logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
tophairwigs.com
Scam – don’t buy from them, they deliver nothing
2. (2 mins ago)
T - World / Nokia Promo Draw In Uk
Promo draw in uk
3. (6 mins ago)
www.pokkadots.com
They asked to pay additional sum for the delivery, but no explanation why
4. (6 mins ago)
Merit Technical Institute
Scam
5. (9 mins ago)
www.anytime-movies.com
They automatically subscribed me for some fake trial

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Capital Meats Complaints & Reviews - Don't buy from this company!

Capital Meats Contacts & Informations

Capital Meats

Posted:    Valerie

Don't buy from this company!

Capital Meats
capitalmeats.com
A salesman from Capital Meats has come to my door at least half of a dozen times since I have lived in this house (almost 3 years). The first time, they caught me coming in from my car and stopped me. The men were in very baggy pants (enough that I could see their underwear) and they had gotten out of an old pick up truck with a freezer strapped to the back. I saw their car magnet that said Capital Meats and I stopped them and told them that we were vegetarians and not interested in meat. That should have been enough to get them to leave, but they followed me to my door anyway and proceeded to hard sell me this meat.

There is no way I would even buy meat from that shady looking pick-up truck- even if I did eat meat. The men proceeded to lay meat all over my porch (ew!!) and then he even tried to come in my house (even put his hand on the door and tried to open it) so he could see what kind of freezer I had. I eventually shut the door and locked it. Since that time, they have come back several times.

I no longer answer the door (although once my husband did and he says they were rude to him when he declined their product). When I don't answer the door, they stand out there knocking and ringing for a very long time! It is borderline harassment!!! They don't have any business knocking on my door anyway, because I have a large NO SOLICITING sign. I wouldn't mind if they rang once (even though I already told them we will never want their product) and left, but they RING and RING and RING! I have a sleeping baby, barking dogs, it is such a disruption!!!

I called their Baltimore office (where these salesman are from) to make a formal complaint. The lady who answered said she was the office manager. She wanted my address but I was hesitant to give it to her because I feared backlash from the shady looking 'salesman.' I asked her to at least enforce a ring-once policy but she said she couldn't do that due to hard of hearing elderly people (who they should leave alone anyway!!!). So I asked about a policy of not ringing the bell of people who had a No Soliciting sign and she said she could not enforce that either because those signs are mostly for religious people.

What??? My sign is to deter annoying, relentless salesman! I told her if they stood outside of my door ringing and ringing again, that I would call the cops. She proceeded to just talk over me, telling me she wouldn't let me speak bad about a great company (Everyone on my street hates to see that nasty truck pull up!!) that she has worked for for 6 years and she told me I must have a miserable life and hung up on me. So much for making a formal complaint. I wasn't even rude to her, as I know *she* was not the one knocking on my door, but she must have been very upset that I did not want them to come to my door and that I wouldn't give her my address.

If this is such a great company, then the least they could do is update their POS trucks with coolers strapped to the back to nicer looking freezer vans/trucks that look like they actually keep the meat cold! And they could enforce some sort of dress code to the salesman so they look less like bums and more like professionals. And lastly, don't be so rude and pushy and don't harass people! Many of my neighbors have told me that the salesman are rude if you say no. The neighbors who did buy their meat, regretted it as they were flavorless, tough, cheap cuts of meat.

Don't buy from this company!!
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009 by   greensshack 0 Votes
If you havent tried the meat yourself you souldnt be writing this. And also yes maybe there are some sloppy looking people but thats not all of them. Some truck are nicer and some not so nice because these men are indepentent contractors. They are not given a truck to use half the time and Im sorry but not everyone can afford to go out and buy a fancy 50000 dollar truck. The meat is acually very good, the steaks are tender if you cook them right, and they are all very convient since everything is indiviualy wrapped. If your neighbors had such a problem with the meat they also give you a year warranty so they could have called the number and got a new box... and the number is good because I call to reorder all the time. So get the facts straight! anb you buy them a nicer truck if you have such a problem with it !
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   momma123 -1 Votes
I think a lot has to do with the sales rep that you deal with.About 1 1/2 yrs ago a man in a little white truck with a freezer on back came to my home & offered me & my husband a "good deal" on steaks, chicken, pork etc..We were a little sceptical at first, but the more he talked the more enticing his sales pitch became.And the meat that he was selling from Capital Meats Inc. did look pretty good.He offered an enormous amount of various meats for $1500.While that is a substantial amount of money-the amount of meat was enough to fill 3 freezers full, we even had to go out & purchase an extra freeezer to accomodate the meat.The salesman was clean cut, polite & even carried in all the meat & helped fill our frezzers.Within a couple weeks I noticed that some of the vaccuum sealed steak that was thawing in the fridge was leaking blood.I also opened a box of shrimp & it was definitley bad stuff, so I began inspecting some of the meat in the freezer & realized that some of the steaks were discolered and didnt look so fresh.I put in a couple calls to the company, and when no one answered I too began to think we'd been scammed.A couple months later the same meat man came to "see how we were doing".We explained the situation & he immediatley offered to replace any thing that wasnt to our liking.Unfortunatley there were a few boxes that didnt look too hot, but fortunatley he did as he said-replaced the meat we didnt want & even gave us a couple boxes of our choice at no extra charge.We have bought from the same man several times & have had no more problems.Towards the end of the 1st yr he also came to replace any meat(for free) that may have been freezer burnt or "old".Theres always gonna be "a snake in the woodpile".I guess you just have to go with your gut instinct or ask them to provide references from other customers before you purchase.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   krazzieone -1 Votes
I feel the same way about them as main commenter does, baby and dog part too! It is harassment - subcontractor or not. I'm actually getting ready to sell my house because I am so sick of all of the soliciting along with a few other reasons. I work with subcontractors - a business that cares about quality and presentation would welcome any opinions to better their business and would talk to any IC's that were not meeting standards. Unfortunately for everyone, today's level of customer service and general moral and respect is in a super sized crapper. Well lucky me - my oh so sweet but total sucker hubby just bought 3 boxes of their meat from a truck (big freezer truck) that came by his work. I really just want to trip him a few times because he apparently didn't listen to me when I said no the zillion times they solicited us at home but guess I'm now stuck with this foreign meat. He claims it will be great but we'll just see.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   GO CAPITAL MEATS -1 Votes
For one thing I must say...THE MEAT IS GREAT!!! A few of my neighbors and I have tried it and we had no complaints!! The truck that came was a large freezer truck(not some pick up truck) You people act like you all know where your food comes from at the grocer the that you all shop at(I mean think about it???) Well anyway the men were respectable they did not coma banging or ringing bells several times nor did they keep coming back. In fact we are the ones who keep calling them back. I have bought a few different types of steak from them and they were GREAT
so indeed you must try them before you say mean things about the company.
We fried, baked and grilled the meats and they were great in every way. Though I am not a big red meat eater it was great to try them and I will continue to buy from them. PEOPLE IT"S GREAT MEAT!!!
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   JKS -1 Votes
Why don't you try the police. There is a law against harrassment. They will check to see if the men are canvasing the neighborhood for theft and could put a stop to the harrassment. If enough of the neighbors complain I'm sure the main company will be informed and they will put a stop to it.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   Crapital Meats +2 Votes
I agree 100% with this person. They dress like they just fell off the buss. A guy from Crapital Meats has come to my door twice, rang the bell even though I clearly have a No Soliciting sign at the door bell button, and when I didn't answer came back and found me in my driveway and started harassing me about buying meat. He even said to me "Does 'No Soliciting' mean you don't want to know about our quality meat?" YES?!?! I actually now have a sign on my door that says "I DO NOT BUY MEAT OUT OF THE BACK OF A VAN". We'll see if that works, probably not. They don't have the intelligence to comprehend simple English.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   mike1222 +1 Votes
yeah i worked for this company they get there case for 114 in try to rip people off everyday for profit so don't buy from them
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   Tomaholmes +1 Votes
We bought $800 worth of their crap...my wife and I could not bear it...it was awful!! We gvave the whole order ot a food kitechen to get rid of it...horrificly poor quality product...dog food basically, steaks, burgers, sausage...all terrible.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   Randy C +1 Votes
I am sure some of the salesmen may appear shady and some may be rude, However I had a pleasant experience with two salesmen myself who were dressed nicely and their vehicle certainly wouldnt qualify for the cash for clunkers program. The products I purchased were fresh and taste great, I have tried both the chicken and the beef. Although quite expensive, I can assure you that the meat was quality, tender and fresh. I dont blame anyone for complaining about rude behavior but certainly dont knock the product unless you have tried it. I would consider myself somewhat qualified to make a compliment about the meat considering I was a certified government food inspector. I would certainly purchase the product again, I realize there are people with legit complaints but I also realize there are people who arent happy unless they are moaning and complaining, If you dont want the meat, dont buy it. If they get rude, get rude back, works every time. But as far as the meat is concerned, if yours was like mine and you complained, then you dont know what good quality is to begin with, or maybe you just cant cook!
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   red guy -1 Votes
Im a contractor for Capital Meats. Im very sorry that you and your neighbors have had a bad experience with those salesmen in your area. We do provide our own vehicles and freezers. We also sell the products for the company for commision based pay. I have had problems with potential customers who were very wary at first because of these morons who are hard pressed to make a buck. They have no idea how to run an effect business. And they give us, who are actually trying to do the right thing, a bad name. I suggest you call the police next time they are in your area. Some of these guys dont even have the required sales permits for their state. No Soliciting means exactly that. Its also called Tresspassing. So please, help me out by getting these goof-balls out of our market areas. As we dont know who they are. But you, the harrassed potential customer, does. As for quality of the meat? Well me personally I like it. I have only had 3 complaints out of my 120 member customer base. And I refunded their money out of my own pocket. Of course, different strokes for different folks I guess. The main office is located in Washington D.C. Good Luck!
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   over1t -1 Votes
I would like to say that even if their meat is good I will never buy from this company. The same guy has been to my house 3 times in one month despite the fact that i politely told him i would never buy from him, because i've been going to the same butcher for almost 10 years. Earlier today when i drove up my driveway, coming home from work, there he was. This time he didn't get out of the van, which was actualy very nice, calling me Boss he went into his sales pitch. I imediately told him that I was not interested and wished him "Good Luck". He laughed and started telling me that he had made over $500 from my neighbor on an $800 order after just starting to tell me that he would give me a "great deal". He went on about several people in my neighborhood being customers and that he was doing better than I (thowing out figures and names). I run a company and would never talk to a potential customer this way and would fire any of my employees that did. I would also not disclose my profit margins as he did weather true or not, belittling people is not a good sales tactic. Those honest guys working for this company i feel sorry that guys like this are giving you a bad name.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   MelissaB1968 +1 Votes
I am amazed at the negative reports I am reading here. I have bought meat from this company for 2 years now. Everyone need to realize that these guys are people just like you who have a family to feed. This is their job, they are not doing anything wrong to hurt you. Most of the guys are nice and will work out deals with you. Don't be so quick to slam the door in their face. The meat is great and no where can you get steaks for the price they sell them for. I always try to put myself in other people shoes and see the good in everyone. Some of these guys have other professions but have gotten laid off and turn to the meat business just to have a job. Some of these guys are not stupid and bombs they are everyday people like me and you. Their job is no different then someone selling insurance or avon. If you don't want the meat fine, but stop giving the company a bad name. I have had no problems with their meat and actually I like the fact that the meat is tightly sealed and individually wrapped. I personally save more in my grocery shopping when it comes to meat. Some people may have a meat market they shop at and that is fine, but like someone said before if you never tried the meat don't talk bad about it. If you have tried the meat and your taste is not for it then don't discourage others to buy. I think it is up to everyone to make their own decision on what they like. Just because you don't like the way something taste doesn't mean someone else won't like it. Some of you say you don't buy meat off a truck, where do you think the meat you buy from the grocery store come off of? Come on people respect these guys and I'm sure you'll get a better response from them. They understand your situation but you slamming doors in their faces and fussing out the next guy that comes to your door doesn't solve anything.
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   Qjones -1 Votes
JUST TODAY 10/14/2009 in Fairfax VA-I went out for 1/2 an hour to buy something at the store. When I returned, I found 2 shady looking sales guys with 3 boxes of meat open on my living room floor. My confused 84 year old grandmother who has ALZHEIMERS was trying to get them to leave, but they wouldn't. I drove up and saw the shiny new van (they must be making some money) and knew this was trouble. We bought from these guys the previous year after getting the hard sales pitch and the meat was no better than anything else you could get and the steak was barely edible.

Anyway, I walked in and told them that we bought before weren't all that thrilled and let them know we didn't want any. They started on their sales pitch. I said, "we're all set, thank you." They kept on...I finally had to say, "please leave, we aren't buying today" just to get them to get out of our house. My first inclination was to find a bat and chase them off. My grandmother was in her robe & slippers & curlers in her hair for Christ's Sake. RIDICULOUS.

My god. Who does business this way? This is disgusting and if I find them in my driveway again, I will call the cops first and ask questions 2nd.

My entire neighborhood is driven crazy by these people. If the meat was good and a reasonable price, maybe people would come to you and buy or maybe you could sell your meat to the grocery store.
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   Lippy74 +1 Votes
I just finished getting these two SHADY looking salesmen from Capital Meats off my front porch. It took me about half an hour, as I am naturally a laid-back, non-aggressive type person. They insisted on laying out everything on my front steps without my permission, kept trying cut me a "deal", even though the lower prices were still quite high, and demanded that I give them a reason on why I was refusing to buy. Finally, after I told them no for the 5th time, they went for the pity approach - hanging their heads, with mouths agape. After I turned around to walk back into the house, one of the men insulted me (saying "no wonder he lives alone..."). When a stranger insults you, standing uninvited on your own property, to me that is the ultimate in disrespect. Based on the other comments I've read, this is not an isolated incident. This company specifically targets salespeople they know will be pushy, aggressive, and rude at the expense of people they can intimidate. I am glad I did not give this company a dime, and I would encourage everyone else to only support companies that make an honorable approach to sales.
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   customer 41501 +1 Votes
I have bought their chicken and their filet min. steaks and as the person said b4 if cooked right the meat is very good and tender the guys that i bought off of they didnt push it down our throats to buy it they ask us and told us about the deals they could offer us and then let us look and make up our own minds. So if this says anything one day my husband came home from work he had something in a bag and come to find out some guys had came around his work and he went over to them to purchase more meat thats what he had in the bag and actually they havent been back since bc i let my neighbor try the bbq and she has been watching 4 them ever since.She even had me look up the number online so she could call 4 a sales rep to come to her home.Like the comment b4 said the guys work off commission if they dont sell they dont make any money and in these hard times at least they are working instead of robbing people . So just bc u had a bad experience with them doesnt mean everyone is like that . What would you do if you had a family to feed and this was the job u had and knowing if u didnt sell anything then your not gonna get paid maybe even lose your job 4 not meeting your sales and bc you didnt make any money u cant feed your family . So think about what your saying when u havent even tried it telling other people not to when they may like it.Just bc they are one bad egg in a dozen doesnt mean they all are.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   ovy -1 Votes
I agree the meat and chicken are not even fit for a dog. It looks good in the package, but is very poor quality. The chicken was the worst. I called to try to exchange the chicken after a couple of days, but the only response i received was they would give me a discount on my next purchase. The warranty is total B.S. Stay away from this company the product is garbage. i guess it was my fault though for buying meat out of a van. Warn anyone you know not to buy this crap. i know i will
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   lost.logic +1 Votes
I have had a sales person from this company come to my home and the next night my car window and ONLY MY CAR WINDOW was broken. I suspect the reason was that I refused to buy from this supposed 'salesman'.

It starts out with a bumrush while trying to exit the car to get in the house. He hands me a brouchure and tells that he wanted to show me the price of the steaks. Since I have the pamphlet and all the pricing info I thought the meet was over. Was I wrong. I turn to lock the door only to see the man on his way to my home with threee boxes of product struggling to carry it. I told him that if he wanted me to look at it that I would be able to come to him he needn't come to me. "My boss will fire me if I do this out in the open!", he exclaimed. So I let him in.
STUPID. He tells me that I have a nice place and he starts spreading product all over the floor telling me about the quality of meat and cut and so on and so on. I tell the guy I am not interested and he starts coming up with different "deals" to entice me to buy. Never calling his "boss" not even once. Not even when he offered me one box for $25.
After refusing the "final" offer he tells me that the people that refuse him usually go back to buying junk from the market at a huge mark up. Yeah, $500 for a box of "fresh" flash frozen meat in a "vacuum" seal is a great "deal". Give me a break! Who falls for this crap!
He tries one more time to sell me on this product by finally calling his "boss" to make the "ultimate" offer. I'm thinking, an offer better than 25 dollars for a box? I gotta see this.
He starts having this conversation...you know the one where the man speaks so loud that he lets you in on the conversation without letting you even speak on the phone to the "boss" as a courtesy to let you know that he is working for your business. He tells me not to tell anyone about the deal I was going to get and then spills the deal. $299 for one case of B.S. and that's it. Are you kidding me? A minute ago he was selling me a single box for 25 dollars. Naturally I said no and he started going on this tirade about how I would be missing out on prime quality cut meat (flash frozen, mind you), and I would be foolish to skip out on it.
I told the guy, for the last time, no. I escorted him to the door and told him to have a nice day. The salesman said nothing back, just walked away. Two days later I wake up to someone knocking on my door telling me that my car window was smashed. I look around and notice that there are alot of other cars in the neighborhood and ONLY MY CAR WAS VIOLATED. Logically, it would make sense if it were car thieves or your typical vandal they would've tried other vehicles.
I will be looking for this man, and he had better pray that I do not see him. I will be sure to call the police last. Count on it.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   twowired +1 Votes
Yep the meat is just a cover up for thieves!! I have been dealing with this company for several years and want buy meat from anywhere else. If you know how you can get some really good deals. If you have never tried their steaks you should, just thaw them out and put them on a grill and see how tender they are. They are grrreat!!
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   Steven Curtis -2 Votes
I think u could keep your big ass mouth shut, as all that is coming out has to be lies, so yes, i am calling u a lier.I feed that food to my family.I would never feed them cheap food.And if everyone on your block didnt like the meatman, then no they wouldnt go there at all.You see them so often because there are buyers next door.Obvoiusly u have never been a salesman.If u had, u would appreciate them alot more.Basically, it sounds lik to me that you and ur closed minded, miserable little life need to find something better to do, and dont be mad at that nasty little salesman in the truck because he makes more income then u and ur husband together, lolhahahahahahaha!!!
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   diamanst -1 Votes
THE SAME CRAP HAPPENED TO US. HARD SELL, AGGRESSIVE SALES TACTICS, CAME IN MY HOUSE, LAID OUT ALL THIS DISGUSTING MEAT ON MY PIANO AND WOULD NOT LEAVE UNTIL I BOUGHT FROM HIM. TERRIBLE, DISHONEST COMPANY.

StyleChest.com Fraud