C4 Connections / AT&T

135 Gemini Circle
Birmingham, Alabama
If you are considering working as a AT&T Contractor in Birmingham, and the guy on the other end of the line tells you he is from C4 Connections Authorized Saes Agent and his name is Carl Blust RUN!

These guys are slick and very good at what they do - and he will STEAL FROM YOU.

Don't get me wrong. AT&T is legitimate and there is a lot of money to be made by hard working contractors. You should understand.

I am not bitter about selling the product. Since leaving C4 I have hooked up with another Contractor and am doing great. I actually get paid and I dont have to listen to somebody drop the F-Bomb in meetings everyday. That gets really old and I hope whoever is reading this won't fall into his trap.This guy has black teeth talking about how he use to be a meth-head, but then if one of us do bad he go's off on you infront of everybody and ridicule you. This was very embarrassing and I didn't even want to hit the field because he will make you feel like crap. The man says he has $750, 000 in the bank when he looks like a homeless person. Yea right the he's full of you know what.

He will get you into the business, show you how to sell then...

you're fired after your next complaint. Or fired if your late to his meetings what a jerk

If you are good they'll offer you a GM position - they still won't pay you what they owe you, they'll just keep dangling the carrot. If you still make noise - you're fired - then they drop the real bomb - Their Independant Contractor Agreement states THEY KEEP ALL OF YOUR MONEY for 90-180 days for chargebacks.

Myself and half a dozen other past agents are putting together a class action suit against C4 Connections and Carl Blust.

Complaint comments Comments (322) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

19th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

At & T - I would not recommend their rip off practices to anyone!

It all started about five months before my father moved out of his rental due to it being sold. They were sending my father who is a senior citizen bills and mind you he was on the lifeline service plan. His normal bills for years would be no more than 5 or so dollars a month. Around that price. Then he mentioned to me that his bills were getting higher. When I called for my father. We found out some unknown person has put computer related email call charges on his phone bill without his knowledge or consent. Those figures added roughly about 75.00 out of his pocket. I called the service lady at AT and T and told her he needed to be reimbursed and those were unauthorized. She agreed to file the dispute and that my father would receive a check for the amount after she submitted to another department so they could figure out the taxes part.

Also when my father moved. He asked them to forward his same phone number to the new location. That was never carried out. There was back and forth with calling them to ask when it would get turned on at the new location. Then he was told he needed inside wiring. He had that checked out and found out it was not the inside wiring. Meanwhile they were adding some bogus charged to his bill for not even having a phone! I called the lady and spoke with the technical dept that went out to investigate. They did indeed agree that it was a wire that was defective on their part. I spoke with the lady at AT and T and told her all this and she said that he would get another bill and to avoid paying it. That he would get a check soon afterwards. That was not the case. Also when my father moved. They stated he owed them seventy dollars before they would turn the phone on. That my father paid. On to the story.

He never got a check for the seventy five dollars of bogus charges on his phone bill. He never got all the charges off for not having phone service since he moved. They were trying to charge for that. Crazy but yes.

Meanwhile I had to turn on my phone. I went with this company. My bills have been 75.00 a month just using it for dial up for my computer. I applied for the lifeline service myself. And they keep stating they didn't receive it so they sent out another one. Then I filled that one out and sent back and they state it was three days late past the due date. Therefore they don't elect to send me another lifeline form and they are charging me fines for not receiving it? 21.00 for not getting the form in time. Weird. However I submitted the complaints over to the puc to investigate. My father got a twenty dollar check in the mail from AT and T?

Where the seventy five and seventy he paid? And my bill is higher than the cell phones I own. Its up to seventy here and there a month. And when I tell them that I just use it for dial up for my aol and I haven't even dialed any toll and long distance at all. Why is the bill so high?

They say well I see this one charge for not receiving your lifeline form. They are charging me??? For not receiving a lifeline form? A charge here and there. And they can't explain the rest to me. And the weird part is. Where is the PUC to determine and help us??? Why did my father only receive a twenty dollar check? Can they add?

Meanwhile they state to me really rude with a care less attitude. The forms get handled elsewhere for the qualifying for the lifeline service. And we can only send out so many. But after speaking with the girl at the lifeline service. She states that isn't true. Call the phone company and ask for another one and re submit it. Regardless I have to take my business elsewhere. I refuse to pay willingly to being just plain ripped off.

I would not recommend their rip off practices to anyone. And I am highly upset with the PUC for not handling the complaints fairly either. I am calling the puc today to personally direct my frustration about this company or channel seven on your side.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T / Dsl Service - Nothing but trouble

I have had the same Internet connection for almost 4 years. It has always been trouble free, fast, and no nonsense.

Recently AT&T took over Bellsouth, and now I have nothing but trouble. Email problems, files too big to send or receive, disconnections, daily.

Would like to know how many others have this same problem.
 26th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T Long Distance - Customer harassment, illegal money collecting

To Whom It May Concern,

The business I'm complaining about does not have a person or department to speak with regarding their bill collection tactics. Instead, they enlist a faceless, automated harassing machine that phones the customer daily and continually, without regard to the time of day or night.

We cancelled their service and owe $35 dollars. The company's name is: AT&T.

In one day alone, AT&T called 35 times. I have no choice but to answer the phone as I have a very sick relative and cannot afford to avoid it. When asked who I might speak with, the response is always "I cannot hear ma'me, there's something wrong with YOUR connection". The callers appear to be located in another country.

I was under the impression that the practice of harassing a customer to collect money was illegal.

Can anyone help?

Carmen E. Corrigan
 14th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T Wireless - Poor service!

I am fed up with the service att wireless has offered. Their commercials are bogus and their customer service stinks. Their contract is even worse. I have between 10-15 dropped calls daily. Also, there are many times on a daily basis that I have to walk around the house or hang out the window or even worse, stand out in the cold on the front step to make or receive a phone call. I have 4 phones. The cost for the family plan with all the extras like text messaging, minutes and insurance my bill was over 400 dollars a month. That's crazy... whoever said talk is cheap... they didn't know what they were talking about. I have turned off all but one phone because I am so dissatisfied with att. My bill still hovers around $110 a month and that is totally stripped of any extras and I still have to pay 9.99 a month until my contract is up on June 30 for the 3 other phones that are not even active. I am now on my boyfriends Verizon contract and he has two phones. The bill is never more than $75 a month and I can get service everywhere. I have never had a dropped call and I don't have to stand outside or hang out my window to get reception! So, att sucks and I can't wait until my contract is up on June 30... never again att!
 19th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

ATT Wireless - Poor service!

Does anyone know what can be done about AT&T Wireless service? My calls drop, my signal bar is "one or two" strength. AT&T indicates that they DO NOT HAVE TO GUARANTEE SERVICE. But, depending on the rep I speak with, here is their response: *we have no towers in the area, *we have two towers and cannot understand why no service*it's your phone*when Cingular switched to AT&T, it affected the towers*and NO we cannot allow you out of your legal contract which expires in April 2008. I have 3 phones on the family plan; but I'm not an important client. I've used ATT/Cingular for 9 years... this is my reward....
 21st of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I'm having the same experience. For the last two months our wireless coverage within 4 blocks of our house is spotty at best, 50% of our phone calls drop. AT&T's customer service opened a "trouble ticket" saying they had problems with the local tower a month ago. After no communication for a month (giving them the benefit of the doubt) I called this morning to find out that my trouble ticket had been "resolved". Umm, what? Guess they forgot to give me a call to make sure it resolved my issue. Now they're saying I can't get out of my contract without paying a fee. Aren't they missing the fact that a contract goes both ways? They have obligations to me, as much as I have obligations to them.
Every time I call, I have to tell the whole story to some new person who refuses to give me a direct line to contact them again. There is absolutely no accountability there. I had a technical service agent tell me that she had "bigger problems" than me. I had one customer service agent try to upsell me to a higher service plan... unreal.
 28th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

AT&T Wireless - AT&T customer service is awful at best

AT&T customer service is awful at best. I was on the phone with one of the customer service representatives and she placed me on hold more than once while disputing my bill. I finally told her, “I need to speak to your supervisor.” To no surprise, she exhibited the same attitude. The plans AT&T has to offer are enticing, but their customer service department representative’s lack in respect and satisfaction for their customers. Therefore, I’m actively searching for a wireless plan from a different company that at least takes care of their customers in respect and satisfaction. Thus, if the customer service department representative’s continues to practice the same old bad attitude, lack of respect, and satisfaction for their customers, then the so called, “New AT&T.” is just a temporary band aid for the inevitable. Remember, history tends to repeat itself.
 21st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

ATT - Terrible customer service!
400 Carter Rd.
Phone: 1-270-247-8801

I changed my long distance service to ATT on Novemer 17, 2007 and was told I was eligible for a $50 rebate. I was asked to wait 3 weeks due to processing delay and then register for the rebate. It is now January 21, 2008 and no rebate. I called the rebate center and now they tell me that I am NOT eligible for the refund. I have been on the phone for the last 3 hours back and forth with these inefficient customer service reps and their supervisors who will tell you anything to get you signed up and then fail to come through with their promises. I have been accused of lying, have been apologized to for people who lied to me or did not understand that what they offered me was not in existence, and any other pathetic excuse you can imagine. I have been overcharged for the last two months for my services and have had to fight with ATT in order to get my money returned. What a mistake to think I could actually do legitimate business with these people.
 28th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

AT&T - Disconnected service
Phone: 231-627-1015

I recently received a couple of collect phone calls, each lasting 1 to 3 minutes in length. My AT&T bill was charged 29.59 for each call and told that each call was 10 minutes , when I called to inquire about the charge, the woman I talked to said there is a 5 minute minimum on every collect call and the minutes you talk are added on to that. This is a scam, very unfair, what can the general public do to protect ourselves against this, at no time were we aware or were we told of this fee or of the 5 minute minimum rate. The public needs to become aware of the practices of this company, I know that I am not alone and not the first to be scammed. I hope you can offer some help or suggestions.
 30th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

AT&T I - Phone - They Lied To Get My Money
12231 W. Sunrise Blvd.
Phone: 954-474-5252

I have been with AT&T since 2000. It has been all in all a good company, except when it comes to their marketing tactics. They will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract and buy a phone. This time I was promised $120 unlimited voice, text, and internet. Ask the girl, Christina, six times to verify. I was told the only way to get the plan was to buy the extraordinarily expensive I-Phone ($500) . Took home the phone, opened the package- the lady at AT&T verified the plan with me, at $140.00. Sure AT&T charges you only $120, but they don't tell you Apple will charge you an additional $20, so that your bill is actually $140. Took the phone back, and they charged me a 10% restocking fee. The sales people, at the store, treated my horribly, especially Carlos. Fortunately, AT&T- the company (not the store) gave me a credit to make up for the stocking fee, and cancelled the contract. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE.
 18th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

AT&T - Lack of customer service

After paying my bill with AT&T in FULL, the company decided not to restore my service unless I paid a 500.00 dep per line (I had 3 lines). When I refused, they sent my account to a collection company suing me for 583.12. These charges are termination fees plus 18% of my previous balance. How is it that these companies can do this to consumers? I did not want my account terminated, they made that decision and are suing me for early termination fees? How can that be fair to the consumer? How is it legal for companies to be able to do this?
 28th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

ATT - internet service works when wants to
9401 Coventry Sq.#114
Phone: 281-879-1439

ever since i switched my phone service with att to vonage i kept the high speed internet with att but it seems ever since i have done that my internet service has been acting up when i call customer service i cannot understand anything the rep say because nine times out of ten there in india or somewhere and are not very friendly right now my internet problem still has not been resolved but in the mean time i am paying for service i am not receving very unhappy customer
 30th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased an AT&T Tilt Phone from a local store in Fremont for my daughter on 05/08/2008 that was at a cost of $448.11. Today, while my daughter was on the phone, the phone went dead. No power. She went to the store, they put a new battery and tested the phone, but with no luck, it didnt turn on. They asked her to contact AT&T.

She called on five separate occasions, and she was told, because the phone is older than 30days, all they can do is to give her a refurbished phone. Off-course she was very upset. My husband came home and also called the call center. They gave him the same answer. My husband said, we paid over $400 for a brand new phone, it dies, after 35plus days, and all u can give me is a refurbished phone?

He talked to the supervisor who said the same thing, we no other help. The store where we bought the phone said specifically, that if anything went before 30days, to bring it back to the store and they would replace it. If after 30days, call AT&T and they will replace it with a brand new phone. No one said (sales people) it would be refurbished. In talking with supervisor, he said he has had few of the same type of complaints, which off-course, if he is one of the Manager who has had to deal with this type of issue, then there must be so many other similar types of complaint to managers like those. There seems to be something wrong with the phone and has defects. In addition, I was not given any names for me to escalate this issue to at AT&T.

I am now filing a complaint with my Credit Card company and the BBB.
 6th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

AT&T Universal Card. - service charge
at@t universal card
Phone: 800-4234343

I was charge 1.44 service charge. I called and changed my payment date and was authorized a new one, I paid the account in Full and expect
the service chage to be creditedl.
accont member Louise Gould
No.5491 1392 5017 5834
 27th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
On July 3, 2008 I discovered that a residential phone line had been fraudulently opened in my name with AT&T, and this was just the beginning of my extremely upsetting experience. I live in New Hampshire, and the phone line was opened in Miramar, Florida. I feel absolutely sick over how easy it was for these criminals to open an account with AT&T, but how extremely difficult it has been to be exonerated from this theft. AT&T opened this account in 5 minutes or less, and yet I have now spent the last 6 weeks making calls, sending faxes, e-mails, and certified mail trying to prove my innocence. Again, I requested that a supervisor call me back, and I was told that someone would call me back by the end of the week. "Mondays are very busy." Why????? What is wrong with AT&T's Customer Service? I keep being told they still need more information- even after I have sent them exactly what they have requested. AT&T has the worst Customer Service that I have ever dealt with. I truly hope that anyone reading this has not had the same awful experience. It is because AT&T (Bell South) opened up this phone line so freely for these thieves, that a dozen credit cards were also able to be fraudulently opened in my name. So, a word of advise - check your credit report to be sure you don't have an inquiry from Bell South (DBA) AT&T. The Identity Theft thieves open up phone lines in other states so the credit card companies can call and verify the new change of address, and then send out credit cards in your ... name. Good luck.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

AT&T - Lack of customer service

Hello. My complaint has to do with AT&T's lack of customer service/billing. When I call customer service to ask a question, I get put on hold, and half the time, I am either just left on hold, or the call gets disconnected. This is very frustrating, especially when I have past due amount to be paid, and need to make arrangements to pay it before they shut off my service for non-payment. I cannot afford to lose service, or am not able to switch to a company with real customer service.
 29th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by    -1 Votes
The customer service is terrible. Do you know who to talk to and hopefully change that? My previous provider was sprint and i never had a problem.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Letter to ATT:
To whom it may concern,
I have experienced an excessive number of dropped calls while on the ATT network.
In July 2008, i purchased a new iPhone 3G, and have had approximately 30% of my calls
dropped at least once during the conversation. The only thing that has been consistent
is the fact that i keep getting dropped calls every month.

I have taken the phone in to an AT&T location on 2 occasions and they werent able to
diagnose anything wrong with the device.
I further took value time away from my schedule to take it into an Apple store location on 3

separate occasions; and again to no avail.
I have opened up 2 investigative tickets with your IT department as suggested by customer service

I have already changed the SIM card once, and exchanged the phone twice.

Through all this tribulation to find out why i am receiving such poor service, no one has been

able to offer me a definitive reason as to why the network service is so horrible.

I have been consistenly paying AT&T over $130 every month, but i am not receiving consistent

service. This is just unfair to me as a paying customer, and not to mention embarassing while
speaking with my clients.

Since i feel like this is a unique situation, i believe that it requires unique attention. I am

looking to you to help resolve this matter and make a bad situation;

Very Unsatisfied Customer
 25th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

ATT - Turning off service by error

I called Att to tell them I will be moving shortly and gave them the date that I will be moving. ATT proceeded to turn to turn off the service immediately leaving me with no phone or internet service. Trying to resolve this has been a nightmare. Trying to speak to a person was impossible. I finally was able to have the phone service turned back on after 24 hours. I still do not have High Speed internet service. I was told that it would take a week to maybe get it back but gave me dial-up instead. So Att can turn off the service immediatly but are unable to correct their mistake as fast. Their phone communication is impossible . I am beside myself with frustration. So far I have spent 6 hours on the phone and internet trying to get through to someone at ATT that can resolve the situation

Donald Rampsch