Posted:

Bill me later system sucks!

The system sucks at bill me later I had been approved for purchases over $2,000 but now I am getting denied for a $600.00 purchase. my monthly pymt for the last 6 months ranged from monthly amounts of $200-$1620 but the representative and manager stated my new purchase was decline b/c of of pymt history and spending pattern. They are crazy any one that pays over $150 of their monthly amount billed and on time is a good customer worthy of credit approval esp for amounts that they have shown to be able to pay.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

17th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Taz is right! Use any other method for payment. If Bill Me Later treats good consumers like Taz this way - imagine what trouble you will find yourself in if you have a dispute with these Shylocks.
 1st of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Bill Me Later - Cannot get into my account!

I have always been able to get into online payment and now cannot. Have tried a number of times and have had no luck.
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Bill Me Later is a sleazy scam. I found out the hard way. When you pay off the purchase, they tack a "fee" that they don't seem to remember to tell you about. Mine was less than $10, then after 6 months they start pinging you for the money. Of course they won't take credit card payments - they make it really hard for you to pay, and it keeps racking up. I finally gave up on them. Their people are rude and arrogant, which really enhances the BML "customer experience".

My vasectomy was more fun.
 31st of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Bill Me Later providing a horrible experience. Their customer service is the worst I've experienced in my life.

I had made a purchase for a deferred interest free payment and they billed me with interest immediately. After weeks of trying to reach them, they confirmed a glich and said they were looking into it.

3 months went by with no results or contact. 150.00 of interest later I paid it off. My only solace was the company the product came from gave me a 50.00 credit as the problem of billing was noticed on their side as well.

They were not responsible for the billing however, so hats off for at leat the small credit.

Bill Me Later is not recommended by any means!!! Stay clear. This is my first negative review of any company, but by principal I share my experience.
 10th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I used Bill Me Later for a one time purchase of a 30 dollar pair of dirtbike riding pants. It's been five months later and they are charging me for late fees on a zero balance! I am formally filing a class action suit against this company and if anyone wants in, please e-mail me at moosedaddy41@yahoo.com This company is really a rip off. It's time to fight back.
 18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I work for Bill Me Later and would be happy to speak with you about your situation. Please feel free to contact me at heather.fields@billmelater.com
 13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Bill Me Later should be banned.
My eleven year old daughter ordered an item from American Girl without my knowlege or approval. This was an internet order which only asked for name and address. I was immediately notified of the purchase and charges ($23.95) by BML. When the item was received I immediately contacted American Girl and asked how an 11 YO could have been approved for this purchase. They finally admitted that their internet order process had a "flaw" and it would be corrected and they would credit BML as soon as the item was returned (they sent a UPS label). Two months later I got a bill from Bill Me Later for $42.00. This was AFTER they received the credit from American Girl!. I immediately called American Girl to make sure they had indeed credited Bill Me Later which they had (although their "security" department argued that the order was valid because they require a SS number when ordering. When I called Bill Me Later they explained that the charges were because the credit from AG didn't come in until after 29 days. When I pointed out that the order was fradulent they still argued that I owed them $42. When I threatened to sue they softened their argument but wanted all my personal information including SS#. If my SS# matched the one on the order then I was liable for the $42 charge! I gave them the last four digits, which didn't match, and then they argued that the SS# was my daughters. (She doesn't even know what a SS# is). When I gave them the last four digits of her number they also didn't match. They finally agreed to cancel the charge. Here's the kicker....THEY HAVE TWO ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATES DEPENDING ON HOW YOUR BALANCE IS CALCULATED. One is 19.99% and THE OTHER IS 102.70%!

Bill Me Later is a FRADULENT SCAM which automatically creates an account in the purchasers name using incomplete and or bad information from anyone who subscribes to their service and apparently will create a bogus SS# to validate that account all so they can charge outrageous fees and finance charges.
STAY AWAY FROM ANY VENDORS THAT USE BILL ME LATER!!!
 2nd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Bill Me Later - interest rip off
Maryland

Had 3 months no interest. Tryed to charge interest even though I paid by the no interest date. Poor customer service.
 5th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Jim,
I work for Bill Me Later and noticed your comments. I would be happy to help you with this matter. Please feel free to contact me at Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
 12th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Bill Me Later has horrible customer relations and questionable business practices. I made a charge through Continental Airlines in March. The charge didn't even appear on my Bill Me Later account until June, and after 2 other charges I made in April had posted. I had paid my account in full in May - but since they never even posted my March charge until June, I didn't see it. Luckily I caught it in July, after they charged me a finance fee. So, it's only $10 - but when I called they were horrible. They blamed Continental and me, and told me I had to fax them a dispute form and evidence. Of course, they do that so I'll just get ticked off and pay the $10... well it worked, but I'm also going everywhere I can to warn you!

STAY AWAY FROM BILL ME LATER - they're horrible!
 15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
They can bite my weinie
 16th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree 100%. The bill me later is a rip off. Fees, late fees, finance charges, and no statements. What a joke.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Bill Me Later - Bait and Switch
Indiana

Used BIL ME LATER on buy.com for $20 off and 90 days same as cash! Bill me later later said that promotion was not valid even though it was listed at check out! Now they are charging 20% interest and no $20 back for me. AVOID both companies at all costs. BILL ME LATER IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!
 24th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Absolutely! I responded to a $30 credit upon opening a new account. Three months, numerous calls to customer service, a formal complaint, and several emails later, NO CREDIT. They state that there wasn't a credit like that during that time. BS!! What a fraud. It all made sense when I learned that they are affiliated with the same crooks at ebay. Avoid them both.
 8th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hello Mike and cateyes3,
My name is Heather and I work for Bill Me Later. I would be happy to help follow up on these situations with you. Please feel free to contact me via email at your earliest convenience: Heather.Fields@Billmelater.com

Sincerely
Heather.Fields@Billmelater.com
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Bill Me Later - Online scam
billmelater.com

Since 1/1/09 I have been getting billed by Bill Me Later for a membership with Blue Mountain-Online Cards and every month I call to inform them that I did not charge any membership on-line. They tell me to call Blue Mountain, which is an automated phone service cannot get a live person. It's been every month and late fees and penalties just keep increasing to my name. They even threaten to ruin my credit.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
 4th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Didzis,
I work for Bill Me Later and have come across your comment. I would be happy to follow up on this matter, with your help. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience via email, and we can go from there: Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
Heather.Fields@billmelater.com
 4th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Juper,
I work for Bill Me Later and would like to help follow up on this matter. Please feel free to contact me via email at your earliest convenience: Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Many Thanks,
Heather.Fields@billmelater.com
 20th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Bill Me Later - Unethical Business Practices
Bill Me Later

They ripped me off by offering $100 off and 90 days no finance charge. Purchase goes through and doing their best Copperfield impression...PRESTO no record of the offer. LOL. Whatever...fool me once! I will be sure to let everyone in every forum know they are unethical and outright thieves.

Bill Me Later Logo Bill Me Later