I used to be a Cell C fan and right now I aam not, My brother in law has alwo experienced a similar problem with this company. I cannot belive you are still in business.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Declairing me dead without a proper deadsertificate from homeaffers
Private
South Africa

Cell C declaired me dead first without me knowing, but one day i walked in to their stores to upgrade my contract when the lady type in my ID information she looked at me and told me that i am dead on their sistemes. From there Cell C made awhole lot more mistakes but they also put me up at ITC. That i had to find out when i applied for a loan and it was decleind because of Cell C putting me up after i had pay the teir money. I later found out that it is ilegal to declair someone dead whithout a legal deadsertificate from homeaffers and it is also ilegal to put sameone up at ITC without notified them inwritting that they are concidering it. Cell C is trying to sweap all off this under the carpet but i am the one that had all the losse because off all their mistakes. i feel they must at least compensate me for all that they have done to me. but they don't think they have done anything wrong. My name is Chrisna Els And my sel phone number is 0837719684. If any one can help me i will apresiate it because it is slowly destroying my life. I had losses off over R 400 000 because of all the mistakes Cell C has made. My e-mail adress is : chrisnaels@megasurfwifi.co.za.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - I am so *** off by your shoddy service
cellc.co.za

Why the hell do I have to go all the way to Sandton to have my phone serviced when I stay in Pretoria? If you find it difficult to meet your contractual obligations I do not mind to have the contract terminated. I would rather do business where customers are better appreciated. Should you drag your feet any longer, I would not mind suing you for lost business.

I am so *** off by your shoddy service and I wonder what drove me in the first place to do business with you.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Not competent to do a job
cellc.co.za

Not compitant to do a job...My husband before still this year with me standing next to him requesting to put me on as a contact person...I call today to find out some agent was incompatent to do a job...yet again...Needless to say ... the website is so useless you cant even get a statement to load...tried july august september and october. even more...he still shows business chat 700 even though the details have been changed a month ago already...so is he or is he not on business chat 700 cause as far as i know..he requested a downgrade...
 30th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - faulty account
South Africa

DURING JULY 2010 CELL C CONTACTED MY HUSBAND STATING THAT HIS ACCOUNT IS IN ARREARS. THIS HAPPEND BECAUSE HE CHANGED HIS BANKING DETAILS. THEY SAIS WE MUST MAKE A CASH PAYMENT OF R870. WE WENT TO A CELL C SHOP SO THEY CHANGED THE BANKING DETAILS. THE SAME DAY WE MADE A CELL PHONE BANKING PAYMENT FROM MY CELLPHONE AND OUT OF MY ACCOUNT OF R870 AND USE HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER AS REFERENCE. THAT NIGHT THEY TOOK THE DEBIT ORDER OFF AS WELL OF R870. I STRUGGLED FOR A WHOLE MONTH TO GET THAT MONEY REFUNDED AND WAS TRANSFERED TO ALMOST 50 PEOPLE, MADE 40 CALLS AND MY BILL FOR ALL THIS CALLS ARE R445. EVENTUALLY I GOT REFUNDED BUT ONLY WITH R577. I WAS SO FEDUP STRUGGLING, ARGUING ANS EXPLAINING EVERY TIME I THOUGHT TUFF LUCK LET THEY KEEP THE OTHER R300. TO MY SURPRISED MY CELL C DEBIT ORDER WENT OFF ON 2010-09-25, WHICH IS NOT CORRECT AND ALWAYS GOES OFF AT THE END OF THE MONTH. FOR THIS THE BANK GAVE ME A PENALTY FEE OF R120 BECAUSE THEIR WERE NOT SUFFICIENT FUNDS. I PHONED CELL C ON 2010-09-26 EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM AGAIN. TO MY SURPRISE THEY TOLD ME THAT MY HUSBANDS ACCOUNT IS IN KREDIT WITH R700. BUT THAT MY ACCOUNT I OWE THEM R870. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? WE ARE BOTH ON CONTRACT WHICH IS FIXED AT R145 AND ONLY CAN BE USED IF THE BENEFITS ARE UP BY RECHARGING IT. PLEASE !!!HELP!!!MY CELL NR 0843077702 HUSBAND NO 0842612178
 4th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Cell C just does as they feel without considering the customers inconvenience
cellc.co.za

I have a contract which is on my dad's account(he has 4 on the accont), & am authorised to get infomation or make changes to the account. The account is paid by debit order on the 15th, that is until the beginning of this year when cell C decided to change the debit without informing us. We discovered the change once the lines were disconnected. I also found out that I had been removed as a contact person. they rectified the mistake & everything went well 4 a few months. THAT IS until today. I needed to make a call at 4am this morning only to find out that the lines had been barred, so I called the call center, knowing that I'm listed as a contact person. 1st the agent accussed me of the account not being paid, without even bothering to check. 2nd after checking she tells me that there seems to be no reason for the lines being barred and that the lines can be reactivated, but I'm not listed(once again) as a contact person, SO only my dad can reactivate the lines, EVEN tho there is no reason for them being disconnected in the first place. Cell C just does as they feel without considering the customers inconvienience.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Listen but does not hear
cellc.co.za

This lady contacts me, start the conversation by asking if I would reconcider, after my complaint about their idiotic internal procedures. I then explain to her NO. She then inform me that contrarary to what there concultant said on tape, which she listened to, that I can only cancel the contract in 3 months time. Need I point out that he confirmed that I can cancel now with 1 month notice, and even gave me the FAX no. to use. She then say that it was said to my wife, once again, it was said that we can upgrade this contract in 3 months time, due to inactivity on the account. Once again she listened to the recordings.. HOWEVER, , it was confirmed twice that this contract is due for upgrade by 1 NOV... CELL C, your service *****.. NEVER will we or any person we know deal with Cell C... At this rate I see your market share shrinking very shortly... Word of mouth is a seriously BAD thing in any company... Keep up the pathetic work PAM, Listen to the recordings again, and this time. process what you hear, and make an EDUCATED decision and CALL me... With solutions, not idiotic statements.
 31st of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Cell C - Ceo - Bad represenation of the company.
Cell c
cellc.co.za

My complaint is about your newly elected ceo. I'v never ment some one so rude and arrogant in my life.
Last week he was at qphoto hartfield taking id photos and i promise you everyone who was in that shop hated the sight of him by the time he left there you should have heared the small talks people where having.

You know as a public figure one has a sense of responsibilty to the public more especially his fans because at the end of the day they contibute to his success. Your arrogant ceo literary pushed people out of the way and ignored them when they were trying to greet him. I know the attention of the public can be too much at times but the least he could have done was to smile and say hello and proceed walking, not give people an evil look as though though they undressing infront of him asking him to sign their body parts.

Im not much of a fan when it comes to his comedy and all that, the 1st thing that came to my mind when i saw him do that was this guy is cell c's brand embassider and he just represented that so bad. Now everytime his ads appear on TV i switch off the tv with disgust and disappointment. Your CEO Traver Noah need to work on his attitude and very fast before he ruins the company's ad revenue.
Its been a week now and i still get furious on when i see his face and hear his voice on TV. I actually feel like taking this to the papers because he needs to know that being on tv or a celebrity does'nt make him any better than anyone its just that his job is in the public eye. And hes badly representing cell c, unfotunatly if i go on with this this will be bad for the company also.
Please give your CEO a reality check and very fast.
I love cell c but this is a major turn off for me and a lot of people.

Cell C Logo Cell C